Specials that I suspect kill fun

I've never been been accompanied by someone who demoned everything in front of me. It seems clear that too much destructive power will kill the fun of others.

But here's my question: what about demon? Is it a detestable special like hell and the 3 sacrificials (with charge being definitively the lamest). People ask for shifta so I may consider that they want to kill in aas few hits as possible...

But when you kill everything in one hit, what then? Maybe they find it fun 1) all the time 2) not past the first 5 minutes 3) frustrating

And I don't think asking people directly is the best way to know really. Rather they will say things like "it's fine". Please share your honest thoughts on the matter.

Well it's all part of the game, some weapons/special are better than others.

The sacrificials make it possible to kill indeed very fast, when used right, but you must also keep in mind that these specials have low accuracy and a price to pay (with meseta being the cheapest one since meseta's so easy to get and risking nothing).

Demon is great but not as destructive as you may expect.

It's true that it cuts enemy health to 1/4 but it misses alot, can be reduced on multihit weapons and above all, is not affected by buffs. Also, the lower the remaining health of the mob is, the less damage you do with it.

F ex.

A demon needle cannot kill (farily)strong mobs in one combo, unlike the sacrifical variant like the zerk needle. Ofcourse when not soloing, it becomes more deadly but even so...

I'll end with what I started : It's all part of the game, some weapons/special are better than others ^^

• Like 1

In my opinion when you get that strong in the game and have amazing gear and kill quickly I say you should try soloing

I am at the point to where not much of anything is hard for me to kill but when I solo it makes for a fair challenge. It takes far more skill then power to solo and even with the best gear it can not be easily done all the time for some quests. Try soloing RT sometime. You will find that VR Alpha will drive you crazy with the lillies. and gryphon soloing is a nightmare. Soloing any semi difficult quest would prove to be insanely hard without the help of others.

So if you get to the point to where you have gear like that, step up your game and try running alone a bit. It will give new life to the game :D

Note: I agree with chuk, most of those items named are good but have flaws. These items are mostly built for partying. They will not be as kind to you when you solo

Thank you but you have not understood what I'm asking. I want neither information ont how the specials work nor how to keep the game interesting for yourself when you become powerful. I already know that. As for some specials being better than others it is relative.

What I am actually asking here, is whether or not a lower level player is under the impression he would have more fun, should the higher level one stop using his crazy demon slicers or needles, etc. so he would have to kill in more hits. Any low level hucaseal (or any class lol) tired (or glad) of having once had a high lv player demon all the monsters every time, here?

ok i see your point in the the questoin but... i have one question .. your trying to give us and adivice to change something in the server ore just a open discussion chat?

i agree with shion kinda, like ppl who are new to the game and a high lvl joins and starts killing everything, the new guy is most likely not having fun cause he cant and isnt doing anything, sure some ppl might like it when a high lvl joins and can power lvl them but it kinda takes the experience you get as being a noob XD

i agree with shion kinda, like ppl who are new to the game and a high lvl joins and starts killing everything, the new guy is most likely not having fun cause he cant and isnt doing anything, sure some ppl might like it when a high lvl joins and can power lvl them but it kinda takes the experience you get as being a noob XD

I agree with you, most noobs want to learn about the game and level up on their own so they can figure things out. Helping hunt is one thing and they appreciate it since some items are very hard to get even with help. But plvling someone does take a lot of the fun out of the game. They mostly just follow you around and make sure to just get a hit on the boss so they get the exp. Sure someone might like it for a run and they like the help. But doing this for a person over and over makes things feel less fun.

I have had people ask me to "stop killing everything" or "please leave" because its boring for them. That is why I don't plvl anymore :P

Also on a side note giving free items to someone has the same effect. They get bored from people just giving them things instead of earning it. Even if their gear is crappy they still have more fun.

Theres alot of balance issues in the game but first ill give u my opinion of ur statement.

Demons and charge are cheap yea, but they are definitely necessary. Lots of quests and even sega created quests are incredibly difficult without utilizing some sort of hard hitting weapon namely charge AoE or mechs which deal tons of damage. For example, enemy spams and multiple tank enemies like dorphon. The problem is that when comparing certain specials to all the other reject specials theres evidently a imbalance within the game. Gush/Geist are inadequate on online modes. King is useless entirely. Burning/Tempest equation is retarded and blizzard has two different resists going against it. Therefore Arrest, Hell, Demon and Charge are the better specials.

Now heres my other argument. Lots of things besides the specials were imbalance on the game itself that no one really cared for.

One is character comparisons.<p>-We all know racaseal's stats do not make any sense and has the worst trap growth.(make their atp/dfp like ramar, ata and trap growth like racast or at the very least%2