Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
shion255

Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

Gear set bonuses are my fetish 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trigunman said:

I have absolutely wonderful idea, how about giving the entire DB set some SET BONUSES, same goes for the intended set bonus for the Flowens gear.(that sadly still doesn't work to this day)

We have tons of great gear on the server, instead of mixing and matching as an option, give some set bonuses to matched armor and weapons like every other action RPG out there. (This means creating some new sets too!) This will certainly encourage the use of some of the weaker armor pieces out there, as well as the weapons.

I see on PSO-world.com's database, both of those sets are supposed to have a "50% boost in power" when all are equipped:

http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=170&sortby=name

http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=141&sortby=name

Again, it's something I do want to do, but without access to the source code it takes time to track these sorts of things down and change them, if it's even feasible to do. My own testing tells me that those set bonuses don't work with any of the weapons that have an actual model number, they only work with the basic 9star replica (the ones that say "Replica of a saber/sword once used by the military. An extremely common replica." and not have any model production year like AUW-3075 or other number or mention of a manufacturer like chris co., torato co., or mick co.). Thus, you can't get a bonus from using flowen's frame+shield with flowens 3084 (the 'real' one that has special, though it's a replica by mick co.), or the same with db's armor+shield with db 3075 which is what I would call the 'real' db (highest requirement/atp/grind, which is same as flowen 3084, same drop rate and id from similar enemy type).

There are a couple other set bonuses and boosts. Delsaber's Shield and Delsaber's Buster; when you use those together, you gain double the shield's evp (115>230) and double the atp of the buster (340-350 > 700), which is surprisingly strong for level 41 shield requirement (much lower than crimson coat 101 and red saber's 489 + 78grind x 1.5 crimson bonus for 967atp, another good 'cheap, but strong' combination option, or sweetheart 131 + angel harp for females). Similarly Crimson Coat boosts red saber, red dagger, and red slicer by 50% atp and 22ata (red coat also boosts those weapons, but only 30% atp and 12ata). Thirteen boosts Diska of Braveman, Slicer of Assasin, and Diska of Liberator by 50%atp and 30ata. Blue Odoshi Violet Nimaidou boosts Sange, Yasha, Kamui, and Sange&Yasha by 100atp and 10ata in addition to its 40% attack speed to all weapons (less odoshi armors do not give bonus to any weapon, just lesser attack speed). Sweetheart armor boosts angel harp by 30%atp 12ata and vivi 30% attackspeed, as well as extra resists with safety heart shield equipped (which itself boosts rambling may 30ata). Samurai armor gains +20 all resists with genpei(which has no natural resists, so it only brings you up to 'average' levels tbh) and boosts Agito/Orotiagito by 30%atp and 20ata. Yata Mirror gives 20% attack speed to Kusanagi, which also gets +30ata from unit Yasakani Magatama (does not stack like proof of sword saint which also works on kusanagi iirc). Tellusis mag and Excalibur which gives 20% attack speed and +10edk +10elt when equipped together, and then finally there is the Gratia shield which gives +30ata and 20% attack speed with any yasminkov series (including hand of justice) and -20ata (1 through 4) or -30ata (riv5) with any rianov series. Granted some of these are only 2 part sets, but they are still bonuses that require using specific equipment together. Afaik there is no set bonus for DF Field and DF Shield (it stands for Dark Falz, not Dark Flow in this instance) but info about these items is limited.

I was doing some extra testing this morning with Crimson Coat + Red Saber and I can conclude that the bonus 50% atp does affect both grind and attributes, and also reconfirm that attribute do affect grindATP. Tested using normal attacks with red sabe,r with 0% and 100% native, with 0 and 78 grind, with and without crimson coat on. Displayed atp from grind increased from +156 to +234 (50% more) as well as expected damage increase from it. Comparing grind to no grind with 2-3 c/pow on depending on armor (i.e. functionally same atp as the 156/234 atp) yielded different amount of damage bonuses with and without attributes in ranges consistent with the atp of the grind (approx 30/45 more damage with grind vs equivalent c/pow non-grind, 1/5 of the grind atp). When comparing attribute to no attribute, the damage bonus from Crimson Coat increased it +50% (approx. 85/125 extra damage from attribute, 1/5 of atp as expected). I might do more testing on the db and flowen set bonuses in the future but currently working on other things.

