Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

I did ask them for their quest documentation and tools.  They never responded D:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Lemon said:

I did ask them for their quest documentation and tools.  They never responded D:

Harass them until you get a response of some sort. Bothering our distributors and suppliers until I get results, or at least a response of some sort typically works for me. You're a programmer right? Automate it. Write a script to send the same email every day lol, cycled through different email addresses. Worst case: they ignore you.

17 minutes ago, HK-47 said:

Harass them until you get a response of some sort. Bothering our distributors and suppliers until I get results, or at least a response of some sort typically works for me. You're a programmer right? Automate it. Write a script to send the same email every day lol, cycled through different email addresses. Worst case: they ignore you.

I could, but that seems like a good way to bring legal action down on the server.  Anyway, I don't have the email anymore

15 hours ago, Soly said:

Actually, more like many pieces of code executed based on the item you equip, like an if/else but not really.

pIvKZxD.gif

Doubt anyone has actually asked really... and doubt more that such thing is gonna fly.

Maybe I can give you an example
https://www.pcgamer.com/a-coder-spent-1200-hours-reverse-engineering-diablos-source-code/

That said he took 1200+ hours over the course of a year(ish)
That sounds sort of OK, but then you see that he found some leaks including symbol files (which are basically instructions of how stuff is put together, function names, etc), is not close to a source code but is a great head start to someone doing something like this.

So what kind of changes can you make to PSO without access to the source code? I have a little bit of programming experience, but it is pretty limited in scope (MatLab simulation programming, and a bit of Basic Stamp & C++). I would really like to help give you ideas for improvement that are actually workable. Unfortunately, I don't know much about what your limitations are, and how PSO itself is written (which as far as I can tell seems to be "badly"). Is there a thread somewhere describing PSO's structure and how you guys alter it?

3 minutes ago, Lemon said:

I could, but that seems like a good way to bring legal action down on the server.  Anyway, I don't have the email anymore

Oh I meant with an outside email address. Like a series of sockpuppet Yahoo accounts or mailinator or something. I would not recommend mentioning the server AT ALL unless you are talking to someone who is being helpful.

Edited by HK-47

6 hours ago, HK-47 said:

Is there a thread somewhere describing PSO's structure and how you guys alter it?

There is none, in Ultima, I am the only one who deals with modifying the game's code.

6 hours ago, HK-47 said:

Unfortunately, I don't know much about what your limitations are, and how PSO itself is written (which as far as I can tell seems to be "badly").

Is not much about how badly it is written (which I am sure the original source code was awful) the problem, mostly, is that to make changes and stuff I have to work in assembly.

6 hours ago, HK-47 said:

So what kind of changes can you make to PSO without access to the source code? I have a little bit of programming experience, but it is pretty limited in scope (MatLab simulation programming, and a bit of Basic Stamp & C++). I would really like to help give you ideas for improvement that are actually workable

There is actually many things, but mostly "small" modifications, not "new features".

6 minutes ago, Colorado Wilson said:

Is it possible to make it so that light attacks don't pick things up?

Change your buttons. Unless you play with a controller. I’ve been playing KB for years and all you can do is switch your H attack to the other key.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Starlord said:

Change your buttons. Unless you play with a controller. I’ve been playing KB for years and all you can do is switch your H attack to the other key.

I play with KB, but I really actually enjoy having my set up as H(<-), L, S(->) so would be kinda cool if it was possible.

6 minutes ago, Colorado Wilson said:

I play with KB, but I really actually enjoy having my set up as H(<-), L, S(->) so would be kinda cool if it was possible.

I know some guys I used to TA with back in the old server changed and got used to having normal attack here < instead of v. Or they would be full when they were doing TA runs so it wouldn’t ruin anything like trap shooting etc

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

was wondering if it was possible to finally get the shop to have all items at all times. its annoying having to create new characters just to get monomates :(. I know ephinea have done this.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Shoutgu said:

was wondering if it was possible to finally get the shop to have all items at all times. its annoying having to create new characters just to get monomates :(. I know ephinea have done this.

This and shops not having Trimates/fluids or Sol/Star Atomizers at times as well when you need to restock on them.

Edited by Colt

54 minutes ago, Shoutgu said:

51 minutes ago, Colt said:

This and shops not having Trimates/fluids or Sol/Star Atomizers at times as well when you need to restock on them.

51 minutes ago, Ricardo Gomes said:

Lemon already maded a quest where you can get them all in shop, i think its not hard to bring them outside quest

This is something that Soly has been working on, and has been implemented on the new version of the server (afaik).  The file format for shops on the old server is not conducive of this change, since you'd have to edit all 30,000 or so shop variations.

Also, @Ricardo Gomes is correct.  Lemon's Shop under Ep2 > Solo Mode > Side Story sells all mag foods at all times.  It will also allow you to break Photon Spheres into Photon Drops (and vise versa) as of v1.02. Not sure if that version is live yet, but you should be able to buy all the crunchy squishy mag food you want either way.

Edited by Lemon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1