Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

gl with that.

You'd have a better chance of things being considered if you suggested sensible things like:

5x Experience
1.0x Drop Rate

Level 40-79:
4x Experience
1.1x Drop Rate

Level 80-119:
3x Experience
1.2x Drop Rate

Level 120-159:
2x Eperience
1.3x Drop Rate

Level 160-200
1x Experience
1.4x Drop Rate

Edited by Lee
  • Like 1

Minor.....

Let "/lobby" work without been in a quest...

Also is it possible to have the option to go back to the character selection screen without exiting the game?

• 2 weeks later...

Increase the maximum level to 222. Grant +1 to each stat for levels beyond 200, and increase the stat maximum by 22 for ATP, DFP, MND, EVP. Grant +1 ATA at level 211 and 222 for a total of +2. Just require the same experience needed for level 199 to 200.

Have to do the increase of +22/+2 as to not mess up completed character material usuage.

Could even add in the droprate bonus, every 5 levels:

201 +.1%

206 +.2%

211 +.3%

216 +.4%

222 +.5%

How would the droprate change affect other players? Would it be only for the person getting the killshot or everyone in the party?

Either way players would have fun with their level 200-222 completed characters.

• 4 weeks later...

Why not a photon type drop or make something to add hit to weapons.

I've thought about this recently for elsewhere actually, to give photon crystals a decent use.

Sort of like a use item that could add hit to the equipped weapon with a high chance to fail and say only add max 5% at a time or something, i was thinking of basically morphing photon crystals to fill this role since elsewhere we have nuked their use. Wouldn't be hard to do anyway since the server would do most of it.

I started thinking about this after moving here to this awesome server from schthack and running into the increased rare enemy spawn rates. It felt awesome to get tons of hildeblues and beefy al rappies mixed in with the regulars. I got to thinking about an idea. This might be impossible but it seemed the appropriate topic so I'll just post it here:

Is it at all possible to MERGE the enemy groups from ver1 and ver2 into a single enemy set? Ultimate enemies as the rares and uncommons to their normal counterparts, with adjusted stats for balance , but keeping their increased attack speed and special abilities. (extend it into ultimate maybe so that you still get to fight a giant set of enemies) Also, making the ultimate bosses for dragon, de rol le, and vol op be rare bosses, like saintmilion, that can spawn on any level (maybe let sil dragon also spawn for gol dragon as a rare boss?)

So for the rare enemies, it'd be really cool because it would REALLY spice up all those old levels to just have a ton of enemy variety. the ver2 enemies could maintain their speed from ultimate but have proper attack/resistence for the difficulty level you're on. It would be so incredibly awesome to be able to fight all 4 bear family at once, or having all 5 kinds of rappies spawning. caves might actually be interesting if it had all those extra enemy spawns (maybe the megid lilies would need to be low hp to be fair on normal?)

But yeah, would that work? Would it be possible to combine ver1 and ver2 enemies into a single spawn group? It would be pretty interesting at least, and make forest-ruins and vr stages really interesting. It's basically how Episode 4 is since that enemy set is just FULL of rares and uncommon enemies. Ex: Hildebear=Common Hildelt=Uncommon Hildeblue=Rare Hildetor=Super Rare *it would add a ton of variety, especially missions that flood you with Hildebears. its already awesome to get so many blues mixed in, mix in the other 2 and just imagine how much fun that'd be)

Edited by jackelbeaver
  • Like 1

Allow players to enter parties that have already started missions/quests. I know a certain GM does it without issues all the time. I think players can benefit from this feature.

REASONS:

• This would encourage people to play a wider variety of missions. This game is based on team cooperation, but forming groups for playing some of the tough missions is a real chore. By allowing players to jump-in mid mission, it would alleviate this problem.
  • Allows easier grouping of players. Often there are open parties with vacant spots, but many are in the middle of a mission, preventing others from joining. Allowing players to join mid-mission, we can form larger parties with ease. I think forming larger parties easier would further encourage people to play other missions than RT / TTF to tackle some of the tough missions where teamwork is necessary.

I think this simple feature alone could make the game so much more fun!

Edited by Nessly

The ability to set exp boost would be interesting. Whether you want regular exp or the 3x. I was just doing the forest quests on a new character and i hit 21 by the time i got to dragon, which is what level you usually are when you beat DARK FALZ :P

The first mop up quest for ep4 has a typo in the title, and Point of Disaster is in the Ultima category rather than the Event category (IIRC, it was an official Sega quest, wasnt it?)

Allow players to enter parties that have already started missions/quests. I know a certain GM does it without issues all the time.

There are issues though. Huge issues.

The person joining will have a clean quest, causing a huge desynch issue. Even GMs should avoid doing this unless they really have a reason to get in that room.

• Like 2

+ it can mess up timed quests for the other players, for example it can reset the ttf clock to 59999 or something on completion, this can be annoying if people are trying to aquire the min / max items. I think rt also has this problem.

• Like 1

Would it be possible to make some of the online only quests available as Downloadable Quests for the GCN version of PSO 1&2 Plus?

It would be awesome to have PERMANENT playable quests of Blue Star Memories and Gallon's Shop available for Offline Play. I like Ep3 and it would be great to have that quest forever, as well as an offline way to make use of photon items.

Having offline DLC versions of all the quests would be great for archival purposes. I'd be able to download those, and then in 10 years I'd still have them, even if the private server scene is no longer arround in the distant future. Stuff like the Maracas, tinkerbell's dog, gallon's plan....basically all the quests that arent available anymore without connecting to a server would be nice to have archived to memory card download. it'd be awesome to be able to play those any time.

Maybe even throw in the ones that are usually multiplayer but completable singleplayer? (TTF, Lost Heat Sword, Phantasmal World) just for extra offline play options.

Edited by jackelbeaver
  • Like 1

There are issues though. Huge issues.

The person joining will have a clean quest, causing a huge desynch issue. Even GMs should avoid doing this unless they really have a reason to get in that room.

An example of this : all the doors to progress in the quest are locked for the GM, so if you put a pipe in the hall you simply can't progress from there. As for the timer, it mostly screws it up for the one joining the quest, normally the other players won't notice anything unusual.