Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

3 minutes ago, Soly said:

You can just read your reply in the other topic xD
Probably too hard to do such thing (increasing bullets per combo)... and even worse the "bullet spread"

I figured that any extreme changes would be difficult, hence the minor-ish changes. Not trying to re-invent the wheel, just hoping that this idea can get some traction and we can have one of the coolest weapons in the game be actually useable.

4 hours ago, Soly said:

You can just read your reply in the other topic xD

[I know :onion-head22: ] It was just an Idea:onion-head28::onion-head65:

4 hours ago, Soly said:

Probably too hard to do such thing (increasing bullets per combo)

Is this hard? :onion-head49: 

I always assumed L&K38 Combat was just an L&K14 Combat converted Into a minigun (technically a shot weapon with shot animation >.<) with 4+ rounds per shot (combo) with just one target (combo locked Included), which seemed pretty simple to me. (Of course, there Is the unusual animation extension on shot animation, despite It seems like an Intact extension)

So I simply thought that extending the number of shots just like the making of L&K38 Combat was a pretty simple deal :onion-head70:

4 hours ago, Soly said:

... and even worse the "bullet spread"

but yeah, this was pretty obvious. There Isn't such a weapon with shot-mechgun animation In the game xD [Imagine It :onion-head09::onion-head79:]

On 1/11/2021 at 11:56 PM, Harvest said:

It's been two years, why not post this again...

New weapon idea: Unlocked L&K38 Combat - Psycho Combat.

Made by using L&K38 and a Psycho Black Crystal (or other modifier, take your pick). Would be reskinned in a black/red style.

The idea is to have it locked to two specific classes, the HUcaseal and RAcaseal. Both of these classes tend to come up short when compared to their male counterparts in damage, so this suggestion is aimed at giving them a weapon with greater range to compensate. There's been a lot of suggestion that this would be ridiculously powerful, and has been tested before, but I did some testing of my own.

With zero ATP, a max-atp HUcassy, no Shifta, and 0% attribute, an unlocked L&K38 does about 175 per strong hit. This means 875 per button push, and a full combo does about 2625 damage. For comparison, a HUcast with the same modifiers using a Psycho Raven will do 536 per strong attack, making it 1608 per button push, and 4824 per full combo. 

This was tested on an Arlan in ultimate, and I don't know if/how buffed the mobs are here as opposed to what I used.

RAcassy has access to MFs as well, which have the autoaim that gives a bit of a lazy boost to it. I think the special range on those are about 130 compared to the L&Ks 170, but a disadvantage of the L&K38 is that if the target even twitches, it'll miss the damn thing. The aiming on it is really difficult compared to several weapons, and it has a longer recovery time than mechguns too. It's very difficult for me to get a proper DPS on them due to this.

One bonus of the L&K38 is that it's not a mechgun. I feel that it's the only type of weapon I seem to use nowadays, if it's not PRs, it's MFs, Last Swan, Yasminkov 9ks, TypeME/Mechs, or even the Samba Maracas/Fiesta. Everything's a mechgun, unless it's a Dark weapon. I'd love some variety that isn't intentionally hamstringing my play.

I'm also suggesting this because the L&K38 combat is an awesome looking gun that is criminally underused due to being locked. Additionally, it's a badass weapon that would be great for female characters, as some of their go-to weapons are covered in hearts and/or love connotations, which is a relic of 20 years ago. 

I'm more than happy to help out with balance testing on the server, if needs be.

TLDR;

- Combine to unlock L&K

- Locked to HUcassy and RAcassy

- Single-target poor-aim awesome looking gun.

prskin.png

Im updooting this post aswell!

• Like 1

On 1/11/2021 at 5:56 PM, Harvest said:

It's been two years, why not post this again...

New weapon idea: Unlocked L&K38 Combat - Psycho Combat.

Made by using L&K38 and a Psycho Black Crystal (or other modifier, take your pick). Would be reskinned in a black/red style.

The idea is to have it locked to two specific classes, the HUcaseal and RAcaseal. Both of these classes tend to come up short when compared to their male counterparts in damage, so this suggestion is aimed at giving them a weapon with greater range to compensate. There's been a lot of suggestion that this would be ridiculously powerful, and has been tested before, but I did some testing of my own.

With zero ATP, a max-atp HUcassy, no Shifta, and 0% attribute, an unlocked L&K38 does about 175 per strong hit. This means 875 per button push, and a full combo does about 2625 damage. For comparison, a HUcast with the same modifiers using a Psycho Raven will do 536 per strong attack, making it 1608 per button push, and 4824 per full combo. 

This was tested on an Arlan in ultimate, and I don't know if/how buffed the mobs are here as opposed to what I used.

