shion255

Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

1,523 posts in this topic

Idea to improve the forum.

1. Add a new chatbox called "Jukebox" that is for embedded youtube videos only.

2. Add a way to minimize/hide chatbox and jukebox.

23 minutes ago, Eres said:

Idea to improve the forum.

1. Add a new chatbox called "Jukebox" that is for embedded youtube videos only.

2. Add a way to minimize/hide chatbox and jukebox.

I am massively in favour of jukebox (although not sure how many folk besides us would use it haha)

Idea for the "sort" option in items. The top and default option is "Automatically" which you don't need/want most of the time. Would it be possible to switch the positions of "Automatically"/"Manually" so the latter is the default option?

1 hour ago, El Socko said:

Idea for the "sort" option in items. The top and default option is "Automatically" which you don't need/want most of the time. Would it be possible to switch the positions of "Automatically"/"Manually" so the latter is the default option?

Doubt it... I mean, yes but not without spending some time looking for that in the client.

Wow, personally, I use the "Automatically" much more often than "Manually". It's nice to have your things directly ordered especially when you change stuff from character and everything gets messy. Therefore, that's the kind of change I would not like to see... too much work on it just for switching a position. Better leave it as it is, people are already used to it anyway and it's not like it's a long list.

Tip : If your "down arrow" key becomes too hard to press, buy a new keyboard. Even if you have a laptop, there is usb keyboards nowadays.

56 minutes ago, Misombre said:

Wow, personally, I use the "Automatically" much more often than "Manually". It's nice to have your things directly ordered especially when you change stuff from character and everything gets messy. Therefore, that's the kind of change I would not like to see... too much work on it just for switching a position. Better leave it as it is, people are already used to it anyway and it's not like it's a long list.

Tip : If your "down arrow" key becomes too hard to press, buy a new keyboard. Even if you have a laptop, there is usb keyboards nowadays.

That's not always nice though. Weapons especially you often wanted sorted a particular way, so that you can reach specific ones easily in quickmenu, and have items sorted specially too.

Edited by Fyrewolf5

1 hour ago, Misombre said:

Are you serious?

I play with a controller, and regardless, that's not the issue here, my keyboard works perfectly thank you.

Most players will often change their weapon order for specific quests/areas, sometimes even during a quest. In contrast, the automatic sorting isn't needed that often. I usually only use it once in a while after changing around a lot of items to get the general order (weps at top, then armor etc.) in place, but then it's definitely gonna be sorted manually as the automatic sorting doesn't put the weapons into an order that I like.

Just what Saith said here.

To clarify this idea, I don't need it implemented, it was just a thought, but in my view it should have been like this from the very first iteration of PSO ...

Edited by El Socko

The "tip" thing was pure irony ^^ like, "is that too hard to pick between two options". But seems like my bad sense of humor was not able to reach you.

Also, I don't say am not using the "Manually" or that it's useless. Not at all. Of course weapons needs to be sorted since "automatic" do a bad job here. But before using the manually one, I always first use the automatic one. That was just my point, at the end I use both pretty much equally.