Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

HH auto on,

Set requirement to a head count ( as to be fair worldwide )  60 people?

through isp address so quad logging etc would still count as 1 , 1 per household

And set a limit to once every 12 hours?

Just a quick thought^,  questions about happyhour take up 5%+ of daily shoutbox chat legitimately 

A friend was complaining about hh ( u know who u are) about how there wasn't a set time for it or enough of them then he asked how it could ever be fixed fairly, this was the best I could think of.

Wouldn't be country biased, would still be limited to prevent major market issues , and would feel like a continous event for when no server event is active ,  plus would alleviate some pressure on gms.

Survey? Please post thoughts

Edited by CannaBeast

33 minutes ago, CannaBeast said:

HH auto on,

Set requirement to a head count ( as to be fair worldwide )  60 people?

through isp address so quad logging etc would still count as 1 , 1 per household

And set a limit to once every 12 hours?

Just a quick thought^,  questions about happyhour take up 5%+ of daily shoutbox chat legitimately 

A friend was complaining about hh ( u know who u are) about how there wasn't a set time for it or enough of them then he asked how it could ever be fixed fairly, this was the best I could think of.

Wouldn't be country biased, would still be limited to prevent major market issues , and would feel like a continous event for when no server event is active ,  plus would alleviate some pressure on gms.

Survey? Please post thoughts

It would def be country biased. It's not so easy to get 60+ people at eu and jp hours always. And even then, this will end up making hh even more frustrating than normal, because it can't get put on as minievent rewards, it will always be on as early as possible, and anyone that can only play late evenings will complain. Also, HH is only supposed to be a few times per week, not twice per day. Y'all are getting really spoiled (12 hour limit haha). We try to put HH at peak times mostly, but also some varying other times so everyone can have some, but it's not something you should even expect regularly, it's a privilege extra thing, not something people are entitled to all the time.

Edited by Fyrewolf5
  • Dislike 1

Oh don't get me wrong , I'm neutral on the topic that and I actually like the way it is but I like the "fyre" ,this was to show they're can't be a set time and that hh is like you said a privilege. I should edit in the rest of the convo

He asked if making auto hh was plausible , and could it ever be "fair"

I said you could get close^ but happy hour isn't suppose to be "more frequent" 

I shouldn't post on a night off ,after whiskey and steak dinner 😅

Edited by CannaBeast

On 10/10/2017 at 5:32 PM, O9B066 said:

Orgo left jade misecrombre and the list goes on why? Ask them economy reasons.

I assume that I am misecrombre ? Ð:

If so, I can tell you that I didn't left for economy reasons. Ultima is a great server and I still like it / play once in a while. It's just that I am a bit tired of pso in general, and I have seen it all here on Ultima. So I have almost no interest left here (except when a cool new weapon is made ^^" I just like to collect).

Also, this all "event drop only" does not fit at all with my lifestyle. And I strongly suspect that it is the case for a lot of people, since well... we have life don't we ?

If one big change were to happen here on Ultima, it would be to put all interesting items all year around. I mean, you can still put all those "Magazine" and other toys for event. But even so, I'd let them drop with insane % (since that would barely made them more useful anyway). Of course it would fixed economy on the long term, but who care about that, it would just cut a lot of pressure on the players and make the game more enjoyable overall.

Events to me should be about ambiance, a global festy vibe, perhaps some better drop rate on some particular items, or mixing up drop in the table, or something a bit original !

It is sad to say, but adding new items which are barely balanced / useful is not something original to do. It is a complicated process that become even harder when the server grows and get even more new items.

Are they really spoiled? And what about you? You active hh after midnight when there are 20 players including you to play (Maybe not always, but you have done it a lot).

You can have hh but not others? :( When in the afternoon there are 80 players waiting for them.  So the best idea is to put it when there are fewer people I suppose. And the HH does not have to be 3 per day.   But then they must be activated when there are more people in the game so that at least more people find some strange item.

Not when there are only 20 people who are sure half of them are already asleep and only have the character stopped without doing anything. And hh are part of this server, is one of the attractions of this. If this server did not have HH, he would probably have half the people he has now.

