Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
shion255

Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, EDEN said:

 @serverus


Actually though @Lemon, MST based lightning and burning damage would be very cool

Did we decide whether or not this was possible? I feel like it has come up before. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Dutch Ride said:

Did we decide whether or not this was possible? I feel like it has come up before. 

iirc it is not.  I just felt like throwing out more ideas that won't happen while we're talking about them.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That certainly does seem to be the theme this morning.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know I've posted these things a lot, but I will die on the hill for these things because they will make this server much better:

-Leaderboards(kills/time played/meseta spent/exp gained/etc).

-Daily quest whether it be more Schthack style or PSU GBR style(what Ephinea uses).

-Add quests: Passion of the Blacksmith, The Military Strikes Back, Christmas Fiasco EP 1/2/4, Dolmolm Research. These are all public quests and I've sent the files to those who could pass them along to @Larva.

-Release monster data so we can make damage/accuracy calculators like http://z.purei.org/psocalc.php.

-Add One Player Mode quests.

-Rework Ultima Bringer(think Doom Bringer from Schthack maybe) because as is it's only a collectors item.

-Give Olga Flow some drops during the year because across all 4 difficulties he only has TWO drops(possible 40) which are both Kroes Sweater 1⁄315 and 1⁄512(terrible rates) think something like highly desired event items on some really tough rates so that players stop quitting this server because they have to wait an entire year to hunt the good items.

-Redesign the visuals of all the upgraded Red Rings. Everyone thinks they are ugly as shit.

-Give Sonic Team Armor a visual of some sort. It is the best/rarest armor in the game and it should have some sort of particle.

-Remove PD as a reward from WOI like other servers. 

-Rework the DT system to make a bit more sense.

God/Ability = 10
God/Arm = 10
God/Battle = 10
God/Body = 8
God/HP = 10
God/Legs = 8
God/Luck = 8
God/Mind = 8
God/Power = 8
God/TP = 10
God/Technique = 10
HP/Revival = 5
Heavenly/Ability = 10
Heavenly/Arms = 12
Heavenly/Battle = 12
Heavenly/Body = 10
Heavenly/Legs = 10
Heavenly/Luck = 10
Heavenly/Mind = 10
Heavenly/Power = 10
Hero/Ability = 10

Like really? People don't even pick these items up.

V502 = 25

V101 = 25 

Over priced. There's a billion more items on this list that are extremely overpriced. 

Native/Beast/Machine/Dark 35% = 15
Native/Beast/Machine/Dark 40% = 20
Native/Beast/Machine/Dark 45% = 25
Native/Beast/Machine/Dark 50% = 30

Why would anyone buy 50% for $30 when you could get two instances of 35% for $15 for 70% total which is 20% more than 50% for the same price?

Hit 10% = 10
Hit 20% = 15
Hit 25% = 20
Hit 30% = 25
Hit 35% = 30
Hit 40% = 35
Hit 45% = 40
Hit 50% = 45

Why would anyone buy 50% for $45 when you can get 3 instances of 20% for 60% which is 10% more than 50% for the same price?

Level 200 Mag (no rare mag) = 30

This price should include rare mags. Power Plant Plight has allowed us to get custom mags for like 20 PDs.

-Allow us to add 5% hit with 99 PDs/1 PS at Gallons or wherever.

-Design a more utilizable discord like Ephinea. They have 1000s of players in their discord and constantly use it to arrange parties for games/trade/battle/chat. Our Discord is a ghost town. 

Edited by Saber +7
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Dw 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Saber +7 said:

I know I've posted these things a lot, but I will die on the hill for these things because they will make this server much better:

-Leaderboards(kills/time played/meseta spent/exp gained/etc).

This was discussed and was approved, I believe it's waiting on the new server code which will supply all the stats.

20 minutes ago, Saber +7 said:

-Daily quest whether it be more Schthack style or PSU GBR style(what Ephinea uses).

This might have to wait until the new server code is in production.

20 minutes ago, Saber +7 said:

-Add quests: Passion of the Blacksmith, The Military Strikes Back, Christmas Fiasco EP 1/2/4, Dolmolm Research. These are all public quests and I've sent the files to those who could pass them along to @Larva.

@Soly

20 minutes ago, Saber +7 said:

-Release monster data so we can make damage/accuracy calculators like http://z.purei.org/psocalc.php.

This is @Larva's decision, but I don't see how it'd hurt.

20 minutes ago, Saber +7 said:

-Add One Player Mode quests.

Which ones?

20 minutes ago, Saber +7 said:

-Rework Ultima Bringer(think Doom Bringer from Schthack maybe) because as is it's only a collectors item.

Oh please.  That and battlemage's cloak or w.e are some of my favorite items I've played with.

20 minutes ago, Saber +7 said:

-Give Olga Flow some drops during the year because across all 4 difficulties he only has TWO drops(possible 40) which are both Kroes Sweater 1⁄315 and 1⁄512(terrible rates) think something like highly desired event items on some really tough rates so that players stop quitting this server because they have to wait an entire year to hunt the good items.

PD - 1/10 xD

I also think that's probably a good idea

20 minutes ago, Saber +7 said:

-Redesign the visuals of all the upgraded Red Rings. Everyone thinks they are ugly as shit.

My halo is beautiful!

20 minutes ago, Saber +7 said:

-Give Sonic Team Armor a visual of some sort. It is the best/rarest armor in the game and it should have some sort of particle.

I like this idea.

20 minutes ago, Saber +7 said:

-Remove PD as a reward from WOI like other servers. 

This might cause a riot.

