Stealth Suit Possibilities

Well, as some of you know, there is an item called STEALTH SUIT. It is an armor obtainable by doing the quest Gallon's Plan. You must collect 20 "Photon Tickets" to purchase it. The stats aren't exactly bad on it, but could do with a little upgrade. PSO-World doesn't even have it listed.

It has a unique feature of turning you semi-transparent. It hides your weapon, mag, and most of your body while standing still.

When you move, you will become a little more visible, yet your mag and weapon will not show.

Finally, when you attack, your body becomes completely visible. I will demonstrate using some pictures.

psostandingstill.png

This is a picture of me using the STEALTH SUIT while standing still.

psomoving.png

This is a picture of me using the STEALTH SUIT while moving.

psoattacking.png

This is a picture of me using the STEALTH SUIT while attacking.

psoenemies2.png

This is a picture of me using the STEALTH SUIT while standing still, and as you can see, enemies will still track me.

I believe that the STEALTH SUIT should have the ability to mask your presence while in hostile territory as long as you are standing still. I think it would be unfair to give this advantage to everyone, so to even it out, we could raise the level of the item to around 150-180. Or if you really want to push it, even lower the stats a tiny but. (Personally, I think the stats need a tiny increase.) The one exception to the stealth ability should be bosses. No boss should be able to lose sight of you, even with it on. It would ruin the balance of game-play.

I understand that it takes time to do things like these, but I feel that it would make STEALTH SUIT more sought after, and more worthwhile to get.

Again, this is just an Idea I had floating around in my head for the last few months. I wanted to talk about it earlier, but I needed to collect info from other players about the item, and what they thought of it.

Thanks for your time! Let me know what you think about this! ^_^

I think that stealth suit, is an armor made for a hucaseal, lvl 200 with her evasion at max. Because her, hucaseal, is the char, with most evasion.

Time ago i did a test with my old character called "valkyria", lvl 150... in forest and caves, the enemies dont hit me when i was stand right there but in the mines, ruins and all other levels with more difficult, they hit me, of course.

Maybe in lvl 200 with the appropiate items, for evasion, it would be effective.

lol so funny today i was thinking in this armor, since im editing one armor i remember that i wanted to increase the stats of this particular armor.

butt

and as you can see, enemies will still track me.

i cant change this, is hard coded in pso so theres no way we can change that part.

but sure we can increase the stats of the armor. and probably to add one ore 2 good specials.

lol so funny today i was thinking in this armor, since im editing one armor i remember that i wanted to increase the stats of this particular armor.

butt i cant change this, is hard coded in pso so theres no way we can change that part.

but sure we can increase the stats of the armor. and probably to add one ore 2 good specials.

Well, anything done to it would be nice, I've always liked this particular armor for its unique design, and I think it would make a nice addition to most player's arsenals. :onion-head11:

heres something

def:+1 (dont change, infact it should actually lower ur defence so that this armor is the opposite of black hound cuirass)

evp:300-325 (edit to 400-425)

ELT:0 edit to 20(a stealth suit refracts light 180 degrees around a target so that it projects images from the otherside)

EDK:0 edit to 20?

LCK:0 edit to 30(ur invisible, u should have higher critical rates)

Req Lv:120 change to lv150 which is the same as blue odoshi violet

Evp and Black Hound

these changes would make zerkers more successful as they would do more damage and get killed less by nonspell attacks. Also keep in mind that evp is like 2x the amount than dfp when u look at the numbers. so if u compare Black hound to my idea of what stealth suit should be, it should actually have 600evp and -100dfp. However that black hound cuirass doesnt give luck bonuses or resists. Also, evp is actually more useful than dfp because it prevents stun hits which gets people killed more often than knockdown hits due to short recovery time. The evp just needs a little adjustment.

Resists

As previously stated, my idea of what stealth suit would be would make zerkers much more effective. The only thing that would still kill them are spells. With 3hp any spell would kill them besides megid. If they had at least 20(the same as Aura Field) or 30 edk they would survive at least that. The ELT is just there cus it makes sense, the damn thing refracts light in order to produce the stealth effect.

