Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

I think Olga flow's drop chart needs some attention.

I've been on this server for 7 weeks and I haven't fought Olga flow a single time. Not once. It's understandable since there's really no point in fighting him vs other episodes bosses. Falz drops Red Ring, the best shield in the game and the base for costumes, and the ep4 boss drops all kind of useful things (wedding dress, v502, Limiters, etc).

Compare that with Olga, who drops... Kroe's sweater. A level 181 frame that is not viable for really any situation. It's outclassed by Sue's coat on huney and hucass, and Sammi armor on FOs. Not only that, but it's 11 levels below wedding dress. At which point you've probably found any number of frames with better def/resists that the +10 ATA is just not worth it.

My recommendation would be to buff Kroe's sweater to +20 ata, and add some EFR resists. Or add some other items to the drop tables. Zanba or heaven striker come to mind as good options.

Just seems kind of silly that no one bothers to fight one of the main bosses in the game apart from one or two months in the year. And it creates a problem when the PGF event does come around when all the people who downloaded the game within the previous 11 months don't know wtf they're doing and the veteran player don't want to waste time/runs teaching them

Edited by jdhenry124

1 hour ago, jdhenry124 said:

I've been on this server for 7 weeks and I haven't fought Olga flow a single time. Not once. It's understandable since there's really no point in fighting him vs other episodes bosses. Falz drops Red Ring, the best shield in the game and the base for costumes, and the ep4 boss drops all kind of useful things (wedding dress, v502, Limiters, etc).

Compare that with Olga, who drops... Kroe's sweater. A level 181 frame that is not viable for really any situation. It's outclassed by Sue's coat on huney and hucass, and Sammi armor on FOs. Not only that, but it's 11 levels below wedding dress. At which point you've probably found any number of frames with better def/resists that the +10 ATA is just not worth it.

My recommendation would be to buff Kroe's sweater to +20 ata, and add some EFR resists. Or add some other items to the drop tables. Zanba or heaven striker come to mind as good options.

Just seems kind of silly that no one bothers to fight one of the main bosses in the game apart from one or two months in the year. And it creates a problem when the PGF event does come around when all the people who downloaded the game within the previous 11 months don't know wtf they're doing and the veteran player don't want to waste time/runs teaching them

I gotta disagree on that last point actually. While it may be nice to get some updated non-event drops, I have no trouble finding people to run Seabed/Olga with. It's honestly a ton of fun and I don't mine telling people not to Jellen or attack before he looks around. Other than that, Olga's really straightforward tbh. Not sure why you have had this experience, but there are plenty of people to run with.

1 hour ago, Smoochum said:

I gotta disagree on that last point actually. While it may be nice to get some updated non-event drops, I have no trouble finding people to run Seabed/Olga with. It's honestly a ton of fun and I don't mine telling people not to Jellen or attack before he looks around. Other than that, Olga's really straightforward tbh. Not sure why you have had this experience, but there are plenty of people to run with.

I haven't. I just have no idea what it's like to fight Olga cause no one ever does. Lol

Edited by jdhenry124

3 hours ago, jdhenry124 said:

I haven't. I'm just have no idea what it's like to fight Olga cause no one ever does. Lol

Of course :onion-head22:

Why would someone want to hunt the probably most nuisant final boss of the game, just to get... ... ...nothing :onion-head70:

[Yeah sure, Greenill and Blue fool get Kroe's Sweater (Greenill easier than bluefull  :onion101: ), but what Is that compared to DFalz and Holy Worms' drops. No offense :onion87:]

Ah, there's also the experience points, but that can be gotten In many easy and hard ways :onion-head35:

[Ah right, the Events when Polka Dots have something Important, yes. The Easter Event that had passed already (Samurai Armor) and Christmas Event (Parasitic Gene Flow.... well, that's pretty much close to the boundary between nothingness and loyal cruelty over a month of wasted effort :onion118: )]

Edited by Kotta
Event Is another Issue D:<
  • Dislike 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, jdhenry124 said:

We’ve been saying this for years. I am not sure why it never changes, but Olga Flow ABSOLUTELY needs year long drops. Not just some bullshit either. Actual good stuff. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Some great ideas brought to you by Ultima after hours chatbox.