RAcassy has access to MFs as well, which have the autoaim that gives a bit of a lazy boost to it. I think the special range on those are about 130 compared to the L&Ks 170, but a disadvantage of the L&K38 is that if the target even twitches, it'll miss the damn thing. The aiming on it is really difficult compared to several weapons, and it has a longer recovery time than mechguns too. It's very difficult for me to get a proper DPS on them due to this.

One bonus of the L&K38 is that it's not a mechgun. I feel that it's the only type of weapon I seem to use nowadays, if it's not PRs, it's MFs, Last Swan, Yasminkov 9ks, TypeME/Mechs, or even the Samba Maracas/Fiesta. Everything's a mechgun, unless it's a Dark weapon. I'd love some variety that isn't intentionally hamstringing my play.

I'm also suggesting this because the L&K38 combat is an awesome looking gun that is criminally underused due to being locked. Additionally, it's a badass weapon that would be great for female characters, as some of their go-to weapons are covered in hearts and/or love connotations, which is a relic of 20 years ago. 

I'm more than happy to help out with balance testing on the server, if needs be.

TLDR;

- Combine to unlock L&K

- Locked to HUcassy and RAcassy

- Single-target poor-aim awesome looking gun.

prskin.png

I am updooting this post.

• Like 2
  • Dw 1

9 hours ago, RocketTots said:

more onionhead

I'm gonna updoot this post :onion-head09::onion92:

(But I didn't speak onion, @RocketTots :onion-head28:

Edited by Kotta

Back when I originally posted the idea, I spent some time making a dark version of the L&K, but could never actually get it to work due to the strange way you have to import textures. I'm not super tech savvy.

pso1546706889.png

This is the current L&K skin, the one below would retain the barrel colours, and the yellow bits replaced by the red. Theoretically, it should look okay.

L&Kgrey.png

Edited by Harvest
  • Like 1

Okay here's my 2 pence , I feel the way to make Ultima better is sort out the DMC I am able to run quests faster solo than in a party due to this , stops me wanting to join others . Don't see the point in having demon for a special if i'm killing the same delbiter 5x due to dmc (e.g.) . 

Mass server bank wipes only allow the 30 items on the characters to stay. Put the game back on a level for trade and for new people starting  out .  

No more Naka cards , it has killed 1/3 of the game content as no one will try challenge mode.  De valued S'ranks ,to the point not worth trading.

Make Teams worth while ,there is no leader boards no un lockable quest like pod for teams to head for ,so why be in a team?

18 minutes ago, ink said:

No more Naka cards , it has killed 1/3 of the game content as no one will try challenge mode.  De valued S'ranks ,to the point not worth trading.

Doesn't Nakas Cards' function change annually? :onion-head49:

23 minutes ago, jdhenry124 said:

people still play challenge mode all the time between events but for a couple months out of the year ink and abercio cant make as many pds/dts from their business selling S ranks so I guess we got to get rid of them

NO they dont its only me that does cmode on this server now , ive been running it for the year taking people through , you only have to check in lobby to see the titles displayed i can count on 1 hand and thats when the server has 70+ population

Edited by ink
None

6 hours ago, TheIronSheik said:

You're thinking of New Years Cards

Before this year's anniversary event, Nakas Cards's function was "to add special to a weapon with no special".

As for the NYCs, as far as I know, I've never heard of them until 2019's christmas. (Because I came for the first time to the forum during 2019's anniversary :D )

14 minutes ago, Kotta said:

Before this year's anniversary event, Nakas Cards's function was "to add special to a weapon with no special".

Think you are still mixed up a bit , Naka has been exchanged for sranks with added special of your choice for last 3 years as far as i know.

NYC has its option changed each year once was mag stat colour change another time was added % to weapons

But like i have also said mass bank wipes only keep your 30 item inventory reset the playing field i see no one has quoted that yet !

Edited by ink
  • Like 1

There's only 70 people on this server during events when HH is on, so of course no one is going to be doing challenge mode during that time. Before Halloween there were people running Cmode every night when I got on. I have been able to run Cmode whenever I want if I simply just ask people to play with me.

Just like a quest that requires multiple people, Cmode requires some coordination to get a room up. I've never had any problem finding people to play Cmode with me, and specifically there's lots of guys on triforce that are always down to do Cmode with me. If you were able to spend the whole year "taking people through Cmode" it sounds like you didn't have much trouble either.

Nakas aren't a problem. Maybe adding the option to use 1 naka to add a special to an existing Srank would be nice. But it's not like getting three is super easy. After I finally got my STA last event I spent a couple HHs just running barba and only averaged one naka per HH. So getting 3 can take up to 9 hours of HH