Stealth and Sinows

The effect of the armor is very similar to spigells from the Central Controll Area of epII. They stealth, leap, and usually critical (or otherwise do lots of damage). The armor should have a similar effect. Surprise attacks from an invisible person should hurt more.

Edited by Scissors61

heres something

def:+1 (dont change, infact it should actually lower ur defence so that this armor is the opposite of black hound cuirass)

evp:300-325 (edit to 400-425)

ELT:0 edit to 20(a stealth suit refracts light 180 degrees around a target so that it projects images from the otherside)

EDK:0 edit to 20?

LCK:0 edit to 30(ur invisible, u should have higher critical rates)

Req Lv:120 change to lv150 which is the same as blue odoshi violet

Evp and Black Hound

these changes would make zerkers more successful as they would do more damage and get killed less by nonspell attacks. Also keep in mind that evp is like 2x the amount than dfp when u look at the numbers. so if u compare Black hound to my idea of what stealth suit should be, it should actually have 600evp and -100dfp. However that black hound cuirass doesnt give luck bonuses or resists. Also, evp is actually more useful than dfp because it prevents stun hits which gets people killed more often than knockdown hits due to short recovery time. The evp just needs a little adjustment.

Resists

As previously stated, my idea of what stealth suit would be would make zerkers much more effective. The only thing that would still kill them are spells. With 3hp any spell would kill them besides megid. If they had at least 20(the same as Aura Field) or 30 edk they would survive at least that. The ELT is just there cus it makes sense, the damn thing refracts light in order to produce the stealth effect.

Stealth and Sinows

The effect of the armor is very similar to spigells from the Central Controll Area of epII. They stealth, leap, and usually critical (or otherwise do lots of damage). The armor should have a similar effect. Surprise attacks from an invisible person should hurt more.

I actually like some of these ideas, this would also make it to where some of the other armors in the game actually have a point and are not just collectors items. Mostly you see Aura field, Electro frame, and Wedding dress because for the most part these are some of the best armors and are fairly easy to obtain. I think it would be a good idea to beef up some of the rarer armors to give them a bit of an edge or make them just as good as other armor.

Honestly if some of these changes were made I might actually decide to use these armors when zerking.

I actually like some of these ideas, this would also make it to where some of the other armors in the game actually have a point and are not just collectors items. Mostly you see Aura field, Electro frame, and Wedding dress because for the most part these are some of the best armors and are fairly easy to obtain. I think it would be a good idea to beef up some of the rarer armors to give them a bit of an edge or make them just as good as other armor.

Honestly if some of these changes were made I might actually decide to use these armors when zerking.

There are way more useful armors worth using besides those 3 you mentioned ;)

For example, lieutenant mantle who makes traps visible for non-casts.

Or sacred cloth which prevents paralysis. And FO's have mother garb, or a magic boosting armor.

Although, the more variety, the more different play-styles and looks ^^

From what I can tell, most of you are looking at class-specific changes. The way I look at is a little different.

I want this to be usable by all classes. I mean it in the sense that it is something that all classes can benefit from, not just Rangers using zerk weapons, or Hunters using zerk weapons.

As a Racast, I like a lot of defense. I dont care how much I get hit, I just dont want to take any damage. So the Def and stealth is a bonus. If a Hunter uses it, they would benefit from both the Evp and Def. If a Force uses it.....they would benefit from not only the stealth but the Evp as well. Most forces dont need defense, and Evp is a really useful stat for them.

I think that if we focus on a specific style of play, it will ruin the item. I'm not trying to put your ideas down, I'm just focused on the big picture. ^_^

From what I can tell, most of you are looking at class-specific changes. The way I look at is a little different.

I want this to be usable by all classes. I mean it in the sense that it is something that all classes can benefit from, not just Rangers using zerk weapons, or Hunters using zerk weapons.

As a Racast, I like a lot of defense. I dont care how much I get hit, I just dont want to take any damage. So the Def and stealth is a bonus. If a Hunter uses it, they would benefit from both the Evp and Def. If a Force uses it.....they would benefit from not only the stealth but the Evp as well. Most forces dont need defense, and Evp is a really useful stat for them.

