Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

Scape dolls to maybe 3?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Scape dolls to maybe 3?

Atleast stack in bank would be cool and stack to maybe 3 on player

1 hour ago, O9B066 said:

Scape dolls to maybe 3?
Atleast stack in bank would be cool and stack to maybe 3 on player

Items stack the same in inv and bank, and scapes are meant to disappear once used... I don't think this is a good idea, telepipes maybe but that'd be Larva's decision, if Saith wants to say something on that?

And to remind everyone
Presents will end up being non stackable because they cause quite a bunch of disconnections when you forgot you didn't have enough space and get several different items.

Maybe we can move this kind of stuff out of the inventory, actually, given the way they work, I can just put presents into a different variable somewhere that is all tracked server side and when you open one, the server decides if it will actually open based on your inventory count... that seems like a nice change... but making the game presents useless wouldn't be too nice, I suppose.

@Kikori that sounds like a nice idea but the problem as discussed before....
HH at very specific times: People would just wait for that specific time, no good.
HH based on player count, activity, etc: HH would be biased.
HH at random: is kinda the best way cuz it would not be biased... I suppose.

I think we can maybe come up with a mix of these, I know saith also likes to have control of HH because it's actually nice to do stuff when there is a mini event or similar.

If maybe I can come up with some nice solution involving all these... but the problem is that C is a PIA to work on so I really want to work this in C#, in Aselia, but I haven't had much time to work on it specifically.

• Like 3

Random still runs the risk of being unused. Biased would at least align with useful times. I'd personally stand by activity-based because even low activity periods with a chance of triggering it would still see it trigger from time to time, and it does make sense to have it happen when the most people are on to benefit from it.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

• 2 weeks later...

Set the drops to how they were during the Zelda event so the game feels rewarding to play.

Or at least remove the "no drop" chance for high tier bosses like Falz. 

I don't think this is possible to do, but maybe some kind of "heal block" option to check in the launcher. Something to keep Excal users from being healed by anyone except themselves. That'd cut back on the number of times I've had a user quit in the middle of the run because they were in heal range and I was trying to keep the whole party alive.

Edited by Glitchesarecool

26 minutes ago, Glitchesarecool said:

Set the drops to how they were during the Zelda event so the game feels rewarding to play.

Or at least remove the "no drop" chance for high tier bosses like Falz. 

I don't think this is possible to do, but maybe some kind of "heal block" option to check in the launcher. Something to keep Excal users from being healed by anyone except themselves. That'd cut back on the number of times I've had a user quit in the middle of the run because they were in heal range and I was trying to keep the whole party alive.

Again another person complaining about the drops during the anniversary event.   This has been addresses in 3 other threads,  there is not a DAR  issue and the drop rates are where they should be cause of the rarity of the items dropping.    If your referring to the STA"  drop rate, then you are preaching to the choir on this one as this is the best armor in the game.   This armor should not be a easy drop as some of the items were in the Tri-force event you quoted.    The STA drop rate is lower this year than the past 3 years and lots of them have dropped this year already.   2 years ago there was only like 10 that dropped during the event.    I understand that it sucks hunting for hours on end and not having anything drop but unfortunately thats how the game works.   Its the thrill of the hunt that makes hunting fun,  this means you have a change to find an item but unfortunately there is no guarantee.   

Pertaining to the user complaining about you healing them,  thats just BS as if they wanted to play in a group party and they should be prepared to deal with this kinda of stuff because there are more than just them in the party :)  Good forces are hard to find compared to salty DF // Zerk special item users.    Dont get me wrong if you are a gosu force then you understand the range of your resta blast radius and know how to position yourself just right to avoid healing the these types of users and hitting the rest of the group :) .  

3 minutes ago, Virec said:

Pertaining to the user complaining about you healing them,  thats just BS as if they wanted to play in a group party and they should be prepared to deal with this kinda of stuff because there are more than just them in the party :)  Good forces are hard to find compared to salty DF // Zerk special item users.    Dont get me wrong if you are a gosu force then you understand the range of your resta blast radius and know how to position yourself just right to avoid healing the these types of users and hitting the rest of the group :) .  

There are certain rooms where's it's just impossible to avoid healing them (like Volt's boss room). I've just been running into that issue more than once during this event and it's very frustrating as it leaves us a person down for the very last stretch of the run.

46 minutes ago, Glitchesarecool said:

There are certain rooms where's it's just impossible to avoid healing them (like Volt's boss room). I've just been running into that issue more than once during this event and it's very frustrating as it leaves us a person down for the very last stretch of the run.

It's possible to self-cast resta on yourself only, and even then a fo should be carrying trimates regardless for emergency purposes. You can do something to drop targeting (such as being knocked to the ground, weapon recovery, or other such things) and then quickcast resta from the tech menu. If using gizonde trick on vol opt 1 it's not really a problem though, as the hu can zerk on the screens during the explosion cutscene to phase 2 to drop back down to df hp, or just use a quick braveman at the start of phase 2. I've not seen anyone ragequit from resta in quite some time, people like that not worth playing with. It can be a little annoying to be healed after you took the effort to setup for df, but you gotta just deal with it and start using other appropriate weapons if need be, whether it's zerk weapons or vjaya or mechs or whatever.

35mp2ww.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/12/2017 at 5:04 PM, Soly said:

About that, I think I already changed that so the no drops don't happen.

Still happens with any boss

Esto sigue sucediendo con cualquier jefe.

• Like 1

@Soly 

Why have not the "event items" been released in the drop table?

It seems like they do not want us to see them.

Por que no han liberado los item de este evento en la lista de la tabla de drops?

pareciera que no quieren que pudiéramos verlas

que no se supone el evento ya termina hoy?

• Like 1

Maybe there should be a "ticket" kind of thing on every run for an event, like the Weapon Badges for the Mag event, where we could at least have a shot at rare stuff if we haven't had the luck. Make it the common drop on the end bosses. Hunted exclusively STA and not getting it makes the whole event feel like a waste.

From my experience in Warframe and other online games, having some kind of progression thing that is always gained results in better player experience. There was a recent Warframe event where we gained a certain number of points per completion of a run, and these points were what we traded in to get rewards (and some event-only items). So even if the runs didn't give you something good, they would add up to something in the end.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Glitchesarecool said:

Maybe there should be a "ticket" kind of thing on every run for an event, like the Weapon Badges for the Mag event, where we could at least have a shot at rare stuff if we haven't had the luck. Make it the common drop on the end bosses. Hunted exclusively STA and not getting it makes the whole event feel like a waste.

From my experience in Warframe and other online games, having some kind of progression thing that is always gained results in better player experience. There was a recent Warframe event where we gained a certain number of points per completion of a run, and these points were what we traded in to get rewards (and some event-only items). So even if the runs didn't give you something good, they would add up to something in the end.

It's a great idea, this birthday event is very tiring and tedious.