Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

New Unit Ideas:

Definitely Doable

State/Fortitude: Cure Poison + Cure Paralysis

State/Clarity: Cure Slow + Cure Confuse

State/Reflex: Cure Shock + Cure Freeze

Stamina Vessel: +150 TP (Triforce)

Questionable Doability

INVERTER: Changes attack animations to other gender

Avalon: When equipped with Excalibur or One Hundred Souls, increases mag's response chance by 10%

Pavise/Core: occasionally negates instant death attacks

Doable but probably shouldn't:

v102: When equipped, this unit will increase ATP, MST, EVP, DFP, and LCK by 25. Also increases ATA by 2. Built in Cent/Battle

New Combination Items:

Tripolic Amplifier - an arrowhead shaped photon amplifier that reacts to tripoli.

New Barrier Ideas:

Tripolic Requiem - model: Gold Tripolic Reflector, Level: 150, DFP: 150-200, EVP: 245-260, EFR: 25, ETH: 25, EIC: 30, EDK: 8, ELT: 8, nullifies techniques more frequently than Tripolic Reflector

New Difficulty: Ultimate +

Instead of just super boosting enemy stats and speed, enemies will get a moderate boost to stats and new side effects to their attacks. For example:

Rappies - pecking inflicts lvl 20-31 Zalure, Rare Rappy's attack inflicts insta-kill

Booma/Bartle's attacks inflict poison.

Gobooma/Barble's attacks inflicts freeze

Gigobooma/Tollaw's attack inflict shock

Mothvist regenerate HP with every successful hit

Hildelt/orr - punch disarms

Dragon's Breath also inflicts Jellen lvl 20-31

Ob/Mil Lily scream stickies target to the ground. Their bites poison you.

Crimson Assassin Charge causes slow, swipe stickies

De Rol Le/Dal Ral Lie's tendril attacks regenerate its hp

All Machine Enemies Regen HP over time

Baranz Rockets also inflict Slow

Delsaber attack restores hp with every hit, claw swipe inflicts Lvl 20-31 Jellen & Zalure

Edited by RedDingo
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, RedDingo said:

New Unit Ideas:

Definitely Doable

State/Fortitude: Cure Poison + Cure Paralysis

State/Clarity: Cure Slow + Cure Confuse

State/Reflex: Cure Shock + Cure Freeze

Stamina Vessel: +150 TP (Triforce)

Questionable Doability

INVERTER: Changes attack animations to other gender

Avalon: When equipped with Excalibur or One Hundred Souls, increases mag's response chance by 10%

Pavise/Core: occasionally negates instant death attacks

Doable but probably shouldn't:

v102: When equipped, this unit will increase ATP, MST, EVP, DFP, and LCK by 25. Also increases ATA by 2. Built in Cent/Battle

New Combination Items:

Tripolic Amplifier - an arrowhead shaped photon amplifier that reacts to tripoli.

New Barrier Ideas:

Tripolic Requiem - model: Gold Tripolic Reflector, Level: 150, DFP: 150-200, EVP: 245-260, EFR: 25, ETH: 25, EIC: 30, EDK: 8, ELT: 8, nullifies techniques more frequently than Tripolic Reflector

Instead of just super boosting enemy stats and speed, enemies will get a moderate boost to stats and new side effects to their attacks. For example:

Rappies - pecking inflicts lvl 20-31 Zalure, Rare Rappy's attack inflicts insta-kill

Delsaber attack restores hp with every hit, claw swipe inflicts Lvl 20-31 Jellen & Zalure

I always ask myself 2/3 questions about each item in posts like this. What is this item currently better than? Where would I use this item? Does this item add any new possibilities or functions to the game? For all the cure units I'll really just say Sonic Team Armor and Sol Atomizers are satisfactory honestly. The best one of these is probably the confuse + slow one for spaceship. These others status effects don't often come paired together except in tower there is shock and freeze, but freeze is really easy to break and people in Tower are already looking to boost their resists anyway. Stamina Vessel is not good and I don't need to explain why. The next item the Inverter is interesting I guess... I am not where it would be considered useful. I'd love to see where and why you want that item. Avalon is probably the best item on this list, however it's really situational. It is probably also really hard to add to the game. Praise/Core is pretty much outclassed by ADR and STA 100% of the time since it is not preferred to give up a unit for 100 EDK. V102 is obviously really good and I would not be surprised to see an item like this in the future. Tripolic Reflector wouldn't be used. The same thing I always see when others ask for a harder game is... "show me that you've mastered the current content in the game". There are so many quests that are extremely challenging that require coordination and slight skill to beat that have been highly neglected on this server. 

