Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

Just now, wade1212 said:

This is basically already made on other server. It’s called Nightmare. In the seabed it destroys all. 

Oh what? Then I double down on it

1 minute ago, C01D1 said:

Oh what? Then I double down on it

Yami + item called dark matter = Nightmare. A lot of items there are, I think specifically made for seabed runs.   So for sure your idea is possible. 

249DFB86-F712-49B2-B9C8-A1D67EAC8C1A.png

Just now, wade1212 said:

Yami + item called dark matter = Nightmare. A lot of items there are, I think specifically made for seabed runs.   So for sure your idea is possible. 

249DFB86-F712-49B2-B9C8-A1D67EAC8C1A.png

Wow.... How in the hell I thought I manifested an original idea.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, C01D1 said:

Wow.... How in the hell I thought I manifested an original idea.

Life = A simulation maybe. 

Weapon doesn't seem too strong or uselessly weak. If you change the combiner to maybe one of the lower tier ones that every one has a bunch of. Gael Giel won't ever be good until it's triggers are changed. At this point we could unlock LK and it probably won't change much since Serene Swan pretty much takes it's slot and is better in most places I think.

i believe lk38 would be fun if raise his ata like bomb chu to never miss but keeping the lock combo because we already saw that wep with unlock combo and is insane even in a fonewearl the damage was like crazy

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, assface said:

i believe lk38 would be fun if raise his ata like bomb chu to never miss but keeping the lock combo because we already saw that wep with unlock combo and is insane even in a fonewearl the damage was like crazy

Even for a FOnewearl? sounds like good to me :onion-head49:

Even for a FOnewearl? sounds like good to me :onion-head49:
yeah its 15 shots in total, when admins see whats fonewearls do at that time with LK they lock it. So in my opinion to the future would be fun at least if they raise the ata because is a slow wep but with 5 shots the issue is that miss even with a lot of hit

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

• Like 2

If your trying to think of a new idea or new way to go with it all maybe it would be cool to somehow put some mini games to play in it. Like maybe you could walk up to an arcade machine somewhere to play them.. Like an arcade or something.. Make it where if you do good enough you could earn some rare items or something.. Or this might not even really be possible to do. I dunno Sorry I'm just spitting off the top of my head here. A lil high.. But I just came back to this game after many years just trying to make a mark or whatever.. & Ty everyone for keeping this game alive..! I think I will go donate a lil $ now ty again ppl.. \(-.-)/

Sleepless.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 1/20/2021 at 5:24 PM, Harvest said:

Back when I originally posted the idea, I spent some time making a dark version of the L&K, but could never actually get it to work due to the strange way you have to import textures. I'm not super tech savvy.

pso1546706889.png

This is the current L&K skin, the one below would retain the barrel colours, and the yellow bits replaced by the red. Theoretically, it should look okay.

L&Kgrey.png

Still advocating for this fine gentleman and his wondrous L&K campaign

Also while you're at it, if y'all could just make techs not completely useless in 66% of the content, that'd be great

• Like 4

12 hours ago, EDEN said:

Still advocating for this fine gentleman and his wondrous L&K campaign

Also while you're at it, if y'all could just make techs not completely useless in 66% of the content, that'd be great

At this point I don't think LK would be better than any of the other options. Whether it were to happen or not it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of play. If I’m honest it’s would be yet another tool that makes hucast even better than the other classes. I’m surprised y’all are interested in that. 

I think it's really time to revisit the idea of quests being available in One-Player Mode. It would give a place for people to play alone if they were to want to. Additionally that's a space where techs are not just viable, but usually dominant compared to other options. It's not exactly a "fix" to making techs stronger in the current landscape, but giving them a space where they do excel. On this same topic I think techs would feel a lot less bad if the DMC was a bit more manageable (DMC patch is something that could very well happen). 

Techs already have some pretty crazy boost items here on Ultima. I think a lot of the time when people feel they are being unusually weak with techs it's because they're casting Rafoie on a FOmarl wearing Sonic Team Armor and a Red Ring. If players were to match the proper enemies with the proper elements along with the proper frames / shields I think they'd often find themselves feeling stronger.

There's not really a good guide on this or a place to look I think (especially not one related to specifically Ultima). Perhaps someone could make something like that so people could have an easy space to see what enemies are weak to what techs and a few different combinations of gear to achieve a high tech boost for that particular tech or type of tech.

Edited by Saber +7
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Saber +7 said:

At this point I don't think LK would be better than any of the other options. Whether it were to happen or not it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of play.

Not every addition to the game has to be meta changing.

While SS would probably outclass unlocked LK38 in typical play, I can see a huge benefit of it being used against Falz invincible mode. I firmly believe that by giving different weapons certain use-case advantages, it adds diversity to the game.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

Not every addition to the game has to be meta changing.

Agreed, which is why I said it doesn’t really matter if it were to happen or not. 

22 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

While SS would probably outclass unlocked LK38 in typical play, I can see a huge benefit of it being used against Falz invincible mode. I firmly believe that by giving different weapons certain use-case advantages, it adds diversity to the game.

I agree sort of. That’s a pretty niche case and I’m sure it’d be worth carrying for that (maybe?). I’d like to point out that Ultima already has INSANE weapon diversity.

HUcast inventory for example I already roll around with 2 Dark Flows, 2 Vjayas, 2 Diska of Bravemen / Slicer of Vengeance, 2 Serene Swans, 1 Psycho Raven, 1 Type ME/Mechgun, 1 Twin Blaze, 1 Lavis Blade and then I have 1 of Asteron Striker / Morolian Blaster and 1 of Kiss of Death / Boomerang.

That’s 14 weapons and there’s really still room for more because I don’t carry around a full PR set like I probably should. No Zal Gun or S-Reds either. No Excalibur (typically). No TJS, Bombchu, Crush Cannon, Daylight Scar, Fury of the Beast, Ten Year Blades, Black King Bar or any of the other weapons that I could be carrying.

That’s enough to literally have a 30/30 inventory of just weapons. It’s true I could slim down and not carry sets but I’d have to visit the bank a lot more. 

Mind you that Armor / Shield / Units / Mag is an additional 7 inventory spaces that you pretty much must have. Then there’s consumables which I typically carry at the least Dimate, Trimate, Sol / Moon Atomizer, and Telepipes. Another 5 slots for a total of 12 slots for non-weapons. I happen to also keep V502 in my inventory because there’s places to swap to it in most quests. 13 slots for me before getting to weapons. 

TLDR: There’s already a lot of weapons. 

Edited by Saber +7