Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

My ideas :

- remove buggued exp of boss in ep2 ( lv 1 to 200 in some days seriously lol ? ).

- make ep1 and ep4 harder based on ep2 improved difficulty.

- make ttf and rt playable in only certains conditions ( like a lv requirement... ), then people would actually play more variety of quests .....

- less rare monsters ..... it's totally killing the rarity of their drops and eclair/pazuzu everywhere on ep4 is annoying xD.

- make all governements quests directly accessible because some of these are really fun to play but having to complete them all is a bit annoying.

- fix the weapons droprate in cmode ( there are no weapons at all dropping in cmode, that is silly considering that the fun in cmode is based on the weapons you get )

- fix the cmode sranks rewards because it's still totally buggued ( if you choose a needle for example, you will get something else instead lol )

- fix mine offensive rewards and 2p roct crash when you are supposed to get your rewards

- maybe also some improvement in the droprate .... like tjs is absurd and pwand hard also .....

- nerf ranger ( mostly dm ... ) they are way too OP and not really fun to play .....

- give an exclusive weapons to hucaseal/racaseal since they have no advantages .....

- give a special efficient arrest weapons for humar/hunewearl since they can't freeze stuff

- reduce the speed battle of centurion battle because it's too broken

- improve gi and si tech of force ..... playing only ra tech cause alot of damage cancel/bad stun/slowdown and very repetitive gameplay

- i still think bringing back master raven combo but with nerfed atp would be a good idea but then release a psycho raven kind for female hunters and nerf the atp of actual PR

Good ideas. Chiming in with my feedback. For the most part, I agree with you:

- remove buggued exp of boss in ep2 ( lv 1 to 200 in some days seriously lol ? ).

• Wouldn't it be better to have only the final bosses (which no one plays) with high exp? Low exp for Ragol Dragon, High exp for falz and low exp for barba ray building toward high exp from olga? In RT olga gives the lowest exp of all 4 bosses (even lower than barba ray). However, I agree. Ep 1 and 4 should be about the same exp as the ep 2 bosses. And it's silly that olga, falz and shambertin are all lower exp than barba ray. It does need to be re-balanced.

• Already the majority of players on this server struggle in mines, ruins, and subterranean desert. Also, forces are virtually useless in episode 2. You essentially are just there to debuff and cast anti when you play as a force in episode 2 in a group. Solo any boss on a fonewearl in ep 2 ultimate and I'll agree with you. Boosting enemies in ep 1 and 4 would make being a force even more miserable than it already is, and makes it even less like the experience in previous pso games.

- make ttf and rt playable in only certains conditions ( like a lv requirement... ), then people would actually play more variety of quests .....

• Better solution could be to lower exp from bosses (particularly in ep 2) and slightly increase exp for mobs. Taking away the quest will just make people bitch. Give other ways to level and it will remove the motivation for these overplayed quests.

- less rare monsters ..... it's totally killing the rarity of their drops and eclair/pazuzu everywhere on ep4 is annoying xD.

- make all governements quests directly accessible because some of these are really fun to play but having to complete them all is a bit annoying.

• I like this. Or at the very least allowing a room leader who has them all open to drag along all the other players in the room to the quests you've already unlocked.

- fix the weapons droprate in cmode ( there are no weapons at all dropping in cmode, that is silly considering that the fun in cmode is based on the weapons you get )

- fix the cmode sranks rewards because it's still totally buggued ( if you choose a needle for example, you will get something else instead lol )

- fix mine offensive rewards and 2p roct crash when you are supposed to get your rewards

• Hell yes to c-mode and mines offensive comments!

- maybe also some improvement in the droprate .... like tjs is absurd and pwand hard also .....

• P wand has been obtainable in control tower (about 1/1000), but agreed on TJS.

- nerf ranger ( mostly dm ... ) they are way too OP and not really fun to play .....

• I'll let you propose this change and personally handle everyone who complains. ;) This would be worse than the L&K nerfing.