Compared to STA and ADR, everything is pretty much obsolete. But those are hard as balls to obtain. The goal wasn't to outclass existing items and fuck up the economy. It was to create new items that can also be a poor man's alternative. In the case of Tripolic Requiem, it's supposed to be a decent alternative to Red Ring, lower defensive stats but a higher nullify rate than Reflector.

The idea behind Ult+ is creating a fresh experience by changing up how enemies are fought rather than just buffing obnoxiously. For instance, being content to tank rappies would be ill advised in this mode because they could drastically lower your defense and leave you completely vulnerable to tougher enemies. An Ob Lily stickying you to ground leaves you a sitting duck to their Megid and also makes their scream attack a threat androids as well as fleshies.

Inverter is just a cosmetic item, really.

v102 however is a bad idea in that it would devalue C/B.

Edited by RedDingo

I really like the Inverter item.  It could add some really interesting dynamics to game play.  The rest aren't of interest to me personally.  The dual cure units would be cool, except none of those combinations are things I would ever need.  I think that you'd need to team up with Soly to get some statistics on which cure units are in players inventories together and try and do your mappings based on that data.

The new difficulty seems interesting, but also extremely hard to implement.  And I kind of agree with @Saber +7 here in that people don't really want harder game play.  And here I speak from experience.  CAL's Clock Challenge, Power Plant Plight, and The Tentacular Truth's challenge mode were all created as a way to give players a difficult challenge.  Something harder than what already existed.  And they are not heavily played at all.  So while I agree that new styles of game play would be cool, I don't think this is worth the effort it would require.

17 hours ago, RedDingo said:

I like to think Soly is pretty dern good at modding this game with what he has to work with, but I'm afraid we'll need the game's source code to even consider implementing this IMHO.

Item/Weapon/Armor modding is quite doable and has been done for years, but modding monsters with specific abilities is a whole new ballgame.

I won't say I'm very knowledgeable about coding but I believe that a lot of it would just be a matter hex editing call values? It wouldn't give enemies new abilities but rather altering the effects of existing abilities not unlike what other difficulties do. Only machine types having regen like androids might be the difficult though. The real hard part is whether it's worth the time, effort, and tedium of playtesting and drawing up new drop tables (which would also be part of the draw).

I'll be honest, the dual cure units were planned more around theme rather than which two adverse effects are commonly paired. You roll fortitude saves against paralysis and poison, will saves against slow and confusion, and reflex saves against freezing or shocking effects. A new difficulty that alters which stat afflictions show where would increase the utility of these units.

Honestly, I wanted Avalon to also have a constant health regen like androids do when paired with Excalibur and One Hundred Souls but it seemed like that would be op with increased Mag response because it would be more frequent invincibility with regen.

I distinctly thought up Pavise/Core in retaliation to the Ult Merispit that makes life shitty for Hunters on the Tower. I even thought to make it always negate OHKO attacks but that would make Dark Resistance completely obsolete.

Hola, quería proponer el cambio en la Skin a este ítem. 

https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/wiki/item/&id=0102AA

La verdad que hay muchos Skin de Animales en los escudos nuevos. Seria mas provechoso si pudieran hacer uso de otras SKIN mas llamativas y que se vean mas atractivas a los personajes. 

Como estos Ej: 

1:  https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/wiki/item/&id=010250

2:  https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/wiki/item/&id=010251

3:  https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/wiki/item/&id=010295

Eso, muchas gracias por leer. 

English

Hello, I wanted to propose the change in the Skin to this item.

https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/wiki/item/&id=0102AA

The truth is that there are many Animal Skin in the new shields. It would be more helpful if they could make use of other more striking SKINs and make them look more attractive to the characters.

How are you Ex:

1:  https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/wiki/item/&id=010250

2:  https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/wiki/item/&id=010251

3:  https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/wiki/item/&id=010295

That, thank you very much for reading.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have been saying this for years but I figured I would make it official. In my opinion based on peoples real lives and love for the game a balance can easily be made for events. Droprates during HH are 300% improvement. What I propose is taking the droprates for items and reducing them by 50%. That effectively gives you what would normally be a 1/300 droprate reduced to 1/150 droprate for the duration of the event, this only works if HH is completely abolished during events. This makes it fair for everyone at all times and does not give an massive advantage for those that camp out and only log on for HHs and spend less time playing but getting more loot and controlling the market, to be honest this should of been done years ago as nobody will be bugging GMs for HH during events. If they want to toss a HH on for like the last day or something that would rain loot!!

