Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

2 hours ago, R-78 said:

As you said, for those who like gambling. I don't. RNG already scared off lot of people from PSO (like when you spent a whole christmas event for PGF and didn't find the said PGF).

If this had to be a thing, I'd rather have Photon sphere add a straight 10 hit with a 100% chance. But that would require some Qedit expert.

The reason I'm using the enemy weapon hit game as a template is that it get progressively harder the more hit you want. And the entire point of this would be to help new players and eliminate the grind of hunting for weeks to find a hit weapon. Making the cost a sphere seems like it only caters to veterans who have deep pockets

2 hours ago, R-78 said:

Nothing could ever be comparable to FS/SQ efficiency on ramar/ramarl. SQ has a 100% chance of freezing while any Blizzard special is just too weak on non cast classes.

And just in case you didn't know, freeze also depends on enemy's ESP, which means a lot of monsters are immune to blizzard (while they are not immune to FS/SQ).

Fair enough, but the original idea I posted was for a Yas series shot with customizable specials. Rather than relying on type shots or non-rare shots.

2 hours ago, R-78 said:

Considered that already. But what special?

Hell would just make Rianov-5 totally outclass Le Cogneur which is a single target weapon with weaker ATA.

Any sacrificial special would pretty much make it broken regarding what it's worth, especially against Dal ra lie / Barba ray.

Demon's... was supposed to be Ultima bringer's purpose.

Zalure would kill the last useful purpose of S rank weapons on ultima.

HP drain? ...

Demons would work since bringers rifles are still just entry-level demons gear (I doubt a 50hit rainov would sell for 10pds) and could still be used by forces. While rainov is ranger only

Surely we aren't using del ra lie as the standard for what's broken? The boss dies in 30 seconds if you are even a little geared.

Gush would be useful, even burning would be useful as you could hit shiny Falz. Chaos would also have it's uses.

2 hours ago, R-78 said:

I like how you would need to do something in order to unlock Green names and not just wait for it, but GN also has its disadvantages: prevents people from hunting Rianov 5 in ep IV, Lame d'argent, Alis resolve and make mage runs more difficult. 1.5X drop rate combined to HH to make it 4.5X does not sound reasonnable.

These are just examples I pulled from the top of my head, but I think these still work. It would take the server a couple weeks to hit a million kills (when I'm rafoie-ing on normal to unseal I still could only hit around 16k kills max in one day) so green names would only last for a couple weeks in this scenario. 

And I never said the drop rate had to stack. If it's not possible to do without stacking then there can simply be a different reward. Like guaranteed daily HHs, or lower drop rate on an item like red ring for the remainder of the month. Or the addition of an event item to the drop tables out of season. Etc.

Edited by jdhenry124

3 hours ago, wade1212 said:

its only an idea, posted in the ideas to improve thread.  

I'd rather not copy Destiny ideas.

2 hours ago, jdhenry124 said:

Making the cost a sphere seems like it only caters to veterans who have deep pockets

At least you could make it. Originally in PSO it was impossible to add hit at all (except enemy parts), so in my honest opinion giving an alternative to DTs for adding hit would be good enough. The PS was juste a reference, could add other options like there are in Paganini to add less stats for fewer PDs.

Fair enough, but the original idea I posted was for a Yas series shot with customizable specials. Rather than relying on type shots 

Now I'm concerned about the latter part. Why would you want to release a weapon that just acts like a replacement for a weapon that even someone new to Ultima could easily get in Beak's Cafe with a bit of work?

Demons would work since bringers rifles are still just entry-level demons gear (I doubt a 50hit rainov would sell for 10pds) and could still be used by forces.

I said Ultima Bringer, not Bringer's Rifle.

Surely we aren't using del ra lie as the standard for what's broken? The boss dies in 30 seconds if you are even a little geared.

That was just an example.

Rianov special would hit stronger than DM special if it had a sacrificial special.

even burning would be useful as you could hit shiny Falz.

I think you are overestimating the power of Burning.