- give an exclusive weapons to hucaseal/racaseal since they have no advantages .....

• This is already on my to do list. :)

- give a special efficient arrest weapons for humar/hunewearl since they can't freeze stuff

• Yes! We did have some in the works (arrest faust and frozen faust) and they were even created, but they never worked quite right. I'm sure we'll find new solutions.

• Don't you use one? ;)

- improve gi and si tech of force ..... playing only ra tech cause alot of damage cancel/bad stun/slowdown and very repetitive gameplay

• Also on my to do list. :)

- i still think bringing back master raven combo but with nerfed atp would be a good idea but then release a psycho raven kind for female hunters and nerf the atp of actual PR

• I've been saying this too... I don't think it will happen. Before suggesting this, it might be good to first allow master raven to drop from somewhere other than BPD.
  • Like 1

Wouldn't it be better to have only the final bosses (which no one plays) with high exp? Low exp for Ragol Dragon, High exp for falz and low exp for barba ray building toward high exp from olga? In RT olga gives the lowest exp of all 4 bosses (even lower than barba ray). However, I agree. Ep 1 and 4 should be about the same exp as the ep 2 bosses. And it's silly that olga, falz and shambertin are all lower exp than barba ray. It does need to be re-balanced.

Yes that's a good idea for final bosses high exp and i approve :) but once again not too much because this server has already X3, X2 and X5 exp occasionnaly so .....

Already the majority of players on this server struggle in mines, ruins, and subterranean desert. Also, forces are virtually useless in episode 2. You essentially are just there to debuff and cast anti when you play as a force in episode 2 in a group. Solo any boss on a fonewearl in ep 2 ultimate and I'll agree with you. Boosting enemies in ep 1 and 4 would make being a force even more miserable than it already is, and makes it even less like the experience in previous pso games.

In that case, why not lower the resistance of monsters/boss in ep2 ? ^^ but by making ep1 and ep4 harder, i didn't meant their resistances to magic but more their evp/dfp/atp/hp and why not their speed ? i'm saying this because the gape of difficulty beetween ep2 and ep1/ep4 is really huge ( especially for people that use average gears )

I'll let you propose this change and personally handle everyone who complains. ;) This would be worse than the L&K nerfing.

Well..... it could be just nerfed by 150-200 atp ...... but seriously this weapon is totally destroying the fun of others and ranger gameplay because most of time DM user are just very lazzy and use only this weapon, so at the end .... it does not push them to improve their gameplay but just make the game too easy ( look how fast DM is killing boss ....... look in PTS for example, you just stay on a side and use the special of the weapon when monsters spawn and they disappear as fast as they appeared lol ...... it make non sense >_<

Don't you use one? ;)

i do xD but i still think it's too broken haha ( maybe 80-90% would be more reasonnnable )

Wow I think we mostly agree now ^^ One note on cent battle, I don't think we can change it. Lee didn't think we could have it as fast as it is without locking up, and said that he tested higher than 50% and it forced mechguns to lock up (meaning you have to alt backspace to end the mechgun animation). Since it works, I don't think we can touch it.

And I get what you mean on dark meteor. The issue when altering the stats of existing weapons to be weaker is that people who have sphered items have a legitimate argument to ask for a transfer of stats to another item, like iron faust. It's messy.

My thoughts on boss exp... Perhaps something more like this?

Barba Ray/Sil Dragon/Gol Dragon/De Rol - 50k

Vol Opt - 100k

Gryphon - 150k

Falz -250k

Olga/Shambertin- 500k

This would make people do more PTS/POD/Purple Lamplight/Seabed Runs and perhaps less RT/TTF. Anyway just a thought.

• Like 1

Ultima has a problem, more to do with never ending buff cycles, because everything has to be better or stronger then the last thing, couple this with meaningless drop rates, and exp rates that are too generous, and if I throw in some dumb quest edits, cough dmd cough and you end up with a largely hollow experience of why people really play this game.

