Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

En 7/12/2019 a las 21:56, Starlord dijo:

I’ve always suggested currently and in the past a kill counter for events. Let them lazy folks meet it. If they really want it they will play to meet the kill counter to unlock x2. Some servers for big events have that and motivate the individual to grind it out to reach it so they can unlock the extra boost and still have a week or two maybe more of the event left to grind specifically for their desired items. I barely catch any HH myself and have been able to find way more than I need. I also am embarrassed to say how many hours I’ve spent grinding this game. But at the end of the day the game is supposed to be grindy. Me myself I’ve suggested getting rid of HH because it makes the player lazy and entitled. Which showing the current events shows to be right. I’ve gone multiple years without finding big ticket items, I’ve been disappointed as well and I’ve spent almost 5 years in this place. Never found an STA. 

anyways hope they find a solution to keep everyone happy 

I like the idea of the counter and the elimination of hh.
because people only enter the game when they write in the forum that there is HH, and an individual accountant would be the best to start a new decade and motivate the players individually. Of course you have your lucky position.
an example: Olga PGF 1/300 and in the process of doing the 300 missions to kill Olga you can be lucky that the PGF falls in any of the 300 missions and if you have not dropped the PGF in 299 missions you have the security that when you do mission number 300 Olga releases the PGF.

I think it's a great idea.

And HH may not have to be eliminated in its entirety. Some recommendations would be:

1- The hh can be implemented with DTS to GM to deduce the falls individually in a very moderate way so that everything is fair and with a time limit for that individual HH.

2- Only place HH on important dates of the year. December 24 or 31 as for example (including other dates of the year) 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Stormpsobb said:

I like the idea of the counter and the elimination of hh.
because people only enter the game when they write in the forum that there is HH, and an individual accountant would be the best to start a new decade and motivate the players individually. Of course you have your lucky position.
an example: Olga PGF 1/300 and in the process of doing the 300 missions to kill Olga you can be lucky that the PGF falls in any of the 300 missions and if you have not dropped the PGF in 299 missions you have the security that when you do mission number 300 Olga releases the PGF.

I think it's a great idea.

And HH may not have to be eliminated in its entirety. Some recommendations would be:

1- The hh can be implemented with DTS to GM to deduce the falls individually in a very moderate way so that everything is fair and with a time limit for that individual HH.

2- Only place HH on important dates of the year. December 24 or 31 as for example (including other dates of the year) 

While I agree that Happy Hour needs some revisiting conceptually, I don't think it'll be eliminated. Those players who log only for HH would likely not play if there was no HH. DTs for HH seems a bit odd and I think anyone who spent DTs on something like that rather than hit just lit their money on fire. I think it'd be better if HH was just scheduled. In real life happy hour is scheduled. I think if we could get 2 happy hours a day that are 2 hours long each serving US/EU times that'd be way more fair than it currently is. Maybe skip some days even. 

hace 30 minutos, Saber +7 dijo:

While I agree that Happy Hour needs some revisiting conceptually, I don't think it'll be eliminated. Those players who log only for HH would likely not play if there was no HH. DTs for HH seems a bit odd and I think anyone who spent DTs on something like that rather than hit just lit their money on fire. I think it'd be better if HH was just scheduled. In real life happy hour is scheduled. I think if we could get 2 happy hours a day that are 2 hours long each serving US/EU times that'd be way more fair than it currently is. Maybe skip some days even. 

I think the problem remains because the players would continue to connect those 2 times thus fulfilling 4 hours in the game with hh.

• Like 3

I don't like the idea of scheduled happy hours, because easily abused: one could just make 8 PGF-ready rooms at boss warp, wait for the HH to begin then kill 8 Olgas straight for example.

And also what @Stormpsobb said, would just incite people to only play at those scheduled times.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, R-78 said:

I don't like the idea of scheduled happy hours, because easily abused: one could just make 8 PGF-ready rooms at boss warp, wait for the HH to begin then kill 8 Olgas straight for example.

And also what @Stormpsobb said, would just incite people to only play at those scheduled times.

That could happen anyway. People who chose to only play during happy hour would at least still play during these scheduled times where as a majority of em would probably login significantly less if there was just no HH. At least scheduling gives everyone a fair chance to access. 

• Like 1

Hello everyone, 

I have some ideas that are going through my head, and i would like to share.

Maybe someone said the same thing in other words but the truth is that I've been playing this game for almost 20 years and started this year on blue burst,

and I’m really enjoying, how all those who participated in the game and server development made all these advances (if I may call it like that) 😊compared to the pso in DC and GC back in the day.

One of it,

I would like to know if it would be possible to change the format of the bank..

