Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

1 minute ago, R-78 said:

Too bad I've already maxed DFP so I had only 20 extra mats for MST with a 1 centurion/ability plan. Using a centurion/mind I'm 3 points from 900 MST ><

Didn't know about hunewearl though. Easier to equip on her then.

You can always reset your materials for free, there is even a command for it now.

I know but don't want to waste the 250 mats already used (about 75 PDs worth). Plus I like to max def, and I doubt a zalure boost is worth all of that. Thank you anyway

Edited by R-78

Would it be possible to have a /record command ?

This would generate a quest log (only accessible by GMs or linked to the website so that people can check on it) very detailed with :

• Each players character, level, stuff
  • The starting and ending time of the quest
  • The number of deaths.

uh... if it was only accessible for GMs what would be the point of it?

I have planned some stuff for quest timing but atm I can't.
Number of deaths... Idk if I want to do such a thing
Why that stuff about the character information? ... that's already in the client and everyone can see it.

Once again, I failed ^^

I meant a log that would not be altered by players, something reliable. I just don't know how to explain it because I don't know what's doable or not on that matter.

Would it be possible by example to have a topic on the forum or a page on the website that would receive automatically the logs send by the /record command. Something that does not depend on the user, since a user could altered it in many ways.

It would be used for time attacks and events as a proof.

The number of death is really optional, but the time is important. Also stuff/level informations would be cool.

It would be something quite short like :

Quest : Toward the Future
Date : 20/10/2016
Time start : 20:23
Time end : 20:41
Guildcard : 42155051
Name : Imosgid
Class : Hunewearl
Level : 200
Equipment :
Bamboo Spear 0/0/0/0
Graviton Plate 4 slots
Monomate x8
Mesetas x123456

I don't think is feasible to output that information on the website or forum.
I don't think is good to export the inventory either, I was thinking of doing something to export it like the inventory/bank reader does but I don't know if I want to.

I could probably make something to send this to the client and have it write it on a text file but then the player will be able to modify it....

What I said about timing quests, was to have the timer, like in timed quests appear and run but I think it will be better to just have it server side, you won't be able to see the timer during the quest, but as soon as the quest finishes (somehow) have the ship stop and report the time.

The text file could be send on the server instead of the client. Then a GM or moderator could gather them and post them if he has time once in a while or if someone ask for a particular log ^^

(Buuuut... asking the ship to report the log on the forum or website is totally doable by using a restful api. Which you cannot do atm, but I can help you implement it when/if you revamp the whole website from the ground up)

As for now, if it's just too bothersome or would eat up too much time, just ignore it without second thought. I don't want to add unjustified extra work to anyone.

Definitely I won't have GMs gathering those files.

It doesn't even need a restful api, I can just maybe parse the files expecting certain filenames etc.. but I do not want to do that restful api or not, it just doesn't belong to the website.

10 minutes ago, Night said:

What about if such a command will make a screen with a time on it when you finish the quest? That would be harder to edit xp

I guess I can technically use the window in the middle of the screen since at that point you'd be in a quest and people won't be able to join anyway (remember that if the window has been shown, people hang in the process of joining a room).

If I were to do this, I'd do one of these

- Use the message window in game. Players can still modify it ... GIMP is a thing.

- A feed in the forum, but runs probably wont be kept forever, and you have to look at the run info yourself.

- A feed but in a different way, I plan to add a way to show players online, this list of players could show the information on their room, but it wouldn't have the other players of the room (since it would be a list of players in the first place), and you have to look at the run info yourself.

- Store the info in the database, this is by far the best way to do it since it means we can store and work with the information easily but I don't like the idea of putting such an amount of information in the database that will basically be useless.

Database can be cleaned if needed. If you use a cron you can clean it like every week. If you cannot use a cron then yes the database will keep growing and that's no good considering the type of info.

Anyway all of those looks like fine ideas ! If you can pick the one that you like the more and which is the easiest for you, that's all good =D if not then dw

Just throwing it up there, but the 'quest timer' is run via quest script, and is implemented differently on every quest.

If you want overall 'game time' (time since the quest has been loaded to 'quest completion') you can record the time from R0 to R255/R253 being set, but this is kinda weird since most of Sega's time attack quests set R255 after the timer has stopped.

Remember what I told you about using custom code in the DLL to call the quest opcodes?
I shouldn't really need anything from the client, I could even preserve whatever values are in the registers when I do my own stuff... but definitely something server side would be pretty nice, so I don't have to dig into the client for it...

Any chance of events that allow players to add hit up to 100 to non-rare weapons? Doesn't seem like it would really make DF/DM more OP, would just give Arrest/Hell Raygun or Laser, Charge Vulcan, Rainbow Baton players the ability to get some more hit. Admittedly I am just being selfish because I want 100 hit Charge Assaults (blue photon ftw) but they have 9 less ata than Vulcs and 17 less than TypeME/Mechs