Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

You can try to find people in the lobby to give you a hand. This is an online game after all :onion88:

well half the population has language barriers so fair shots at soloing basic quests would be ideal and making the idea of starting a new pso character is more appealing.

What about replacing the Love Rappy during July, with the Toy Rappy skin from Episode 3? That way there's a rare Rappy to hunt during the summer (long gap between Easter and Halloween).

62b2cc2b-5b7a-490c-bc80-9d5f258a6486_zps

It would be really nice if the shops always sold Trimates, Trifluids, and Sol Atomizers. It's just a silly inconvenience to have to pipe 3 or 4 times to buy Trimates for a cast.

whiles it's entirely possible to alter the shop (i did some minor changes to remove grinders and add scapedolls in their place), it's actually a hassle to make major changes, because the shop is actually a collection of hundreds of logs with one selected at random.

I mean it is technically feasible, to remove the shop in it's current form, say the item shop in this example, and replace it with a static list while removing it's random elements, such as techs and the random scape doll.

Ex new shop would only always have this no matter your lvl:

Monomate 50
Dimate 300
Trimate 2000
Monofluid 100
Difluid 500
Trifluid 3600
Sol Atmoizer 300
Moon Atomizer 500
Star Atomizer 5000
Antidote 60
Antiparalysis 60
Telepipe 350
Trap Vision 100

Anyway something like this would be larva's call to make.

A static list easily editable shop could also have other things placed in it for events or stuff. Anyway you get the point.

Edited by Lee
  • Like 1

whiles it's entirely possible to alter the shop (i did some minor changes to remove grinders and add scapedolls in their place), it's actually a hassle to make major changes, because the shop is actually a collection of hundreds of logs with one selected at random.

I mean it is technically feasible, to remove the shop in it's current form, say the item shop in this example, and replace it with a static list while removing it's random elements, such as techs and the random scape doll.

Monomate 50
Dimate 300
Trimate 2000
Monofluid 100
Difluid 500
Trifluid 3600
Sol Atmoizer 300
Moon Atomizer 500
Star Atomizer 5000
Antidote 60
Antiparalysis 60
Telepipe 350
Trap Vision 100

A static list easily editable shop could also have other things placed in it for events or stuff. Anyway you get the point.

Hmm interesting lets talk about it hehe.

• 2 weeks later...

If possible, I'd also suggest adding Ryuker, Resta lv. 1 and foie lv.1. That way new forces aren't screwed.

And if it's possible, could you change the sell rate for S-Ranks to 1,000, 5,000 and 10,000 (10 star, 11 star, 12 star respectively)?

• 2 weeks later...

Monomate 50
Dimate 300
Trimate 2000
Monofluid 100
Difluid 500
Trifluid 3600
Sol Atmoizer 300
Moon Atomizer 500
Star Atomizer 5000
Antidote 60
Antiparalysis 60
Telepipe 350
Trap Vision 100

Agreed, but some itens should be drop only, like:

Sol Atomizer

Star Atomizer

Moon Atomizer

Trap Search

With that, Forces will be more needed is parties

If possible, I'd also suggest adding Ryuker, Resta lv. 1 and foie lv.1. That way new forces aren't screwed.

And if it's possible, could you change the sell rate for S-Ranks to 1,000, 5,000 and 10,000 (10 star, 11 star, 12 star respectively)?

weapons actually have a formula for their price, well most do anyway, but it ends up being ridiculous because, basically it's based on their min / max atp and their ata if i remember right, they changed it when they moved to v3 on the dreamcast to just lockdown all weapons above 8 stars to 10 gold on sale.

It is possible to fully randomise techniques and lvls and scale it off the level of the game.

Like say

Normal: techs lvl. 1-5

Hard: techs lvl. 6-10

VHard: tech lvl. 11 - 15

Ult: techs lvl. 16 - 25

The code would have to be totally changed though to generate the shop packet in the memory, probably have to look at the packets flags and test them all to be able to do this properly, I remember once schthack told me he wanted to generate the shop but didn't have the willpower to test the packet flags out all by himself so he just had users grab static logs, much like soda grabbed logs. He did tell me the one attempt he made to make a customised packet he just crashed, but he didn't know about a few things we know now about how the game generates them.

I know this is a bit smaller of a detail, but I feel it important.

Every time you finish a quest, rather than sending you back to your current Party, it send you all the way back to the lobby, where you must create a new lobby in order to start another quest.

This can get very tedious and annoying for people who want to play through the original story of the game.

Would it be possible to change it to where it simply kept you in the party and continued on Pioneer?

Or at the very least make it an option?

- Thanks for you time! ^^

the original story of the game is not played through quests anyway. it's the warp down to ragol and following ricos slow demise etc.

what you ask is not going to be done because of how pso works. it flush's the active quest by resetting the room and kicking everyone

the original story of the game is not played through quests anyway. it's the warp down to ragol and following ricos slow demise etc.

what you ask is not going to be done because of how pso works. it flush's the active quest by resetting the room and kicking everyone

That is unfortunate :<

(The quests offer you answers and allow you to explore/ level whilst figuring out what happened/ is happening)

Well, I asked ^^ That is all I can really do!

thank you for the reply :3

A second bank NPC thts works as Common Bank, this I massively miss frim Schthack!. The Prestige system explained in another Topic would be nice.

A system that I've thought alot about would be a Level based rebalancing of Experience and Drop Rates. At set intervals I would reduce experience gained, but increase drop rates, something like:

Level 1-39:

5x Experience

1x Drop Rate

Level 40-79:

4x Experience

2x Drop Rate

Level 80-119:

3x Experience

3x Drop Rate

Level 120-159:

2x Eperience

4x Drop Rate