I think that if we focus on a specific style of play, it will ruin the item. I'm not trying to put your ideas down, I'm just focused on the big picture. ^_^

lol, then, what they need, if you say "forces dont need defense" ... dont make me laught.. are you ever played with a force?

they are not just for support, they can fight too, fomarl and fonewearl with viviene and fomar and fonewm with Excalibur for exam.

If they dont have defense, this means that they are dependent of the other clasess if you want to find an item.

lol, then, what they need, if you say "forces dont need defense" ... dont make me laught.. are you ever played with a force?

they are not just for support, they can fight too, fomarl and fonewearl with viviene and fomar and fonewm with Excalibur for exam.

If they dont have defense, this means that they are dependent of the other clasess if you want to find an item.

Yes, I have used Forces before, and I dont use them often. However, I do understand that Def is not a primary stat that they need. Evp is something they should focus on the most. If you play a Force that gets hit a lot, then your doing something wrong. You can heal, so I see no point in worrying about how much damage you take. And you can also buff yourself. If you worry about getting hit a lot, then maybe your doing something wrong. And that proves my point even more.

A STEALTH SUIT that allows constant invisibility would prove helpful to Forces who (like you say) get hit a lot. That Def stat would be rendered even more useless with the item being used correctly...

And if you are planning on getting up close with a Force....then maybe you should learn to play better and make a class that actually is MEANT to get up close...

Yes, I have used Forces before, and I dont use them often. However, I do understand that Def is not a primary stat that they need. Evp is something they should focus on the most. If you play a Force that gets hit a lot, then your doing something wrong. You can heal, so I see no point in worrying about how much damage you take. And you can also buff yourself. If you worry about getting hit a lot, then maybe your doing something wrong. And that proves my point even more.

A STEALTH SUIT that allows constant invisibility would prove helpful to Forces who (like you say) get hit a lot. That Def stat would be rendered even more useless with the item being used correctly...

And if you are planning on getting up close with a Force....then maybe you should learn to play better and make a class that actually is MEANT to get up close...

rather keep it balanced and have it primarily a EVP armor otherwise it might as well be another wedding dress. In fiction where stealth is used, the ones with high defence and firepower are OVERPOWERED(like predator and ninja from metal gear solid) while the normal stealth ones are scouts and assassins. That's exactly what sinows are like and thats exactly how this armor should be like.

Adding a luck bonus would make the armor extremely unique since theres very few armors that give stat bonuses(and none that give luck)

Also, some def-based attacks are tough to avoid like in ep4 which is where forces do best. In that case they aren't point blank close that a rappy could hit em, they're around shot-range. Those enemies hit hard(especially the fucking birds). Therefore, ur "forces dont need defence" argument isnt very solid but thats besides the point.

The "stealth" effect is merely a visual effect and u arent really "invisible" except in pvp to stupid people with bad eyesight.

Forces who do less damage normally would do more damage with criticals

Rangers and hunters always benefit from criticals

successful evasion=0 damage which is better than reduced damage plus u dont get stun locked to death

Also, u dont have to push all ur ideas into a single item. We're trying to make every item usefull but not overpowered.

Edited by Scissors61

• 2 months later...

Those enemies hit hard(especially the fucking birds). Therefore, ur "forces dont need defence" argument isnt very solid but thats besides the point.

The "stealth" effect is merely a visual effect and u arent really "invisible" except in pvp to stupid people with bad eyesight.

successful evasion=0 damage which is better than reduced damage plus u dont get stun locked to death

Also, u dont have to push all ur ideas into a single item. We're trying to make every item usefull but not overpowered.

If the stealth feature worked like I suggested, you wouldnt worry about getting hit hard. You wouldn't get Hit at all. So the Forces still wouldn't need Defense. Also, im not trying to make it overpowered, im trying to make it more sought after.

So, scratch the Def boost and buff its Evp, Luck, and Resistances. And then we got what everyone pretty much wants.

If the stealth feature worked like I suggested, you wouldnt worry about getting hit hard. You wouldn't get Hit at all. So the Forces still wouldn't need Defense. Also, im not trying to make it overpowered, im trying to make it more sought after.

So, scratch the Def boost and buff its Evp, Luck, and Resistances. And then we got what everyone pretty much wants.

Well you would still get hit by bosses for the most part, but normal enemies would not be as hard to kill for a Force