Mag Glitch Guide

sheldama

Pulled strait from PsoWiki

In a nutshell, third-stage mags change at each level in increments of five depending on its stats and what class / ID is feeding it. Each five levels, it'll check to see if it should change and if it should, it does. However, it will only change right at that level, not any time during it. A bug exists here where a mag will change client-side when at a level multiple of 5 if the parameters are different, but will actually stay the same server-side.

As an example, say we have Egbert, a Skyly RAmar, and Lalonde, a Viridia HUnewearl. Egbert is raising a mag, which is about to hit lv. 50. He wants Twins on it, so he hands it over to Lalonde and she feeds it until it becomes lv. 50. It turns into Ila and gets Twins.

Lalonde now hands the Ila back over to Egbert at lv. 50 and he starts to feed it. He looks up the feeding chart, and it says to give Ila Antiparalysis to raise its Dex. But after one Antiparalysis, while still lv. 50, it turns into a Bhirava!

"Hm," thinks Egbert, "What does Bhirava need?" After looking up the chart for Bhirava, he sees it needs Antidotes. He stuffs it full of them, giving it 25 Antidotes and gaining 4 levels in Dex. He logs out and goes to sleep, and when he comes back, it's an Ila again and has lost some of its levels! Worse, it now has an extra point in Defense!

This is due to the bug that changes mags client-side if their parameters are different when fed at levels divisible by 5. When Egbert gave his mag that Antiparalysis, it didn't actually turn into a Bhirava. It was still an Ila, and giving Ila Antidotes increases its Defense.

To avoid this bug, don't transfer a mag between characters when its level is a multiple of 5. Wait until lv. 51-54, 56-59, etc. If you're aware of the bug you can still feed it the items it needs and ignore the change, but only if you're certain you know that it didn't actually change suddenly. To confirm its current state, all you need to do is log out and back in. If it hasn't changed, it's what it's supposed to be.

So many people have the same issue and here is why.

Whenever your maag changes form or sohuld change form, leave the room, change blocks and continue feeding to avoid problems. I would ask for a stickie but there are only 5 topics in this forum

• Like 2

a bit late my friend

but... if this is just client-side, then why it stays as it is even after logging out?

i had an ila that evolved into a varaha, i played about 2 days and there was no change until it got to lvl 99 and i tranfered it to get a rare mag

also, any chance that a gm can fix my mag?

a bit late my friend

but... if this is just client-side, then why it stays as it is even after logging out?

i had an ila that evolved into a varaha, i played about 2 days and there was no change until it got to lvl 99 and i tranfered it to get a rare mag

also, any chance that a gm can fix my mag?

GMs normally do help in that situation.

Hm what i've gotten is when i change my mag it'll change right away if i feed it like i had sato and it turned into a marica then 2 some calm thing then back as i changed chars. So you might need further research just saying :s

Are you absolutely sure you fed it to a Female Force of Either :Blue, Red, Viridia, or Whitll? Cause Marica can also come from Oran, Pinkal and Greenill pow>dex>mind. And why do you send me to research my Mag stuff when you are the one messing things up?

Also, at every 5 levels you can still go to a rare mag. So lvl 110 (cause of the forumla Def/Dex = Pow/Mnd has to be every 10 not 5) you can still get your sato (super cute!)

Edited by sheldama

• 1 year later...

I had figured this out somewhat on my own on GameCube.

I have a level 200 Kalki mag alright and I have a FOmar named Alanon, I gave my Kalki mag to my character Rendlan a RAmar for an extreme boost in technique usage (I was overpowering his mst to gain lvls quickly) I was working on making the mag's stats completely full (Star Atomizer is the only thing that does it) I fed it one star atomizer and being it was 200 it shouldn't change, right? It then evolved into this tadpole looking mag off of a HUmar that's a Pinkal (weird that mag last time I checked was a force mag)

Anyway's Mag's as long as they are not set to a Rare, they will evolve regardless the level.

Like my Sato I gave it monomate until 12 def, fed it antidote until 38 dex, difluid until 12 mind, and dimate until 37 pow. Transfered to a FOnewearl made into a Sato and transfered it back to my RAmar and kept feeding it, it stayed as a Sato.

As well feeding Mag's deepends on the I.D. Class not the character class, so in the situation above if the guy wanted a twin mag I would've done a Rati. (Too me after loving that mag for 6-8 years I hate it, I like Sato's that'll probably change soon)

But I hope this helps sorry if its confusing

The 200 is still a multiple of 5, so it looks like it changes client side when you feed it, but it hasn't actually changed server side and will revert upon change blocks/logout. They will only actually change when being fed to a level multiple of 5 (i.e. from 199 to 200), they don't evolve anytime other than that. The level does matter(a 197 mag wont evolve no matter who you give it to). And as for the Sato, once the mag goes rare it stays rare and never evolves again, so transferring doesn't matter it will just stay Sato.