Edited by C01D1
  • Like 7

In other words you are suggesting to give all items a permanent X2 drop rate and abolish HH during every seasonal event?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, R-78 said:

In other words you are suggesting to give all items a permanent X2 drop rate and abolish HH during every seasonal event?

That is exactly what I am saying. Leave HH for the non event times, this on average will produce a similar number of drops but be distributed much more evenly across the community instead of HH vultures who peddle their wares for extremely high prices. Not to mention many of us work, have kids and play during times when nothing drops for 8 hours only to find out HH is on at 23:59 on a work night and people got 3 times as many drops (Most likely more)! I honestly think its worth a try! That however is my opinion I am curious on the rest of the users here think.

I get your point, but X2 is too much.

I will take a numerical example to make it easier to understand.
Let's assume PGF is 1/300 and an RT run takes 20 minutes to do.
You'd have to play in average 6000 minutes so 100 hours with drop rate X1 to get the thing.
With drop rate X2, it would take half of that: 50 hours.
With our current system, how many hours of Happy hours would you have to catch to actually get it in an average of 50 hours (3000 minutes)?

• 3000 = hh_time_played + normal_time_played                      (total time played)
  • 6000 = hh_time_played * 3 + normal_time_played             (playtime required to get PGF)

=>

• 3000 = hh_time_played + normal_time_played
  • 3000 = hh_time_played * 2                                        (playtime required to get PGF) - (total time played)

=>

• normal_time_played = 1500
  • hh_time_played = 1500
Spoiler

(normal_time_played + hh_time_played) * 2 = hh_time_played * 3 + normal_time_played
=> 2 * normal_time_played = hh_time_played + normal_time_played
=> normal_time_played = hh_time_played

Means half the time you are playing should be during happy hours so that it is as efficient as if you play the same amount of time with permanent X2.
Even if the HH were correctly split, I doubt any regular player could catch HH in half their playtime.
So a X2 permanent rate would be kinda broken.

I honestly have no preference, I know lot of people like the HH system so they can limit their time spent on the game by just playing during the HHs and focus on their main hunt, I also know lots of people would rather have your system so they can hunt whenever they want with no unequality.

The very good point about your system is that we get rid of the "bad repartition of HHs in the world" issue for good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, R-78 said:

I get your point, but X2 is too much.

I will take a numerical example to make it easier to understand.
Let's assume PGF is 1/300 and an RT run takes 20 minutes to do.
You'd have to play in average 6000 minutes so 100 hours with drop rate X1 to get the thing.
With drop rate X2, it would take half of that: 50 hours.
With our current system, how many hours of Happy hours would you have to catch to actually get it in an average of 50 hours (3000 minutes)?

• 6000 = hh_time_played * 3 + normal_time_played

=>

• 3000 = hh_time_played * 2

=>

• normal_time_played = 1500
  • hh_time_played = 1500
  no numbers (Reveal hidden contents)

(normal_time_played + hh_time_played) * 2 = hh_time_played * 3 + normal_time_played
=> 2 * normal_time_played = hh_time_played + normal_time_played
=> normal_time_played = hh_time_played

Means half the time you are playing should be during happy hours so that it is as efficient as if you play the same amount of time with permanent X2.
Even if the HH were correctly split, I doubt any regular player could catch HH in half their playtime.

I honestly have no preference, I know lot of people like the HH system so they can limit their time spent on the game by just playing during the HHs and focus on their main hunt, I also know lots of people would rather have your system so they can hunt whenever they want with no unequality.

The very good point about your system is that we get rid of the "bad repartition of HHs in the world" issue for good.

I understand that 2X might be a bit much in the ideal hunting scenario. However it is also important to remember DAR as a factor. RNG also creates the possibility of never getting an item as well and based off the lower chance then HH I think the number of drops for any given item would be very similar. However you are right on your math based on a on 1 drop expected for X amount of hunts over time. It does get rid of GM intervention on HH I wonder however overall what the server thinks perhaps make a poll? 

DAR factor doesn't alter the maths here, include a X0.6 for 4 players, it applies on all the variables (HH or not) and thus also ends up with 
normal_time_played = hh_time_played.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, R-78 said:

DAR factor doesn't alter the maths here, include a X0.6 for 4 players, it applies on all the variables (HH or not) and thus also ends up with 
normal_time_played = hh_time_played.

That is why you are a robot. I will stick to dumb jock things.

• Like 1