Because to play in a regular way there are more servers and we would not have to be in this one.

This game was invented when no other massive online game existed (at least the first one to work perfectly for what I've read). But that was more than 16 years ago, today there are thousands of games of this type.

You can not expect people to invest 10-12 hours a day to find items. Worse still, when it comes to an event where they only give you 2-3 weeks to play it.

If you have the freedom to live here in the game, that's fine. But you must also understand that not everyone has the same freedom of time.

As I said, the hh do not have to be 2 times a day or every day (although perhaps it should with the few "drops" of the bosses are so low). But if that is the case, then at least they should be activated when there are more people so that there may be more items hanging around the server (as now in this event). Because activate them when there are only 15-22 people, and half of them are asleep. ... honestly it's as if those HH had never been activated (they did not exist)

Edited by Ana G.5
  • Like 2
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Ana G.5 said:

Are they really spoiled? And what about you? You active hh after midnight when there are 20 players including you to play (Maybe not always, but you have done it a lot).

You can have hh but not others? :( When in the afternoon there are 80 players waiting for them.  So the best idea is to put it when there are fewer people I suppose. And the HH does not have to be 3 per day.   But then they must be activated when there are more people in the game so that at least more people find some strange item.

Not when there are only 20 people who are sure half of them are already asleep and only have the character stopped without doing anything. And hh are part of this server, is one of the attractions of this. If this server did not have HH, he would probably have half the people he has now.

Because to play in a regular way there are more servers and we would not have to be in this one.

This game was invented when no other massive online game existed (at least the first one to work perfectly for what I've read). But that was more than 16 years ago, today there are thousands of games of this type.

You can not expect people to invest 10-12 hours a day to find items. Worse still, when it comes to an event where they only give you 2-3 weeks to play it.

If you have the freedom to live here in the game, that's fine. But you must also understand that not everyone has the same freedom of time.

As I said, the hh do not have to be 2 times a day or every day (although perhaps it should with the few "drops" of the bosses are so low). But if that is the case, then at least they should be activated when there are more people so that there may be more items hanging around the server (as now in this event). Because activate them when there are only 15-22 people, and half of them are asleep. ... honestly it's as if those HH had never been activated (they did not exist)

I think you're wayyyyyy out of it here imo. HH is an extra thing. It's like a present. Shouldn't happen just all the time. Also again you bring up your time issue. If you do not have time to plug into this game then of course it's going to be hard. It seems you want this game to be easier to fit YOUR needs. 

Edited by Colorado Wilson
  • Dislike 8

1 hour ago, Ana G.5 said:

I have only actually been playing for maybe 1 of the 20 hh lately(this isn't an exaggeration). Sometimes I do put it on while I am playing, but not often. If I'm putting it on in early morning or late night est, it's meant as a hh for players outside the western hemisphere then. Most hh are more geared towards est time (i.e. peak hours), but at least some should come on at times good for people in eu or sea/jp. I think I've been pretty generous with most of the item rates I've done so they're obtainable even without HH for people that have work schedules. Drops aren't meant to be free, but I have not done any that require 10hrs/day for 2+ weeks for reasonable chance, that goes well beyond my metrics severallfold.

Edited by Fyrewolf5
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 3

Maybe it'd be better to have it so that if there hasnt been a HH within a 20-24 hr timespan and the population reaches a certain threshold and sustains it for a while, it'll activate.

Here's an example of when it'd activate:

1. There hasn't been an automatic (or manual?) HH in X hours
  2. There's over people online. This meets a set threshold.
  3. If population is sustained above that threshold for Z hours, HH activates

Either way, I don't know about you guys but as soon as I see a HH notification pop up, I log the fuck on and farm away. I'm sure a lot of other people think the same thing. HH = more people playing

Edited by Exotic
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Exotic said:

Maybe it'd be better to have it so that if there hasnt been a HH within a 20-24 hr timespan and the population reaches a certain threshold and sustains it for a while, it'll activate.

Either way, I don't know about you guys but as soon as I see a HH notification pop up, I log the fuck on and farm away. I'm sure a lot of other people think the same thing. HH = more people playing

thankyou, this is what i wanted, constructive post about  (how it would be done). 

