Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

i think there shouldnt no be more changes to ultima in exp wise..just more new mission and weapon ..the server is already balance why change it..this server not like eden or scht ..i play at alot of diffrent server, but i started here first ofc it a small community but i made alot of friends that love this game...

You seem to be missing the point Kom or you just misunderstood. I have some main points to raise from my suggestion. First would be self sufficiency. If anything, people need to learn how to get shit done on their own , not lobby spam to get people to join. Solo quests make it easier for people to achieve on their own. When you say quests are meant to be done as a team , you can solo pretty much every quest with the exception being RoW , DMD , and perhaps ROCT. You would be surprised what people could do in solo mode. Most notably is TA.(You could YouTube solo TA videos for better reference.) Proof that very little quests require team play for completion. Another thing you are not considering is player skill. I face palm when I get a RA tech abusing fo in my runs causing unneeded DMC. The irony is that with players like that , it would take longer in multi than you would solo at least more than half the time. Not a lot of players here got speed running skills or proper playing. Aside from that , there is a subliminal difference in enemy stats solo-multi mode from vhard to normal. If people wanted to level , they would go to crack mode and do as they please , but when they reach Ultimate , shit hits the fan due to low level and insufficient gear. This means solo mode should be utilized mainly in Ultimate. There are other quests aside from TTF and RT. Those two quests in terms of difficulty are a complete joke. I'm talking more varied quests such as the max attack series. The quests require more skill to complete in a short time frame and some classes are not actually able to complete it in multi mode alone. PTS and DMD are extremely difficult quests when your soloing. Even with endgame gear , it isn't as easy as you think. Good gear and level does not mean easy questing, there is a ability factor. People are not just gonna suddenly join the solo bandwagon and forget team play all together. You could probably lump solo'ers into a player demographic here , with them being the minority and the minority can not affect the majority in any form. tldr , there will always be people who want to play with others but for those who prefer to go lone wolf , why not give them the environment to do so? Little something for everyone no?

P.S- I wrote this in a rush so tread lightly :) and take with a grain of salt

Some quests are clearly impossible to finish in multimode solo ( no matter how experienced and fully equipped you are ), i think mainly about : mop up3 ( ep1 ), mop up5 ( ep4 ), realms of war, ma4DMD ( it is maybe possible with much practice in fact ), raid on central tower, maximum attack S, maximum attack 4 stage C ( ep2 ) at least these are absolutely impossible to clear alone for most people.

I agree with most of what has been said but bringing back solomode playable for main quests would be a really bad idea in my opinion, it would just push lot of peoples to play alone and psoBB online is based on the fun you have by playing and talking/sharing stuff with others..... i mean look at the room already : most of them are locked or it is always RT/TTF room while there are easily 30+ interesting quests to play in that game..... it's really sad to limit tis game this way ....

And since you was talking about experience and skills tweek, it is just better to leave things the way they are then....because multimode solo is clearly more interesting than boring solomode ( skill wise )

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

5 pd buy in poker tournament would be the best thing ever. Also, more missions would be amazing.

• 3 months later...

Would it be possible to add a new set of items called anti-materials?

Essentially, I've had a few 'OOPS' moments when I've been holding onto certain materials in my inventory, mostly defense mats, and I tried to use a dimate and accidentally used the material that was meant to go in my bank.

I was thinking that it would be cool if there was a rare item called an anti-defense material (and anti-power, anti-mind... etc) that I could use to remove one defense material for my overall count and would also properly lower my defense stat.

Also, I really enjoy playing on this server and being a programmer, I was wondering if I could help with any server development.

Much can be said about how to improve this server potential and everything else wise. A statement I made before ingame is the "force" of 2 player game modes. I despise having to rely on somebody just to start a game and let alone need an ally just to get <insert item>. And come to find out that if they disconnect, you gotta start all over again... Yea Im looking at you Challenge Mode. If it is a way to remove the 2 player requirement and make it a One player Challenge mode would be nice. just give me more Scapes. Another statement is the quests. A lot can be said about these new quests as in MA4DMD, MAX S, or ROCT. These quest are mainly for multiplayer. How about some Single Player quests for each Episodes? Crysis is ok even though I cannot get heads or tails on the language (I dont speak espanol). New quests that give you a reward at the end that you can only get 1 per character/account and dont have to require an ally just to get <insert item>. My 2 cents...

• Like 1

I believe that a good idea would be like that of Phantasy Star 0 which my son plays all the time, the idea i am talking about is a server bank. Anyone can take out what then need. I figure that there would have to be some kind of shared key between the person that put the item into the bank and the person that took it out to make it fair.

The older game executable files are a bit buggy to update. I suggest updating the binaries that get downloaded to the newer version. I bet a lot of people get fed up with the game not working correctly and give up and never play. For the sake of getting new players, I think updating the download page would be a big help.

A nice solution will be update only the newest loader file to mediafire for example.

If you need the file i can upload it for you.

Edited by Guido Palau

A nice solution will be update only the newest loader file to mediafire for example.

If you need the file i can upload it for you.

No I have my game installed, and I've walked three people through the process, but I myself was very close to giving up after it gave me trouble when I did it myself for the first time. This isn't for my benefit, but for the sake of people new to the game, and people who might not care enough to fiddle around with the updates. A change like this could help gather new members who would otherwise choose not to play the game due to it being difficult to install.

Also, as I said in an earlier post, I'm a programmer that loves this game, so please let me know if I can do anything to help. I'd really love to contribute to the game and community.

• 1 month later...