Burning does exactly the same damage amount whatever weapon you use, whatever grind and attributes% your weapon has, whatever MST you have. And guess what's the damage output on Ultimate Dark Falz ?

Spoiler

unknown.png

So if Burning is gonna help you just for Dark Falz, then it is even worse than Rianov's original special. Better use a mechgun type weapon (yasminkov 9000M) at this point so at least it hits 89 x 3.

Chaos would also have it's uses.

Since I started playing on Ultima, I literally never seen anyone using Chaos special for serious purposes. It would be as useful as Dark. And I have actually already seen someone using Dark.

Spoiler

Myself.

• Like 1

[Well, since someone already made a mention of… V503?:onion93:]

What about V102 (Exactly a V101 but Cent Battle ark speed. Maybe just combine each other, V101 & Cent Battle :D )

And V802, which just decrease gifoie's after-casting time, If just a bit ;] [not sure If Including a slight boost In MST, too]

(Though fast-spamming Gifoie would break the game, maybe xD)

1 hour ago, Kotta said:

[Well, since someone already made a mention of… V503?:onion93:]

What about V102 (Exactly a V101 but Cent Battle ark speed. Maybe just combine each other, V101 & Cent Battle :D )

And V802, which just decrease gifoie's after-casting time, If just a bit ;] [not sure If Including a slight boost In MST, too]

(Though fast-spamming Gifoie would break the game, maybe xD)

Faster gif casting would be absolutely insane. None of these items need to be made. There’s hundreds of items on PSO and the nature of DTs enables so many more to be useful. The game does not need anymore new items. If anything some items should be removed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, R-78 said:

I said Ultima Bringer, not Bringer's Rifle.

That was just an example.

Rianov special would hit stronger than DM special if it had a sacrificial special.

I think you are overestimating the power of Burning.

Burning does exactly the same damage amount whatever weapon you use, whatever grind and attributes% your weapon has, whatever MST you have. And guess what's the damage output on Ultimate Dark Falz ?

Sensitive Information here (Reveal hidden contents)

unknown.png

So if Burning is gonna help you just for Dark Falz, then it is even worse than Rianov's original special. Better use a mechgun type weapon (yasminkov 9000M) at this point so at least it hits 89 x 3.

Since I started playing on Ultima, I literally never seen anyone using Chaos special for serious purposes. It would be as useful as Dark. And I have actually already seen someone using Dark.

Names (Reveal hidden contents)

Myself.

Isn't Ultima bringer only equip able by three classes? Or is the item database wrong again?

I was just using burning as an example of how literally any special would be more useful than rainovs current one. As in it would be nice to be able to hit Falz when he goes white and shiny in the final phase (perhaps I was being hyperbolic, but I don't like sitting around waiting for him to change back). And I would use a chaos piercing rifle for baranz if I had one available. I've seen people use choas all the time through traps but as I'm not a cast, I don't really bother with it

I would also be interested in seeing what kind of damage a beserk special rainov5 would put out. My charge TYB with 100% machine does around 2k damage on epsis with my Sue's coat huney, so I'm guessing a rianov would be in the 1.5k area 🤔

Edited by jdhenry124

3 hours ago, Saber +7 said:

Faster gif casting would be absolutely insane. None of these items need to be made. There’s hundreds of items on PSO and the nature of DTs enables so many more to be useful. The game does not need anymore new items. If anything some items should be removed. 

LoL, I know. I mean, my game constantly crashes over many things, so I have to be careful about It >.<

But I will still hold up for the V102 :D Still looking forward to a full Max Stat Ramarl :onion-head11:

[Even If It requires a Centurion Ability :onion-head09: https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/tool-box/calculators/max-stats/&c=11&l=200&m10=54&m11=44&m12=98&m13=39&m14=15&m15=0&m16=0&m20=0&m21=177&m22=23&m23=0&i0=91&i1=39&i2=73&i3=78&i4=75&i5=91 ]

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I feel like with the declining population of Ultima (and PSO in general), there should be more incentive to play with others. As it stands on Ultima, there's not much of an incentive to play with others, since there's DAR reduction as well as DMC. I think to incentivize people to play together more, either get rid of DAR reduction or have a positive gain with multiple people. That or implement a system similar to HBR where you can do certain quests to improve your DAR and also promote playing outside of events as well.