Can we make EggsZanbacon a slicer so it looks like I'm serving em breakfast? It'll be a nice throwback to when I was a waiter at Denny's. Plus the Bartles are basically the same shape as the old people who used to come by on Sundays and tip me with coupons

Screenshot_20200703-050012_Chrome.jpg

• Dw 1

Legit ways to improve the server imo.

-Ability to rejoin midquest... Yes I know this can in fact screw up sometimes, but getting disconnected for no apparent reason is horrible.

-Daily login reward system, perhaps its just as simple as a random event weapon drop all year (obviously crap weapons would have a MUCH higher chance of being the reward), this would of course somehow have to be restricted to avoid multiple accounts etc.

-Donation system for HH, perhaps you just got off work and missed HH however you don`t mind fronting 5 bucks USD (not donation tickets) (good for the server) to may it happen for 3 hours (Maybe limit this to one usable per 12 hours total server wide) and your name pops up as the BANNER!

-More boss drops of different bosses, I personally miss the days of running all of Caves having a unique boss drop after running the whole thing on Ultimate would be great, every area with an actual unique drop outside of event (I know this requires work and a bit more thought but I think you guys get what I am saying)

-Nerf DW combo unlock to 2X instead of 3X or drop the attack power. (This is self explanatory, it would instantly make other options viable, ie. R5 for pierce or BV, TJS becomes useful again etc. Without complete making DW useless.

-Meseta Bot, make a meseta bot quest perhaps part of Lemons shop.

-The Official Ultima Client including the item reader etc for ease of use for new people.

-Serene Swan (Yes I said it) I still think this weapon should be handgun range, HUcasts can now basically out damage rangers from Rifle Range.... Thats just crazy and should be addressed, those that say otherwise are just enjoying the fact that HUcast is the Meta.

-Evasion in EP2, Yes I understand that its not that bad when you are end game geared up, but for people just starting its horrendous. The fact that a 80 hit weapon ie. Frozen Shooter can miss a target point blank leading to death is crazyness....

-ROCT rewards, Please remove PD from this..... Hell make the crap weapons replace it please.... Just the ability to know a weapon is going to be the reward would be fantastic, Add some more weapons to it or something.

This is enough for now, only ideas! 

Edited by C01D1
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, C01D1 said:

Ability to rejoin midquest... Yes I know this can in fact screw up sometimes, but getting disconnected for no apparent reason is horrible.

As you said, it's prone to too many bugs to get approved, a lot of desynchronization (gonna see all the monsters that died already and have all doors still locked) and in some cases could even kick your teamates off the room. But trust me I know that feeling as my game often crashes and I also used to have an internet connection so bad that I was too afraid to run 20+ minutes long quests.

-Daily login reward system, perhaps its just as simple as a random event weapon drop all year (obviously crap weapons would have a MUCH higher chance of being the reward), this would of course somehow have to be restricted to avoid multiple accounts etc.

Just logging and praise RNG without actually playing? 

-Donation system for HH, perhaps you just got off work and missed HH however you don`t mind fronting 5 bucks USD (not donation tickets) (good for the server) to may it happen for 3 hours (Maybe limit this to one usable per 12 hours total server wide) and your name pops up as the BANNER!

Wouldn't that make HH some kind of Pay2win? As it is now, there are already tons of HH (more than 1 per day) so I can't imagine if there were even more made via donations.

-More boss drops of different bosses, I personally miss the days of running all of Caves having a unique boss drop after running the whole thing on Ultimate would be great, every area with an actual unique drop outside of event (I know this requires work and a bit more thought but I think you guys get what I am saying)

The problem is that every boss actually get into the same farming way: TTF and RT. So sure it would be fun to run a full Caves run in order to get a unique Dal Ra Lie drop, but people would just do TTF first levels, /lobby and repeat. 

-Nerf DW combo unlock to 2X instead of 3X or drop the attack power. (This is self explanatory, it would instantly make other options viable, ie. R5 for pierce or BV, TJS becomes useful again etc. Without complete making DW useless.

Probably would have been considered if it was Ultima's begin years as I agree DM is way too powerful (and still ATP buffed on Ultima), but at this point it would just be bad to do that, and generate a huge drama.

1 hour ago, C01D1 said:

-Meseta Bot, make a meseta bot quest perhaps part of Lemons shop.

What would it do? Just bring free stacks of meseta?

1 hour ago, C01D1 said:

-The Official Ultima Client including the item reader etc for ease of use for new people.