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, Exotic said:

23 minutes ago, CannaBeast said:

thankyou, this is what i wanted, constructive post about  (how it would be done). 

I agree.

• Like 2

Imo if HH had to be automatic and randomized, it should definitely not depend on the number of people online ...

Most people on Ultima live in the US timezones, so those people would be priviledged while minorities (Europe/Asia ...) would get no HH as they can only log during the supposed "sleeping time" when very few people are playing.

I would rather see something like that :

- Each hour (at 0 minute) there is a chance for HH to be automatically enabled

- The odds are very low after each HH's end, but increase little by little with time until the next HH starts

- HH cannot be activated twice at the same hour in the same week

That way, everybody will get HH in average, several HH in a row is still possible but very rare, and the longer there is no HH the more likely there will be one.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, R-78 said:

Imo if HH had to be automatic and randomized, it should definitely not depend on the number of people online ...

Most people on Ultima live in the US timezones, so those people would be priviledged while minorities (Europe/Asia ...) would get no HH as they can only log during the supposed "sleeping time" when very few people are playing.

I would rather see something like that :

- Each hour (at 0 minute) there is a chance for HH to be automatically enabled

- The odds are very low after each HH's end, but increase little by little with time until the next HH starts

- HH cannot be activated twice at the same hour in the same week

That way, everybody will get HH in average, several HH in a row is still possible but very rare, and the longer there is no HH the more likely there will be one.

While I agree with you that perhaps basing it on population alone has its issues, I feel like with the system you've posted here could also lead to some unintended side effects. Things like having multiple back to back HHs when no one is online or not getting HH for an extended period of time because the "dice roll" for HH fails even with a high chance (though it'd eventually hit, given the right parameters)

I mentioned population as being a variable for an Automatic HH to cover the situation where there hasn't been one for a set amount of time (like a "fall back" HH, if that makes sense). In other words, if no manual HHs or other randomized HHs have been triggered in a certain amount of time, you'll always have that guaranteed one that follows the parameters i mentioned. I wanna cover that base so we don't end up a situation where there hasn't been one in like over 5 days or something.

You're right about all automatic HHs shouldn't be based around population alone. Maybe we can come up with something better? I feel like we're getting closer to something that'd work for everyone.

• Like 1

Full randomized is the only fair way. Population would make it even worse. As mentioned, most people playing, life in USA. If you activate HH in the evening of US time, while most people play, its early morning in other Countries around the World. In GMT+1 the HH very often starts around 1 in the morning and lasts till 4 in the morning. In this time, the most Players have to sleep. In SEA/JP it would be some Time while most people have to Work. Is that fair for players in these Countries? US players have the most benefit of the HH and no real reason to complain about that. I dont want the HH to be more often at all. It only should get randomized, so that all players have the same chance to play while HH.

Edited by _Kane_

1 hour ago, _Kane_ said:

Full randomized is the only fair way. Population would make it even worse. As mentioned, most people playing, life in USA. If you activate HH in the evening of US time, while most people play, its early morning in other Countries around the World. In GMT+1 the HH very often starts around 1 in the morning and lasts till 4 in the morning. In this time, the most Players have to sleep. In SEA/JP it would be some Time while most people have to Work. Is that fair for players in these Countries? US players have the most benefit of the HH and no real reason to complain about that. I dont want the HH to be more often at all. It only should get randomized, so that all players have the same chance to play while HH.

So becase i am usa i should it it less is that what your say  not are fault we are on a diifent time zone.

There no way to realy make any side happy becase of time diffent  time zone just give one to us at peak hours and on to japan ero etc  at there peak hours 

And i allway miss hh and i am usa pst 

• Dislike 1

Is it that hard to understand? I did say SAME chance for all Player. Not less for anybody.

If you "always" miss the HappyHour, your chance to have a HH while playing will be getting higher because of randomizing. 

Why shouldnt it make all sides Happy by getting the same Chance? Just because some people fear to have less HappyHours? Thats only selfish and not fair at all.