Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

Sure things, you have a point and I don't care "that" much, after all, I also like daggers a lot. 

What bother me is that Ultima server tend to produce new stuff usable by every class way too often ; and when it is both usable by all and better than the specialized stuff, well it's kinda sad. It just seems a bit redundant and unnecessary.

Now I realize it would be silly to want something better because that's just a vicious circle : so my feeling is that Bloody Tornado should not be stronger than BKB or should not be available to any class. It kinda lose its magic being available to all.

tl;dr : nerf bloody tornado

Edited by Misombre

1 hour ago, Misombre said:

Now it's not that "if it's not as good as then something need to be buffed" : my feeling is that BKB should be stronger or at least equal than Bloody Tornado OR that Bloody tornado should be Hunters only. It kinda lose its magic being available to all.

But that's the same thing no?

I (not so openly) oppose to making those kind of items since this is what they end up doing, people wanting other things to not "suck".
Also, it just pushes itself, we have this, so now we must make something (at least slightly) stronger and so on, which is evident with the bunch of new items we have.

I have been telling kajex that I'd like an overall nerf so things are not edges (and also so we can have a nice headroom for doing special things)... oh well... 
I'll go back to add some more info to Aselia's commands.

• Like 3

This is just a place for people to voice ideas on cool event weapon ideas, including booster usage weapons like Sil D. Slayer

Soul Booster + SEALED j sword = ???? Sealed Soul Sword???

Psycho Black Crystal + Last swan = ???? Psycho Doves????

New uses for photon booster?????????? instead of just IF?

Demon Claw? high atp claw with excal like special? "hits multiple targets" - use pheonix claw skin but darker colors?

Let loose your best ideas and maybe a gm will like it :) ?

• Like 1

Oritiagito + TJS = Daisho Ori-Tsuki 

All twin swords combine (Asuka/Musahi/Yamato) + Chromatic Orb = Colorless/Rainbow Twins

Magic Moola Irista + Summit Moon = Summit Sun

Magical Piece + Summit Sun = Celestial Piece

All that I can think of off the top ;D

Yamigarasu + Swordsman's Lore = Izanagi's Sword

Edited by Ki Fung Chan

How about having more commands that persist after shutting down or commands that auto run on startup? 

A couple of examples:  always use common bank or always use default lobby music on startup, instead of running their respective commands every time you log in.

Something like this already exists for drop style, right? 

@Vonic It already exists for drop style indeed and for /npc

But would that really be useful for banks ? I mean, people, or at least most of them, use both banks and since the command is instantaneous... it is not a hassle.

I rather not say anything about lobby music, since am never on the lobby anyway and I don't play pso background music either so.

@thelionorion I'd rather have more people willing to run challenge in that case ^^

@MadOrNah As far as I know, they're still thinking about what to do with those New years cards =/ gotta wait I guess, perhaps for easter !

Edited by Misombre

I've been aware of this thread for a while, but have been thinking long and hard about what could actually improve this game and not throw its mechanics out the window. So, here's my thought, the one thing this game lacks and has always lacked: Damage over Time.

Zonde spells can shock/stun robots. Gi and Rabarta can freeze enemies (can barta27+ freeze them too? I don't actually remember), Foie can... do... uh, fire damage?

None of the Foie-line spells have anything unique about them. I'm aware that coding a mechanic like this isn't a simple undertaking, but if the idea was liked enough, the the effort would be warranted. But that's not on me; I'm just here to toss the idea into the hat.

The major reason I bring this up is 'Casts. Back when Version 2 on Dreamcast was new, I imported the JP version because I was so hyped to play it. When I looked in the Customize menu after making my RAcast, I was really excited to see four types of traps, having only heard of three from my friend who imported it first. I leveled and leveled and leveled like crazy, desperately hoping that fourth trap type would unlock when I got into ultimate mode or something. I then sadly realized that the fourth trap was just a PVP thing, and 'Casts only had those three types of traps. I loved, and still love my robits, but something was sorely missing that I felt always should have been there.

Herein is the crux of my suggestion: I feel that FOIE, no Rafoie or Gifoie, should have a DoT effect added to it. Something like 20% extra damage based on initial damage over some set period of time. It wouldn't be horribly IMBA because if you're foie spamming you're probably a Fonewy and you're gonna spam it anyway. It just means you get a little more bang for your TP between Rabarta CC casts. 