Now I'm not saying what people say they want, more what makes the game so addictive, all the factors I havd mentioned, while they cater to peoples wants ultimately hurt the enjoyment of the game itself.

It's likd getting everything you want, you soon lose interest.

Just my 10cents anyway.

• Like 1

Firstly, yes, there are a lot of things that need some love, and I actually have some decent ideas about this. I'm thinking about how RT/TTF is done too much. Sure, levels 120-130, doing some casual play will still help you get a few levels here and there, but overall, the game is degraded by the shear amount of level grinding that is required. Regular mobs should be exp increased. I don't, however, feel as though it needs to be raised for bosses (Except for shammy/olga, because they're tough to take down and give almost no reward). As for working on HUcaseal and RAcaseal, if you're going to go that route, we also need to work on HUnewearl. They're out-shined by every other HU class, as HUcaseal/HUcast has traps and HUmar has weapons that are specific to him. HUnewearl are based on the ability to solo better, having decent buffs/debuffs. The issue remains that in late gameplay, you in most instances have a force providing buffs/debuffs, meaning that the part of a HUnewearl that is supposed to make it shine is now utterly useless in comparison. I liked what SCHTHACK did, providing a strong sword with a good spirit special. I'm just wondering if we can make a weapon for HUs that get stronger attacks based on both ATP AND MST.

man dont bring in rainbows that piece of shit is broken beyond belief

That's the difference between larva and lee. Lee makes hilariously broken items (which I love). I would love lee's permission to bring inferno claw over here. I described it to larva and he just laughed at me for proposing something that crazy. So you have no risk of Rainbow or cheater claw (or anything remotely similar) appearing over here. ;)

• Like 1

the rainbow has nothing to do with me, crono lol...

As for the inferno claw it's actually balanced by it's variable atp, which basically makes it largely unreliable as a weapon. So it's no where near as broken as a ton of the ultima items actually.

It's 1-5000 atp, so it can hit for anything inbetween. means it's a claw weapon which when you average out it's damage it's nothing special compared to other multi target dps items.

So actually it's larva who makes hilariously broken items and I actually balance things.

Edited by Lee

i dont think rainbow was lees idea i saw him pissing people off talking about nerfing it numerous times on schtserv boards lol

but yeah keep that shit out of here man thats what makes schtserv boring -_-

Edited by Armando

the rainbow has nothing to do with me, crono lol...

As for the inferno claw it's actually balanced by it's variable atp, which basically makes it largely unreliable as a weapon. So it's no where near as broken as a ton of the ultima items actually.

It's 1-5000 atp, so it can hit for anything inbetween. means it's a claw weapon which when you average out it's damage it's nothing special compared to other multi target dps items.

So actually it's larva who makes hilariously broken items and I actually balance things.

I take full credit for the broken arrest needle. ^^ And Lee, I like your Schthack items. It was a compliment.

• Like 1

i think hunter is good the way they are right now ( just that psycho raven is extremely too broken ) because they are still offering some challenge, they maybe miss some strong single target but i wouldn't touch sword personnaly..... DF is already more than enough and totally OP but for hunewearl/humar why not an extended range and atp partisan with spirit special or even a strong atp slicer with spirit?

As for ranger, they are definitely to strong on this server and they clearly need nerf.......because if you think about it ranger is already basically OP by their facilities to control things ( arrest, fs, freeze traps ) and i'm not even talking about demon on ramarl/ramar lol ..... so ..... with reaper/dark meteor/new arrest needle with high atp and crazy arrest/type weapons with customised special + hit, yasminkov with customised special + hit it now became ridiculous .....

