Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

On 7/14/2020 at 7:13 PM, applesaucin said:

wtb > charge rianov 5 for server :D

Or the ability to add Hell to it lol. Charge Rianov 5... The stuff that dreams are made of as long as its HUcast only, HUcast doesn't have enough solid choices for damage haha.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/16/2020 at 9:46 AM, C01D1 said:

Or the ability to add Hell to it lol. Charge Rianov 5... The stuff that dreams are made of as long as its HUcast only, HUcast doesn't have enough solid choices for damage haha.

Didnt we just adress the hucast issue?

23 minutes ago, Ragtag26 said:

Didnt we just adress the hucast issue?

I was trolling HUcast is insanely over powered. Not sure what you mean by addressing the HUcast issue but ok? 

21 hours ago, C01D1 said:

I was trolling HUcast is insanely over powered. Not sure what you mean by addressing the HUcast issue but ok? 

I mean with the swan weapon. About it makes hucast op as heck. 

Some random ideas for server:

- expand the enemy hit mini game to all weapons. This feels like a fair use of PDs. The pricing and % chance to add hit can be adjusted obviously. But if a player has a 20% chance to add 10 hit with 5 or 10pds, that would be fun and addictive to those of us who like gambling 😜. Plus it would provide a nice risk/reward from spending hours trying to get a hit weapon to drop vs just blowing a stack of PDs. You can cap it at 50 or 40 or whatever hit, but this system would greatly help.

- Have Zalure lower enemy resistances as well as defense. The resistances on some enemies in Ult is just silly. There's almost zero situations where a FO would be better off using RAfoie vs banana cannon for example. This kind of defeats the whole purpose of using the MAGE class in the game if you're just going to be a pseudo-ranger.

- raise newm mat allotment to 200. Every newm class has trouble maxing stats, while the TP Regen is nice, it doesn't really make up for interior stats or being limited to one or two free unit slots. Humans should have the most mats because they don't really have anything else going for them, and casts should have the least because they don't have MST to worry about, so newms should be placed in the middle.

- Monthly server-wide goals/rewards. A good example of this was when Shiida set the goal of finding which enemy in ep1 dropped SS. Something like that with a PD or DT reward could be presented at the beginning of every month. Or, alternatively, a server wide goal could be in place. Something like "kill 1 million total enemies to unlock green names for the remainder of the month" or "achieve 12 banners in 24 hours to unlock 1.5 drop rate for the rest of the month"

- remove/change special on rainov 5. It's such a waste

- Yas series shot (10k?). Typical Yas features: extended range, weak base ATP, customized special, etc. Would be a nice alternative to DM as well as a freeze option for RAmars/RAmarls other than SQ. Kind of pathetic that forces have a weapon like Banana Cannon, and Rangers have a combo locked 50 base ATA rifle.

- Adding more customizing options to character creator. Honestly was surprised the options were still so limited when I first download this game in 2020. Options like changing eye color, more than 4 skin tones, more hair styles, etc. Would be great. I'm running into players who look just like me all the time, and the server isn't even that populated.

- new special *charm* turns an enemy against your opponents (obviously only low level/certain enemies would be able to be charmed). A more effective version of chaos essentially. I just like the idea of watching my pet gulgus fighting for me while I feed my mag.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

No... no one of that. That would imbalance the game in SO MANY areas. If neumans gets more mats, then it would be imbalanced towards casts and humans whose racial IS MORE MATS. Part of the reason its hard to cap stats is because this server boosts the cap of ATP/DFP/MST by 100, EVP by 30, and ATA by 10.

Edited by Hatsodoom Reiga
  • Like 2

On 7/10/2020 at 7:54 AM, C01D1 said:

-Evasion in EP2, Yes I understand that its not that bad when you are end game geared up, but for people just starting its horrendous. The fact that a 80 hit weapon ie. Frozen Shooter can miss a target point blank leading to death is crazyness....

YES, THIS.

• Like 2

Lately I keep reading about the Rianov-5 it's because now it's all year drop by Olga. It's the special that bad ?