Like we use commands to select which bank we want, we could select for example:

/bank WN- Weapons 

/bank AR - Armor

/bank SD - Shield

/bank DK - Disks

/bank EP- Enemy Parts

/bank MC - Mag cell

/bank CN -common

/bank CR - character 

because there are so many items in the game and if you are like me and want to save one of each, then 4 slots is not enough to store everything...

to be honest, sometimes it's hard to find myself among so many items😂😂

Another idea would be to create the STATE / MAINTENANCE item, (for those who have not played pso on the dreamcast, this item Prevents all status disorders.)

It’s my favorite unit 😍

And another one 😉

Items that were created by the ULTIMA server,I mean items that were not originally created by sega, could have a new design BOX 

image.thumb.jpeg.9c8f623611a1eb096ff8eddbf2c326f6.jpeg

for example: could be violet, black or white😉😉

Are some ideas, and as I said I don't know if it would be possible but it would save a lot of time and at the same time we could have our banks more organized.

So, anyway, THANKS A LOT to all who participated and continue to participate in the development of this awesome game.

• Like 1

Making one bank for every item type, I don't see the point of it. Bank items are already automatically sorted by types so it is no big deal to find a specific item assuming you are looking in the right bank. 

Making the bank storage capacity larger, I'd strongly support it if that was possible. I am honestly annoyed I will soon need to create an 8th account because all the others are almost full.

State/Maintenance has been suggested countless times 

Spoiler

How about a Cure/all unit, or a V503 or Legendary units?

Release a Cure/All medical unit!

I'd love to see a cure/all unit 

A cure/all unit would be awesome and a good idea I think.

State/Maintenance. Even if it's very rare. Wouldn't be OP at all. Takes a fraction of a second to Sol Atomizer yourself if you get a status effect that you aren't immune to from your class trait, a Cure unit or can't Anti 5-7 off yourself. State/Maintenance would just be a nice QOL item since tons of 200 builds have a slot open for a Cure unit anyway.

a cure everything unit state maintenance. That would be a great dt making unit as it'd be very valuable.

State/maintenance don't need an explaination here, this would be a really good high end event drop.

Unit? State/Maintenance! But make it very rare!

I think we should have State/Maintenance

How about a really rare unit that does what State Maintenance did back in the day.

so I'll just repost Saith's reply

On 11/1/2018 at 7:59 PM, Fyrewolf5 said:

No. State/Maintenance was removed after dreamcast (and sacred guard was altered to not have same effect). You have to decide what cures you need to bring to quests, not going to make one that just does everything.

A new box color for ultima items sounds fun, but not sure if worth the development.

• Like 1

As i mentioned about the commands in the bank, the point would be even more organized items.

another idea would be, to be able to access all slots of other chars. Like: /bank slot1...

also like u said @R-78 bank storage capacity larger, it would be awesome😍

Edited by GENESIS8588

hace 3 horas, R-78 dijo:

Making one bank for every item type, I don't see the point of it. Bank items are already automatically sorted by types so it is no big deal to find a specific item assuming you are looking in the right bank. 

Making the bank storage capacity larger, I'd strongly support it if that was possible. I am honestly annoyed I will soon need to create an 8th account because all the others are almost full.

State/Maintenance has been suggested countless times 

Reveal hidden contents

so I'll just repost Saith's reply

A new box color for ultima items sounds fun, but not sure if worth the development.

Leaving my opinion ... I would like to expand the bank 2 more times, instead of 200. 400 spaces for each bank. it would be a good idea

Something I would like very much is a new black identification. (It is the only color that is needed)
It would be the beginning of new items. and in my opinion I would draw a lot of attention in the community

• Like 1

I don't think having commands for banks would be a good idea... I'd raise you an idea that I wanted to implement since a while ago, which is just "infinite" banks... when you run out of space for one, just add another one... of course this would not really be infinite but think like... having the option of up to 10 common banks or something.... could even remove the "character" bank and have just some shared vault (each character would probably save which bank was accessed last so that could act as character bank, if you wanted).

Sadly is not really possible to increase the bank size (just like the inventory), as the game stores this with other data and messing with that is just asking for problems... also think about scrolling for 400, 600, 1000 items... is probably better to just have extra banks instead.

Don't get your hopes up tho... this probably won't happen for a while.

• Like 2

Sorry, meant to reply that too, I don't know about ADDING more textures to the file that holds this stuff (haven't tried), but most likely it could be added in some hackish way... however I doubt we'd do that... there isn't really a need to see what items are not custom in game, that'd be something more for like the item wiki

Id really like to change my forum name, id like the possibility of changing your name on forums for DTs.

i know it would probably cause alot of confusion and work but to be just Duja would be awesome.

or maybe could use NYC ? 
(winkwink)

Edited by duja1001