20 minutes ago, Saber +7 said:

-Rework the DT system to make a bit more sense.

God/Ability = 10
God/Arm = 10
God/Battle = 10
God/Body = 8
God/HP = 10
God/Legs = 8
God/Luck = 8
God/Mind = 8
God/Power = 8
God/TP = 10
God/Technique = 10
HP/Revival = 5
Heavenly/Ability = 10
Heavenly/Arms = 12
Heavenly/Battle = 12
Heavenly/Body = 10
Heavenly/Legs = 10
Heavenly/Luck = 10
Heavenly/Mind = 10
Heavenly/Power = 10
Hero/Ability = 10

Like really? People don't even pick these items up.

V502 = 25

V101 = 25 

Over priced. There's a billion more items on this list that are extremely overpriced. 

Native/Beast/Machine/Dark 35% = 15
Native/Beast/Machine/Dark 40% = 20
Native/Beast/Machine/Dark 45% = 25
Native/Beast/Machine/Dark 50% = 30

Why would anyone buy 50% for $30 when you could get two instances of 35% for $15 for 70% total which is 20% more than 50% for the same price?

Hit 10% = 10
Hit 20% = 15
Hit 25% = 20
Hit 30% = 25
Hit 35% = 30
Hit 40% = 35
Hit 45% = 40
Hit 50% = 45

Why would anyone buy 50% for $45 when you can get 3 instances of 20% for 60% which is 10% more than 50% for the same price?

We only charge at the 20% hit price anyway.

20 minutes ago, Saber +7 said:

-Allow us to add 5% hit with 99 PDs/1 PS at Gallons or wherever.

This would only work if we dumped WoI's prize.

20 minutes ago, Saber +7 said:

-Design a more utilizable discord like Ephinea. They have 1000s of players in their discord and constantly use it to arrange parties for games/trade/battle/chat. Our Discord is a ghost town. 

The Ultima discord was SUPER toxic back when I was trying to do this that I gave up.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to chime in on some of these.

There might be a kills leaderboard before the new server is used but that's about it, any other special stuff won't be added as I can't be bothered anyway.

A daily quest would be a nice addition but as Lemon said, new server.

Adding quests is up to Larva

I haven''t messed up with particles for armor and probably won't happen because of that.

As Lemon said, we even encourage people to not get the higher hit/stat options, but I think that should be changed to be better the higher you go (but maybe keep it around the same you get right now).
About items, I couldn't care less how much they would cost, I'd rather leave them that way to encourage people to not get them.

Even though our discord has less channels, it seems about the same, people not using it is a different thing.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Soly said:

Even though our discord has less channels, it seems about the same, people not using it is a different thing.

They absolutely are not the same. Moderation of that discord is entirely gone. All it is is people making fun of a guys forehead. Ephinea has roles that each player can assign themselves that help identify what games a person interested in. People can be !challenge !hardcore and so on and are differentiated by the color of their name. They also push the discord a lot more than we do. Ours is made by a player who is/was banned? Not even officially hosted by a gm or larva. There seems to only be one way to join the discord which is on the bottom of the front page. It deserves it's own pinned post and maybe even a link in the shoutbox. Besides my last post yesterday which I promptly left the discord(because it's toxic and ghost town) the latest post was 9 days ago.

image.thumb.png.a071fab4666cfb33369c2f2e8cefb7a2.png

Edited by Saber +7
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've made this suggestion before but here we go again:

Spread out the events better.

Allow me to clarify. Why do we often have green names, 5x exp, AND a holiday events active at the same time, and then nothing in between events bar the occasional midnight HH? Wouldn't it be better to just have the event with either green names or 5x exp (or neither depending on the event), and then have something for the downtime between events to give people something to do? E.g. level, hunt rare monsters for weapons, PCs, materials, whatever ruffles your truffles; aka things you don't want to waste your time hunting during events because, you know, once a year exclusives.... but still want to hunt.

 :onion-head13:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Make more mini events sound way better, also if you guys can do a player of the month that would be awesome!! Lol to give a special surprise, weapon,armor,unit, something to keep player motivated.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, robiii900 said:

Make more mini events sound way better, also if you guys can do a player of the month that would be awesome!! Lol to give a special surprise, weapon,armor,unit, something to keep player motivated.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How would a player of the month be decided? Hours played, quests completed, exp gained, meseta spent, randomly, a composite of these things?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
How would a player of the month be decided? Hours played, quests completed, exp gained, meseta spent, randomly, a composite of these things?


Well thats a good question... that was an idea I just thought about it but not sure how will work... maybe do like you said hours played, helping other players, be a unique player that everyone will notice... don’t know lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How would a player of the month be decided? Hours played, quests completed, exp gained, meseta spent, randomly, a composite of these things?


Well thats a good question... that was an idea I just thought about it but not sure how will work... maybe do like you said hours played, helping other players, be a unique player that everyone will notice... don’t know lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2019 at 9:19 PM, MaskedShardy said:

Allow character transfer to ephinea, though currently ephinea's transfer is shutdown for an unspecified amount of time, im sure theres a way to allow players to make game accounts so that they can be moved over between one or the other, so those who want authentic can go to ephinea, and if they wanna play ultima with a different character, they can transfer over. i know it sounds dumb, and i admit some of the details arent spot on, but the general idea of allowing transfer would be nice.

I'm sure many would support this if only to be rid of me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Hatsodoom Reiga said:

I'm sure many would support this if only to be rid of me.

This is joke is starting to get old.

Also there are many technical things that prevent this (not only on our end).

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I'm sure many would support this if only to be rid of me.
It's really bits me when ppl says "authentic" WTF!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×