Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

2 minutes ago, O9B066 said:

With all of the great things and ideas on this server after 9 years I'm surprised this wasn't already done lol I think your idea would be the best idea though. It's too bad server and forum id aren't the same. When I made my account I made my game account first and couldn't figure out why I couldn't login to the forum lol 

I think is better, because of how we manage game and forum accounts.

I don't find that difficult to figure out why either one doesn't work (and probably that's the reason why I had not added such message) but I guess a little info about it doesn't hurt.

Actually I do have a good one. 

Either on the forum wiki or the drop tables put links to either where the item can be found and what id or on the drop tables, have the item be linked to its wiki. Would make things so much easier especially on a phone browsing.

I thought of doing like pso-w did and add their monster and rates or something... but we update the drop tables frequently and I don't have an easy way to do that atm, because the drop tables are static HTML files, which I cannot use to gather information from.
Maybe once I migrate to the new JSON format I might be able to do something nice but even then I don't know if I'll end up doing that.

You can always just Ctrl + F in the drop tables (or use the one with filters).
You probably need a big screen for that tho... otherwise the mobile site kicks in and gg.

i think it would be cool if someone who has a rgb keyboard (razor chroma or some other brand of rgb backlit kb) made a program for said keyboards to take over the leds so that the pso default kb controls were lit up and had specific coloring for each control such as the number bar would be one color , wasd another color, arrow keys another and so on

not really needed i guess but it would be cool imo

28 minutes ago, griffeni said:

i think it would be cool if someone who has a rgb keyboard (razor chroma or some other brand of rgb backlit kb) made a program for said keyboards to take over the leds so that the pso default kb controls were lit up and had specific coloring for each control such as the number bar would be one color , wasd another color, arrow keys another and so on

I sadly don't have one, I have the Razer Deathstalker Chroma, but I assume it would be easy to make a profile for that.

44 minutes ago, griffeni said:

i got a corsair rgb and with its tool you can make an extra profil , then make a makro and if you open pso use that makro to switch the profile in the tool :)

ill try something out today evening if i can handle something out like you want but in first mind i got that makro + extra profil :P

Edited by Night

I would like to be able to toggle picking up drops off and on with a command. Many times on my Hunter I've tried to attack an enemy, only to pick up an item and get smacked before I can attack again. It's especially common on quests like TTFU and Phantasmal World.

I'm sure there should be some flag I can force change to disable the picking up of items but so far I haven't found a way to either do that, or to disable the picking up (while preserving the attack keys). And talking about this, I got an idea that I'll be looking up soon.
I also want to enable the alternate hotkey  (1-0) when using keyboard but haven't had any luck yet.

What you can do is put the attack you use the most in the left key of the palette so you start the combos with the left key, once in a combo, you won't pick up items (that's what I do).

• Like 1

Just started over the weekend. Haven't played PSO (schthacks) since like alpha PSO2 back in 2012 or so.

Anyways, not sure if its on this server but what I loved from Schthacks was that they merged the technique boosting shields into one and changed the %'s.

So:

Jellen + Zellure range by 200% =  Segaienure Merge

Anti + Resta boosted range by 200% = Healing Merge
Shifta + Deband boosted range by 200% = Megistrade Merge
Ra techniques by 40%  = RA Merge

Gi techniques by 60% = Gi Merge

Si techniques by 100% = Si Merge

Boost grants by 75%, Megid Piercing = Yin-Yang Merge

Do this server have something similar or is it the same as Sega's?

17 minutes ago, Junsui said:

Just started over the weekend. Haven't played PSO (schthacks) since like alpha PSO2 back in 2012 or so.

Anyways, not sure if its on this server but what I loved from Schthacks was that they merged the technique boosting shields into one and changed the %'s.

So:

Jellen + Zellure range by 200% =  Segaienure Merge

Anti + Resta boosted range by 200% = Healing Merge
Shifta + Deband boosted range by 200% = Megistrade Merge
Ra techniques by 40%  = RA Merge

Gi techniques by 60% = Gi Merge

Si techniques by 100% = Si Merge

Boost grants by 75%, Megid Piercing = Yin-Yang Merge

Do this server have something similar or is it the same as Sega's?