On 7/10/2020 at 12:29 PM, Lipelis said:

C01.jpg

Really?? Jajaja not this again 😂😂🤣🤣

:onion-head48::onion-head48:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Larva said:

Lately I keep reading about the Rianov-5 it's because now it's all year drop by Olga. It's the special that bad ?

The special is dark, which is one tier below hell. While not completely useless, there's not really a scenario where you would use it over another weapon's hell special. Also it's the only rainov series with a special, all other can be customized

47 minutes ago, Hatsodoom Reiga said:

No... no one of that. That would imbalance the game in SO MANY areas. If neumans gets more mats, then it would be imbalanced towards casts and humans whose racial IS MORE MATS. Part of the reason its hard to cap stats is because this server boosts the cap of ATP/DFP/MST by 100, EVP by 30, and ATA by 10.

How would allowing newms to more freedom with units/mags imbalance the game? Newms can hit max stats now, but to do so they have to put up with the tedium of constantly switching mags/units. This make newms less fun to play with as a result

• Like 1

Because if they get more freedom, then OTHER classes will suffer an imbalance because they get a buff no other race gets. Casts don't get the same material use and the material boost on humans doesn't balance out the TP regen racial which, by the way is useful at higher levels. If you allow once race/class "more freedom with units/mags" then you have to do something with the rest of them, even if it isn't that one thing. (Also bruh, Fonewums are AoE BEASTS.) At this rate you might as well remake the entire god damn game. Stop trying to change things, it's all fine the way it is. Also no one says you have to max your stats which again, is HARDER on this server due to the boost. You make it sound like you need a finite setup, you don't.

Edited by Hatsodoom Reiga

8 minutes ago, Hatsodoom Reiga said:

Because if they get more freedom, then OTHER classes will suffer an imbalance because they get a buff no other race gets. Casts don't get the same material use and the material boost on humans doesn't balance out the TP regen racial which, by the way is useful at higher levels. If you allow once race/class "more freedom with units/mags" then you have to do something with the rest of them, even if it isn't that one thing. (Also bruh, Fonewums are AoE BEASTS.) At this rate you might as well remake the entire god damn game. Stop trying to change things, it's all fine the way it is.

I just made a force class character and I chose FOmar over FOnewm specifically because I didn't want to deal with carrying multiple mags/units around. 200 stat points is a HUGE difference, 100 stat points is a still a big difference. To say that regen TP while idle is a fair trade for 200 stat point allocations is laughable. Further, huney suffers from this same problem. She HAS to equip a cent arms, even though an Adept would fit her playstyle much better.

I'm not saying we should raise the stat cap on newms, just make their max stat plans comparable in viability to other classes

• Like 1

TP regeneration is a completely worthless aspect. The character neither improves or suffers with or without it. FOmar and FOnewm offer very different play styles and switching units/mags/shields/frames/weapons is a skill that can improve all players play. When to switch to what is just a knowledge based thing and once you learn where to use what you’ll find yourself playing better. 

1 hour ago, jdhenry124 said:

I just made a force class character and I chose FOmar over FOnewm specifically because I didn't want to deal with carrying multiple mags/units around. 200 stat points is a HUGE difference, 100 stat points is a still a big difference. To say that regen TP while idle is a fair trade for 200 stat point allocations is laughable. Further, huney suffers from this same problem. She HAS to equip a cent arms, even though an Adept would fit her playstyle much better.

I'm not saying we should raise the stat cap on newms, just make their max stat plans comparable in viability to other classes

The v503 would be a possible solution u are looking for. It combines 502 and smartlink, freeing up a slot. 

9 hours ago, jdhenry124 said:

- expand the enemy hit mini game to all weapons. This feels like a fair use of PDs. The pricing and % chance to add hit can be adjusted obviously. But if a player has a 20% chance to add 10 hit with 5 or 10pds, that would be fun and addictive to those of us who like gambling 😜. Plus it would provide a nice risk/reward from spending hours trying to get a hit weapon to drop vs just blowing a stack of PDs. You can cap it at 50 or 40 or whatever hit, but this system would greatly help.

As you said, for those who like gambling. I don't. RNG already scared off lot of people from PSO (like when you spent a whole christmas event for PGF and didn't find the said PGF).