• Like 2

Argh, figures...  Those bonuses only work with the armor on with the non-special/weaker variants of those swords.  *facepalm*

Still, it's something to look forward to in the future it seems as Saith is on it.  ^_^

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trigunman said:

Argh, figures...  Those bonuses only work with the armor on with the non-special/weaker variants of those swords.  *facepalm*

Still, it's something to look forward to in the future it seems as Saith is on it.  ^_^

It's actually not that simple. Replica flowen's is far stronger than nearly all fake flowen models besides the real one, and is technically stronger if you have the set bonus.
Real Flowens 300-320atp  85grind  34ata,   490 total atp
3079 Flowen 290-300at     9grind,  25ata,  318 total atp
Rep Flowens 230-300atp  21grind  28ata,   342 total atp
Set  Flowens ??? -450atp,        342 x 1.5 = 513 total atp
If minATP is affected equally, then 408-513 total ATP for replica with set, averaging 460atp, whereas real flowens is 480 average, so it's relatively close but replica can hit higher potentially. Similarly, this is true of replica and 3079(second best model) as well, with the 3079 averaging 308atp and replica averaging 307atp, with replica having a larger variable and potentially higher numbers. This is also combined with the fact that you can put charge on replica instead of spirit, allowing use on more hunters and less costly overall (spirit is fluid heavy and becomes unusable below 11 tp). It does however have 6 less ata than the real one and 3 more than the 3079, though it's far more than the other models which have 5, 7, 9, 12, 13, 15, 17, and 19 ata only.

As for the DB's sabers, the replica is stronger than most but there is one replica that is comparably strong to it without set, the 3064 model. The ata across the different models is also much better overall (ranging 21, 27, 29, 29, 30, 34, 40, and 48) than with the flowen's which have abysmally low on most of them.
DB 3075   300-340atp, 85grind, 40ata,    510 total atp,      average 490  
DB 3064   289-301atp, 18grind, 48ata,    337 total atp,      average 331
DB Saber  200-250atp, 44grind, 43ata     338 total atp,      average 313
DB Set      ???-375atp,      338 x 1.5 =     507 total atp,     average 482
None of the db's weapons have a special on them though, so there is no potential advantage like with flowens. The atp variables are the basically the same for 3075 and replica, and the replica also has more ata than the 3075 by 3 (but falls short of the 2nd best model by 5) so technically the replica with the set has the arguable overall advantage here, as the variable and max atp differences are negligibly small.

With both DB's and Flowen's weapons, the 9star replica isn't a bad option overall. They are on par with the 2nd best model without the set, and with the set are raised to be comparable to the best models. They also can be acquired at earlier difficulties and have lower requirements, so they can be used much quicker.
If I could do set bonus changes, I would definitely want to extend at least DB's set to include the 3075 model (and create new item sets too). However, I would be hesitant to extend db's set bonus to Zanba (the weapon that the actual DB wields in game when you fight alongside him), and the same goes for Flowen's bonus and the respective 3084, as those swords are already arguably the strongest swords in the game by a wide margin with their sacrificial specials.

• Thanks 2

Not sure if its possible but I always thought it would be cool to be able to add hit to gear using pds. So basically an expansion of gallons shop or something. Not asking for hit event rates but maybe like 99pd can add 15 or 20hit to weapons . 

Perhaps find a way to include a setting that lets us log out of a specific charater rather then the whole game in order to swap characters

On 10/28/2018 at 3:53 AM, ipolyr said:

Release a Cure/All medical unit!

No. State/Maintenance was removed after dreamcast (and sacred guard was altered to not have same effect). You have to decide what cures you need to bring to quests, not going to make one that just does everything.

13 hours ago, Psoangel said:

Perhaps find a way to include a setting that lets us log out of a specific charater rather then the whole game in order to swap characters

Unfortunately, I don't believe this is possible to do.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fyrewolf5 said:

Unfortunately, I don't believe this is possible to do.

I've seen private server games that had similar log ins such as this one where u had to exit the game play entirely to swap characters in the original games manage to make this feature, and while not having this feature does in fact give me a sense of nostalgia from having played the Sega introduced PC beta for blue burst, it also irritates me now just as much as it did back then. I mean if other private servers (for different games) can mange to include this then I personally think that unless the coding prevents it; it should at least be a feasible project to attempt.

Is not possible, for the reason you exposed.

Other games are... well... other games and is not like we can magically copy such thing.

• Like 2

Item/weapon with the word "phylactery" in it when

I would definitely be interested in a hardcore mode

1x  or 2x exp rate, locked.

Everyone in hc mode would be on the same team, so chat with fellow hc people would be possible.

It would pretty much make the game fresh, cuz you wouldn't be able to trade for good gear from non hc players.

Well you could but not normal items for hc items.

It would actually make it's own market and add even more replayability to the game.

Plus the thrill of actually dying would be amazing.

Maybe give chars an extra hp boost, but not enough to make it weak, like 100 or something, an extra hit or 2.

I'd definitely play it

Edited by duja1001

Give HUcast enough ATA to use Macho Blades 

46 minutes ago, Dutch Ride said:

Give HUcast enough ATA to use Macho Blades 

I believe the weapon requirement was specifically chosen in order to prevent Hucast from using these.

But I need more power!

200w_d.gif 

Edited by Dutch Ride