Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Ever considered a balance patch? Something to bring some overlooked weapons up to par, nerf some OP ones, etc? It'd give people more choice in what they go after instead of only having one or two items from each holiday being actually useful.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

This might not be possible, but anyway, here's an idea:

A shop were you can exchange good semi-rares with 50 hit for a small amount of PDs.

Example
LAVIS CANNON [x/x/xx|50] - 5 pds
OPHELIE SEIZE [x/x/x/x|50] - 4 pds
FROM THE DEPTHS  - 5 pds 

Why?

1. Let's face it. The market outside fully sphered 80 hit endgame gear is more or less dead.

I have done a lot of P/C since I came back, for example a RAMBLING MAY [0/0/40/50|40] which most people placed around 15 DTs. However, they forgot one thing... who is gonna buy it? 

99% of people still playing on this server have much better gear, so even if it is a rather good find it is more or less worthless since there is no market for it.

2. It might give new players and returning players a reason to stay and play even between events. 

Because now they actually have an incentive hunting these rares to gather some PDs for that Hylian Shield they been trying to get for so long.

3. Giving away low or semi-rares to new players will no longer affect the market.

This will be controversial, but here we go:
Veteran players who give away semi-rare, decent gear to new players actually kills the market for thoose players. 

Don't get me wrong. The community here is amazing, friendly and very generous - but - the only market for new players to sell their semi-rares for a few PDs are to other new players. However, if they already got that gear for free there are no reason for them to buy it.

So, what is the problem here? You can also get items for free! 

Yes, but I rarely or ever get a C/Battle for free. So in means to gather PDs for that C/battle I have to find thoose PDs somewhere else.

Therefore, if there is no market even for a good semi-rare as a Lavis Cannon 50 hit, well that is gonna be a long journey and uphill battle which many might not be up to and therefore looking for other servers.

4. You can rotate what is possible to exchange

Which will give people a reason to play a wide variety of quests during a year.

5. The above is my personal observations.

Myself and my friends play for other reasons than striving for endgame gear:
Nostalgia, having fun with whatever we have, testing new items and just chilling. 

Edited by InCiDeR
Added 4

I suggest make the recipe with Proof of Sonic Team instead of stellar shard because no one wants to use SS for this instead of Neutron or MF

I don't think we're going to change any combination.

If it's possible, add a sound effect to the mag timer. It's one of the most useful commands for newer players/players feeding mags while trying to be efficient about feeding them during quests, but if you afk feed (as tons of people do), it would be nice to have something you can hear from another room.

Good stuff

Sometimes Shiida (maybe others) does a thing where, for example, "If I can see 5 different section ID chairs in Lobby 5 I'll activate HH." This kicks ass and is great community engagement. So much more of that would be great. 

I do that only for the fun. I never expect people to actually fail, because I know how that could be frustrating to miss on a happy hour.

Ever considered a balance patch? Something to bring some overlooked weapons up to par, nerf some OP ones, etc?

Nerfing long time weapons has always been a touchy subject so I avoid getting into that.

This might not be possible, but anyway, here's an idea:

A shop were you can exchange good semi-rares with 50 hit for a small amount of PDs.

Example
LAVIS CANNON [x/x/xx|50] - 5 pds
OPHELIE SEIZE [x/x/x/x|50] - 4 pds
FROM THE DEPTHS  - 5 pds 

That is technically "possible" it would be a HUGE hassle to script such a quest and define the value of every single item.

That is technically "possible" it would be a HUGE hassle to script such a quest and define the value of every single item.

Thank you for your answer, R-78.

Yes, I figured as much.

Therefore I did a small edit:

4. You can rotate what is possible to exchange

Which will give people a reason to play a wide variety of quests during a year.

Maybe if there is only few items each rotation, like 5-6, it might be a lesser hassle to figure out exchange rate and what items to put up for an exchange. 

Who knows, it might even make people play different quests than the normal ones!

Edited by InCiDeR

On 10/25/2022 at 12:46 AM, Larva said:

Ok its been a long time since i got to read this topic, but there is a lot good information here that we can use for the future, Thanks !

I have a good idea that would boost the server population greatly .. Bring back the "Real world Trade" it was so good back when it was allowed

9 hours ago, Saber +7 said:

I don’t think that many people care. 

I disagree , when they used to allow rwt there was 100-200 players online at all times . being able to convert your hard earned  time spent hunting  into steam gift card or somthing like that would motivate peoples to play more .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Terrybriggs711 said:

I agree , also im sure alot people would be intersted in buying max wepons for like 30$ gift cards .

Thing with this idea though its a nice one , it would bring all the scammers hackers and dupers out the woodwork . How are you going to make sure non of the above happens . As we all know from past sega experiences once the economy is corrupted it breaks the game.

I think this is a really poor evaluation of things. It’s unlikely the population was ever tied to the fact we “could” rmt. I’d also like to point out rmt was never just allowed. There were grey areas that were left unaddressed during certain periods like gift cards or RuneScape gold. In general though rmt has always been forbidden. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Saber +7 said:

I think this is a really poor evaluation of things. It’s unlikely the population was ever tied to the fact we “could” rmt. I’d also like to point out rmt was never just allowed. There were grey areas that were left unaddressed during certain periods like gift cards or RuneScape gold. In general though rmt has always been forbidden. 

I disagree , steam and google gift cards where clearly allowed  at some points and that is indefinitly rwt , i can remember buying and selling items for steam gift cards right here on forums and it was perfectly allowed. it was not a grey area at all , it was clearly stated that steam gift cards and other gift cards where allowed .

11 hours ago, ink said:

Thing with this idea though its a nice one , it would bring all the scammers hackers and dupers out the woodwork . How are you going to make sure non of the above happens . As we all know from past sega experiences once the economy is corrupted it breaks the game.

when this was allowed there was 100-200 players on the sever and I cant

remember hackers and dupers crawlling out of the "woodwork" that was never a problem , 99% of those rwt trade where done right on forums with trusted veteran players

Edited by Terrybriggs711