Making pso too easy will just kill the fun of people and make them bored.... so in order to keep things balanced well it would be good to focus on utility weapons more than strong atp/stats weapons i think :)

And yes ofc hunewearll need a new strong weapon to compensate her weakness in full team with force but i didn't mentionned this because i think kajex had already this in projects :P

Edited by Sylph777

i think hunter is good the way they are right now ( just that psycho raven is extremely too broken ) because they are still offering some challenge, they maybe miss some strong single target but i wouldn't touch sword personnaly..... DF is already more than enough and totally OP but for hunewearl/humar why not an extended range and atp partisan with spirit special or even a strong atp slicer with spirit?

As for ranger, they are definitely to strong on this server and they clearly need nerf.......because if you think about it ranger is already basically OP by their facilities to control things ( arrest, fs, freeze traps ) and i'm not even talking about demon on ramarl/ramar lol ..... so ..... with reaper/dark meteor/new arrest needle with high atp and crazy arrest/type weapons with customised special + hit, yasminkov with customised special + hit it now became ridiculous .....

Making pso too easy will just kill the fun of people and make them bored.... so in order to keep things balanced well it would be good to focus on utility weapons more than strong atp/stats weapons i think :)

And yes ofc hunewearll need a new strong weapon to compensate her weakness in full team with force but i didn't mentionned this because i think kajex had already this in projects :P

There is a problem which larva said when he locked the lk38 combat combo, people gets used to their equipment, and also sphere or work their asses off to get said item, so nerfing things and balancing the game right now = to mad people, because not everyone wants a balanced game or something like that, people tends to get used to the items ultima offer and become mostly lazy, i remember seeing hucast with only df, lk38, hell raygun, and few other items which was a totally shit equipment, and when larva did locked lk's combo everyone was raging about it, but those people didn't understood what an rpg game is like, THERE IS NO PERFECT EQUIPMENT IN AN RPG YOU HAVE TO USE DIFFERENT COMBINATIONS OF ITEMS IN CERTAIN CONDITIONS TO BE MORE EFFICIENT, there are actually a few rpg's that do tell you about it, and trying to balance things here in ultima is going to cause another lk38 drama, but instead this will be for several items instead for only 1.

afaik we can't please everyone,

you have 2 options....

(note this is assuming you KNOW what the source of the item balace issue is)

you can either nerf/restrict/block such item or leave it be.

should the OP'ed weapon be left intact, just as Lee said, the neverending cycle of buffs will continue, eventually a group of people will whine about it, and possibly the mods

will release an even better weapon/armor to counteract such OP'ed item. by the looks of it we have reached a point where we are now in NEED of modded weapons to keep

a semi-balanced meta-game, modded weapons are nice and all but we have no idea of what consequences might arrive because of the mods,

I mean a few of them are ok, but too many might cause unwanted bugs. heck some of them are fun (like the broken Hylian shield that made forces into Gods of Death)

but eventually you'll find many people with dissapeared items, complaints about how broken stuff is etc...

long story short, keep scaling beyond the original damage output and you might risk game integrity (keyword here is might) both in the gameplay and metagame.

moving to option B

should the mods lock/nerf/restrict such OP'ed item, Would people be pissed? yes, Will people whine about it? absolutely, Will people threaten to or downright leave the game?

it's a rather realistic possibility,

at a first glance the nerf/restriction/lock of an items that is deemed too OP, might have these unsettling results as one of the biggest concerns for the community, yes I understand

this might be a big blow if handled poorly, but think about it for a second.... if handled right, you'd eventually use it as a reason to promote the use of other discarded or rarely used

items (mmo's afaik give you tons of items to mix-n-match builds for your liking) you'd also (once again if handled correctly) restore some balance to the metagame and quite possibly

avoid any more bugs from implementing new gear/items if you are "experimenting" on new items for the community.

where am I heading with this?

like I stated before, we can't possibly please anyone, and if you'd ask me I'd for for option B, why? putting them on a scale of pro's and con's I'd say option B is the lesser of the 2 evils

sure both options have nasty side effects but I believe Ultima could handle option B better on a worst-case scenario should it ever arise.

to whoever reads this, this is just me giving my 2 cents, should you find this offensive don't take it to heart, it's only an opinion.