The merges are the same as Sega's, but we've instead added several other shields into the game that boost techs. There are things like Three Seals (25% ra- techs, vhard delbiter skyly/redria 1/214), Virus Shield Vol Opt (20% gi-tech, +10ata, drops in this easter event), Hylian Shield (100% grants, 75% rafoie, 60% razonde, +1techlevels, 35edk, drops in Triforce Event after summer), and many of the halloween costumes (Red Ring + Halo Soul = progressive costumes with RR stats + some bonus; Bunny Costume = Jellen/Zalure, Catscratch = Shifta/Deband, Guardian Angel = Resta/Anti, Minecraft Costume = Megid Pierce, other costumes do other things). We've also made the elemental cloak line into 30% element boost (Ignition Cloak, Congeal Cloak, Tempest Cloak), and some other armors have tech boosts added too like sue's coat and godric's cloak. We also have different tech boosts on our weapons probably, like psycho wand is 45% ra- techs, and there is also the much stronger Psycho Bridge (Dark Bridge + Proof of Sonic Team, 85% rafoie/razonde 95% rabarta). Many of the regular merges also drop during christmas event, so you don't necessarily have to go box hunting for amplifiers.

2 hours ago, Fyrewolf5 said:

The merges are the same as Sega's, but we've instead added several other shields into the game that boost techs. There are things like Three Seals (25% ra- techs, vhard delbiter skyly/redria 1/214), Virus Shield Vol Opt (20% gi-tech, +10ata, drops in this easter event), Hylian Shield (100% grants, 75% rafoie, 60% razonde, +1techlevels, 35edk, drops in Triforce Event after summer), and many of the halloween costumes (Red Ring + Halo Soul = progressive costumes with RR stats + some bonus; Bunny Costume = Jellen/Zalure, Catscratch = Shifta/Deband, Guardian Angel = Resta/Anti, Minecraft Costume = Megid Pierce, other costumes do other things). We've also made the elemental cloak line into 30% element boost (Ignition Cloak, Congeal Cloak, Tempest Cloak), and some other armors have tech boosts added too like sue's coat and godric's cloak. We also have different tech boosts on our weapons probably, like psycho wand is 45% ra- techs, and there is also the much stronger Psycho Bridge (Dark Bridge + Proof of Sonic Team, 85% rafoie/razonde 95% rabarta). Many of the regular merges also drop during christmas event, so you don't necessarily have to go box hunting for amplifiers.

Hiya, thanks for the reply.

Ah, I see what you mean. I guess it gives the opportunity to use those stronger shields and acquiring them is more difficult too.

So three seals always drops from vhard Delbiter; that's good to know! Hylian Shield and Psycho Bridge are pretty beast.

I see, there's quite a bit of differences and new stuff. Cool, any way of getting more precise information to refer back too, like a page with it all on?

*Curious, any system that puts Level 200's 'supposely exp' to some good use? PSO2 has a system where current cap players still get rewarded (minor but its something). Any system in place that  can trade/swap junk rares for PD's, Mats or something? Ty.

Edited by Junsui

3 minutes ago, Junsui said:

Hiya, thanks for the reply.

Ah, I see what you mean. I guess it gives the opportunity to use those stronger shields and acquiring them is more difficult too.

So three seals always drops from vhard Delbiter; that's good to know! Hylian Shield and Psycho Bridge are pretty beast.

I see, there's quite a bit of differences and new stuff. Cool, any way of getting more precise information to refer back too, like a page with it all on?

*Curious, any system that puts Level 200's 'supposely exp' to some good use? PSO2 has a system where current cap players still get rewarded (minor but its something). Any system in place that  can trade/swap junk rares for PD's, Mats or something? Ty.

We have this page to detail many of the items https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/topic/10353-psobb-ultima-itemweaponarmorshieldunit-effects-ie/ (though we still have to add a few new ones from valentines and this event), but recently we've also added the Item Wiki which is even better, which you can find by clicking the Ultima>Wiki>Items button at the top of the forums, or via this link https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/wiki/items/

There is no system that uses exp beyond 200 as of yet, and although it is something to consider, nothing is defined on that yet. Many people do like to level several different classes though, and there are always people looking to trade items, and PDs and Mats are often used. We have many major events that provide new things to hunt for people too, lots of people are going after the many new items we added for Easter EVent.

1) I'll look into it, I thought that was already done.

2) No, what I did was make the game NOT remove the special name (which bugs out the ??? of untekked weapons, don't make me fix it), I did not ADD extra text to the names.

3) No, you can use a custom unitxt but you would be responsible for it.

4,5) No, at least for now.

• Like 1