If this had to be a thing, I'd rather have Photon sphere add a straight 10 hit with a 100% chance. But that would require some Qedit expert.

- Have Zalure lower enemy resistances as well as defense. The resistances on some enemies in Ult is just silly. There's almost zero situations where a FO would be better off using RAfoie vs banana cannon for example. This kind of defeats the whole purpose of using the MAGE class in the game if you're just going to be a pseudo-ranger.

That would be broken against the enemies who are already weak to spells like Dorphon, Girtablulu, Shambertin... and not sure if it is possible anyway. (would Deband increase your resistances if so?)

If something had to be done, would be to lower episode 2 monsters resistances.

- raise newm mat allotment to 200. Every newm class has trouble maxing stats, while the TP Regen is nice, it doesn't really make up for interior stats or being limited to one or two free unit slots. Humans should have the most mats because they don't really have anything else going for them, and casts should have the least because they don't have MST to worry about, so newms should be placed in the middle.

Sadly when you are a fonewearl/fonewm, you have to make a choice and bring two mags if you want use both magical and physical attacks at highest power. But I actually approve this as I always thought it was lame that Hunewearl suffer a 150 materials limit while Humar, Ramar and Ramarl has a 250, just because her ears are different than other fleshies'.

- Yas series shot (10k?). Typical Yas features: extended range, weak base ATP, customized special, etc. Would be a nice alternative to DM as well as a freeze option for RAmars/RAmarls other than SQ. Kind of pathetic that forces have a weapon like Banana Cannon, and Rangers have a combo locked 50 base ATA rifle.

Nothing could ever be comparable to FS/SQ efficiency on ramar/ramarl. SQ has a 100% chance of freezing while any Blizzard special is just too weak on non cast classes.

And just in case you didn't know, freeze also depends on enemy's ESP, which means a lot of monsters are immune to blizzard (while they are not immune to FS/SQ).

- remove/change special on rainov 5. It's such a waste

Considered that already. But what special?

Hell would just make Rianov-5 totally outclass Le Cogneur which is a single target weapon with weaker ATA.

Any sacrificial special would pretty much make it broken regarding what it's worth, especially against Dal ra lie / Barba ray.

Demon's... was supposed to be Ultima bringer's purpose.

Zalure would kill the last useful purpose of S rank weapons on ultima.

HP drain? ...

- Monthly server-wide goals/rewards. A good example of this was when Shiida set the goal of finding which enemy in ep1 dropped SS. Something like that with a PD or DT reward could be presented at the beginning of every month. Or, alternatively, a server wide goal could be in place. Something like "kill 1 million total enemies to unlock green names for the remainder of the month" or "achieve 12 banners in 24 hours to unlock 1.5 drop rate for the rest of the month"

I like how you would need to do something in order to unlock Green names and not just wait for it, but GN also has its disadvantages: prevents people from hunting Rianov 5 in ep IV, Lame d'argent, Alis resolve and make mage runs more difficult. 1.5X drop rate combined to HH to make it 4.5X does not sound reasonnable.

- Adding more customizing options to character creator. Honestly was surprised the options were still so limited when I first download this game in 2020. Options like changing eye color, more than 4 skin tones, more hair styles, etc. Would be great. I'm running into players who look just like me all the time, and the server isn't even that populated.

Same here. Guess how many people tried to copy 2B from Nier automata and actually copied Shiida, my main char instead? (jk but for real I made this char long time before I even heard about Nier)

You could still use some skins but sadly only you will see them.

9 hours ago, jdhenry124 said:

- new special *charm* turns an enemy against your opponents (obviously only low level/certain enemies would be able to be charmed). A more effective version of chaos essentially. I just like the idea of watching my pet gulgus fighting for me while I feed my mag.

You better just feed your mag in the shops of pioneer II. Your gulgus is just going to turn around with another gulgus staring at each other and never attack because they only attack their enemies' back.

1 hour ago, wade1212 said:

The v503 would be a possible solution u are looking for. It combines 502 and smartlink, freeing up a slot. 

You posted in the wrong server.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Dw 1

1 hour ago, R-78 said:

You posted in the wrong server.

its only an idea, posted in the ideas to improve thread.  

• Haha 1