• Like 5

We had this discussion in the chat, but I might as well formalize it.

Ultima Bringers doesn't really have much incentive to be found other than it being a collectors item. Its benefit over regular bringers is that it makes megid pierce (only good for the female forces) and that Humar can equip it, while being unequippable by male forces or rangers. Regular Bringers has an inherit advantage that it can get hit added to it relatively easily with PC's whereas Ultima Bringers needs to be found with hit.

The suggestion that came up was to make Ultima Bringers penetrate the way R5 does (including the demons special). This not only drastically improves the worth of the weapon, but gives it a truly unique advantage over regular Bringer's, and finally gives FO's a decent chance for a solid multi-hit ranged weapon. Its current ATP can remain the same (300 - 370).  Finally, it'll behave like an actual Bringer's rifle where it just goes through everything it hits.

Alternatively, make it upgradeable with a PGF and make it penetrate plus give it a good ATP boost.

Edited by TheIronSheik

9 hours ago, mudkipzjm said:

I think to incentivize people to play together more, either get rid of DAR reduction or have a positive gain with multiple people.

Definitely not boosting the DAR, but at least decreasing/removing the DAR reduction in multiplayers rooms.

There is only one bad point about it that I can't let go: it might as well just incite people to exploit that and log multiple chars in a same room in order to get more chances of drops. At worst, 4 chars for 4x more drops. I have seen people do it for PGF last year and RR a couple weeks ago even though there is still a DAR reduction.

9 hours ago, mudkipzjm said:

That or implement a system similar to HBR where you can do certain quests to improve your DAR and also promote playing outside of events as well.

I would love that, but don't think @Soly has time to code such a system alone.

3 hours ago, TheIronSheik said:

The suggestion that came up was to make Ultima Bringers penetrate the way R5 does (including the demons special)

This was the original feature planned for Ultima Bringer, but we couldn't get it to work.

3 hours ago, TheIronSheik said:

Alternatively, make it upgradeable with a PGF and make it penetrate plus give it a good ATP boost.

No. PGF is rare enough, and is needed to make 4 different end-game weapons already. Ideally, one wants 6 of them so that they can make sets of DM and DF, so I really don't want to add more combinations to it.

I'll be honest, as it is now the Ultima bringer is totally not worth hunting, but hopefully this gets fixed/balanced in the future, just like the Fausts were.

• Like 3

Hmm. Is there a way to alter the numbers or code so that some item drops are affected by changed dar and others not? Cause my first thought would be create a seperate 'rarity class' for the incredibly important items (pgf cbat sta). So that most items dont have the dar reduction, except the ones that would cause people to go full blown cheese on the hunt for.

Another thought i had is a monster hunter style drop rate cap. So like if an item has a 1/100 drop rate, if you kill, lets say double that rate, so 200 of that creature, the game will by default give you the item on the 201 drop. I find this idea would be incredibly confidence boosting for new players. 

I know ive had to have the conversation more than once where i basically have to say "look kid, we have way better gear than you and we actually know the quest, and we didnt find ______ last event. So honestly all you can do is try your best and pray"

Personally i can move past that thought and accept the challenge / grind. But i know i feel like im walking on egg shells everytime i reach that cross roads.

Just kinda thinking aloud at this point.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, R-78 said:

There is only one bad point about it that I can't let go: it might as well just incite people to exploit that and log multiple chars in a same room in order to get more chances of drops. At worst, 4 chars for 4x more drops. I have seen people do it for PGF last year and RR a couple weeks ago even though there is still a DAR reduction.

Honestly I don't think anyone would complain if it was against the rules to log 4 accounts for drops, since it's an unfair advantage not everyone can do(it requires 4 devices that can run PSO as far as I know, since if you quad-log on a single device only the first account will get drops).

• Like 4