Will see with Soly.

1 hour ago, C01D1 said:

-Serene Swan

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, C01D1 said:

I still think this weapon should be handgun range, HUcasts can now basically out damage rangers from Rifle Range.... Thats just crazy and should be addressed, those that say otherwise are just enjoying the fact that HUcast is the Meta.

We went through too many dramas to get to this point again. I have always been for giving it handgun range (before AND after its release) but 2000 complaints against the staff about a brand new item and Larva took his final decision not to nerf it after making some... weird poll.

1 hour ago, C01D1 said:

-Evasion in EP2, Yes I understand that its not that bad when you are end game geared up, but for people just starting its horrendous. The fact that a 80 hit weapon ie. Frozen Shooter can miss a target point blank leading to death is crazyness....

It seems like EP2 regular monsters got a +25% buff in all physical stats (HP ATP DFP ATA EVP LCK ESP) and +30% EXP from Vanilla so the ones who had high EVP already ended up with even higher EVP boosts. I also think this is too much for some monsters (such as Ul and Zol Gibbons, Deldepths, some Sinows and mostly... Olga Flow) but I think it's fine for most others. If Larva and the people agree I'd consider rebalancing (nerfing) EVP case by case.

1 hour ago, C01D1 said:

-ROCT rewards, Please remove PD from this..... Hell make the crap weapons replace it please.... Just the ability to know a weapon is going to be the reward would be fantastic, Add some more weapons to it or something.

Would be broken if a weapon was guaranteed for every run.
If PD were to be removed, you'd get a 10% chance to get Samba Maracas and 15% for Yasminkov 9000M,
then 1.44% instead of 0.4176% chance of getting a weapon with 80+ hit which is actually huge.
Makes Yasminkov regular hunt totally worthless.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, C01D1 said:

u just got off work and missed HH however you don`t mind fronting 5 bucks USD (not donation tickets) (good for the server) to may it happen for 3 hours (Maybe limit this to one usable per 12 hours total server wide) and your name pops up as the BANNER!

No one should be giving money to this server lol

31 minutes ago, R-78 said:

We went through too many dramas to get to this point again. I have always been for giving it handgun range (before AND after its release) but 2000 complaints against the staff about a brand new item and Larva took his final decision not to nerf it after making some... weird poll.

This, honestly, was a really silly idea. The one drawback of a HUcast was that it couldn't attack at long range, and not only did it get that option, but it got it with an already powerful weapon. People are obviously going to vote for the strongest option, because if you offered 95% of the server a sword that killed everything in the current room in one shot, they'd take it.

Rangers should have the advantage of range - it's in their name. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, R-78 said:

r78.gif

C01.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Can we add some class-specific items for HUmar, FOmar, and possibly a couple others. I know I've got some ideas and so does @Harvest.

• Combo unlocked Laconium Axe with some buffs for HUmar made by combining with an event drop (idk, like "Laconium Alloy" or something from EP4)
  • Big ol hefty beat stick from upgraded Club of Laconium for FOmar (better than Excal in some way) using the same "Laconium Alloy" so that it's not just for one item. 
  • Combo unlocked L&K38 Combat for RAcaseal (let the rangers outdps the hunters) - idk ask Harvest.

It would be nice to have a few more EP1 and EP4 hunts in general (ty for crimson assassin SS), and have year-round olga drop too.

1 hour ago, Smoochum said:

Can we add some class-specific items for HUmar, FOmar, and possibly a couple others. I know I've got some ideas and so does @Harvest.

• Combo unlocked L&K38 Combat for RAcaseal (let the rangers outdps the hunters) - idk ask Harvest.

It would be nice to have a few more EP1 and EP4 hunts in general (ty for crimson assassin SS), and have year-round olga drop too.

I’m not sure my opinion on the other stuff, but I can tell you that even combo unlocked LK does not let RAcl out DPS Hunters at all in any situation.  It’s such a big gap. It would still leave her as useless as a “meta” class. The changes on Ultima may in fact be the MOST damaging to specifically RAcl. Her whole niche is supposed to the be the highest ATA class with availability to use traps making her good in spaceship and jungle to an extent. With Ultima EVP buffs and no OPM that niche is completely gone. She’s cool to play as a different character or whatever but without extreme changes she’ll always be the worst option.

We’re working on Olga drops right now. 

Edited by Saber +7