To add to this, I think it would be pretty sweet to have 'Casts fire-based damage traps also have a DoT associated with them, except I think it should be unrelated to base damage (casts can't choose elemental resistances and sometimes they're worthless being fire-only), and be based on the Cast's LEVEL as opposed to something that can be statistically altered via gear. 'Casts get more traps as they LEVEL UP, therefore, scaling the damage they deal based on that would keep them in line with the current balance.

Thanks for your time reading and/or considering my suggestion. Love this server, love this game, and really hugely appreciate all the hard work this team tirelessly puts into it. Seriously, I love you guys.

Edited by DiosGX
Structuring for cohesion
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DiosGX said:

I've been aware of this thread for a while, but have been thinking long and hard about what could actually improve this game and not throw its mechanics out the window. So, here's my thought, the one thing this game lacks and has always lacked: Damage over Time.

Zonde spells can shock/stun robots. Gi and Rabarta can freeze enemies (can barta27+ freeze them too? I don't actually remember), Foie can... do... uh, fire damage?

None of the Foie-line spells have anything unique about them. I'm aware that coding a mechanic like this isn't a simple undertaking, but if the idea was liked enough, the the effort would be warranted. But that's not on me; I'm just here to toss the idea into the hat.

The major reason I bring this up is 'Casts. Back when Version 2 on Dreamcast was new, I imported the JP version because I was so hyped to play it. When I looked in the Customize menu after making my RAcast, I was really excited to see four types of traps, having only heard of three from my friend who imported it first. I leveled and leveled and leveled like crazy, desperately hoping that fourth trap type would unlock when I got into ultimate mode or something. I then sadly realized that the fourth trap was just a PVP thing, and 'Casts only had those three types of traps. I loved, and still love my robits, but something was sorely missing that I felt always should have been there.

Herein is the crux of my suggestion: I feel that FOIE, no Rafoie or Gifoie, should have a DoT effect added to it. Something like 20% extra damage based on initial damage over some set period of time. It wouldn't be horribly IMBA because if you're foie spamming you're probably a Fonewy and you're gonna spam it anyway. It just means you get a little more bang for your TP between Rabarta CC casts. 

To add to this, I think it would be pretty sweet to have 'Casts fire-based damage traps also have a DoT associated with them, except I think it should be unrelated to base damage (casts can't choose elemental resistances and sometimes they're worthless being fire-only), and be based on the Cast's LEVEL as opposed to something that can be statistically altered via gear. 'Casts get more traps as they LEVEL UP, therefore, scaling the damage they deal based on that would keep them in line with the current balance.

Thanks for your time reading and/or considering my suggestion. Love this server, love this game, and really hugely appreciate all the hard work this team tirelessly puts into it. Seriously, I love you guys.

It's not possible for us to do things like this, altering how the spell works. The foie series may not freeze like barta or shock machines like zonde, but it is the most damaging series of spells generally, with all 3 of them actually being useful in unique ways (rafoie lets you do aoe centered on your target instead of on yourself like most spells, gifoie can to stack damage and hit enemies spawning/walking into it). Foie spells have the most boosts and the lowest enemy resists vs them (even when it's not the primary weakness, it will generally at least be the medium weakness). Adding a dot effect to fire damage (even if just foie as you suggest) is just not something we can do even if we wanted to. I don't think it would be possible to alter traps based on character level; currently fire trap damage is based on the difficulty level and the area you are playing in (i.e. will do more damage in ruins than in forest). It is true that their usefulness is rather limited outside of a few niche uses like instant killing slimes, instant scare on falling rappies, making deldepths stand, trap chaining, etc., but there isn't much we can do to change that (weapons would always outclass them anyway), and freeze traps are already so brokenly overpowered that they will always vastly overshadow the uses of any other kind of trap no matter how good of a change anyone could theorycraft. It was an interesting suggestion to read, but the issue isn't "[throwing] its mechanics out the window" but that it's trying to add entirely new mechanics into it that don't exist in some form already.

Edited by Fyrewolf5

For as many years as I've played this game, I somehow never noticed there was a damage difference from the zone you were in. I guess that underscores how low their damage is, huh. ;p

Appreciate the response and the inside understanding of the game code-wise. I really respect the transparency on this server in that regard.

• 2 weeks later...

Restrict everyone from trying to sell stuff for other game currencies. It's getting really out of hand now.

Edited by CCastles93

I suggest a shortcut to display a log window (like Ctrl+M for Map)