Usefull S-ranks

chuk

S-ranks

smechgun.jpg

What are S-ranks?

S-rank weapons ( or short: S-ranks) are weapons on which you can add a special attack, which can turn theses items into real killer machines. These S-ranks can get a custom name (always capital letters) but no stats. Meaning all % of your weapon will be 0. Even without those additional %'s, they remain one of the best items you can get on PSO. S-ranks can be reduced or unreduced, depending on its weapon type.

How can I get those S-ranks?

There are 3 ways to get those on ultima :

• Through challenge mode, if you beat the challenge stages under a specific time (less than 7h for episode 1) you can claim an S-rank as a prize. However, not all S-ranks are available in each episode. (More info on the times here : http://www.pso-world...ticle&artid=687 )
  • Events, when trading naka cards to a GM you can obtain an S-rank of choice. (More info here : http://www.phantasys...k-weapon-event/ )
  • Donation, by supporting the server, you can get those at a price of 35 tickets.

Which S-ranks are there?

Attributes

What is an attribute?

An attribute or special, is an extra attack you can have on a weapon. These attacks usually have a lower chance of hitting the enemies, but they can be quite useful, depending the situation.

How do I add attributes?

GC Additional S-Rank Attributes

Once you successfully complete the East Tower Quest and fulfill the requirements, you will then be able to add the following attributes or weapon elements in Gallon's Shop by speaking to Hopkins in the quest and exchanging them for the required amount of photon drops listed below. From now on Pagani will always offer the S Weapon option.

Which attributes are there?

A-Rank (50 photon drops--Jellen and Zalure cost 60 on Blue Burst)

Arrest 80% paralysis success rate

Hell 93% instant death success rate

Demon's Reduces enemy HP to 1/4

Jellen Approximately at tech level 17

Zalure Approximately at tech level 33 (21 on Blue Burst)

B-Rank (40 photon drops)

Berserk Drains 1/4 HP and attack power doubled

Spirit Drains 1/4 TP and attack power doubled

King's Takes 16% of enemy EXP

Chaos 76% confusion success rate

Gush Drains 17% of enemy HP

Geist Refills 6% TP by draining enemy TP

C-Rank (30 photon drops -- HP and TP cost 20 on Blue Burst)

Burning Foie based attack at tech level 100+

Blizzard Barta based attack at tech level 100+ at 80% success ratio

Tempest Zonde based attack at tech level 100+

HP Recovery All except FOnewearl

TP Recovery All except FOnewearl

Notes

• Success % rates fluctuates slightly depending on difficulty
  • Swords, daggers & partisans: multiple/extra chances of success rate (3-6 attacks/button press)
  • Mechguns: 1/3 rate or 33.3% of max per bullet
  • Slicers & shots: 1/5 rate or 20% of max per bullet or projectile

Source info : http://www.pso-world.com/

Some S-rank weapon testing :

1 to 5 * with ***** being extremely good and * rather bad. (also this is based on my opinion due various testing, here on ultima).

Not including C-rank specials since those are not really worth getting imo.

The S-RANK NEEDLE

Hands down, the most useful S-rank of all. Here's a list of the best specials on it :

• Arrest **
  • Hell ****
  • Demon's ***
  • Jellen **
  • Zalure ***
  • Berserk *****
  • Spirit **
  • King's *
  • Chaos *
  • Gush ***
  • Geist ***

- Next weapons in progress -

Leave your opinions/remarks in this topic.

• Like 7

Great guide, chuk. Also, why do most people that get s-ranks in this server tend to go with the zerk special? I wouldn't care if they didn't zerk every time in team games. Usually, you only zerk bosses or mini bosses because having to resta every second isn't much fun if you're a force - not to mention it gets expensive.

Edited by subbie

Great guide, chuk. Also, why do most people that get s-ranks in this server tend to go with the zerk special? I wouldn't care if they didn't zerk every time in team games. Usually, you only zerk bosses or mini bosses because having to resta every second isn't much fun if you're a force - not to mention it gets expensive.

Zerk is great as it makes you able to hit very high amounts of damage. But zerking is also a risk, walking around with 3 hp between ferocious monsters can be tricky at times. You don't need to heal them, or at least, not all the time. The amount of hp you have has no influence on the damage you deal with it. And also at 3 hp, zerk doesn't use anymore health and still deals the same big damage.

To reduce the risk, you can of course heal them after every blow, but it might be cheaper to let the zerker handle himself, and when he eventually dies, cast a reverser and buffs ( some resta's TP cost > reverser + buff TP cost). Or a solferino, wich is free resta :D

yeah nice guide Chuk

i like use zerk, demon (specialy with hunewearl, ramarl and all fo characterl) and hell with human

and arrest, zalure, and chaos for cast, i prefer use charge weapon for cast,, its less dangerous xD (but little hax in ultima server with mesetas glitch xD)

also, hell is good for cast too, I found no real difference compared to the human

I think, the best srank is in my opinion :

-needle (especially for all Ranger)

-shot (especially for all Ranger)

-mechgun (especially for all Ranger,all Hunter, Fonewn and Fonewearl)

-scythe (for all Class except Hunter)

-sword (especially for all Hunter)

-twin (for all Class except Fonewearl)

-gun (especially for all Hunter)

-j-cutter/slicer (especially for all Force (except Fonewearl) and all Hunter)

Edited by Vazerty

• 1 month later...