Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

It would be really great if the floor switches would stay down when playing solo!   

When I get home from work I love running laps through the game starting in forest 1 and killing dark falz, or starting in temple Alpha and killing Olga flow in one session.... But I can't do that on ultima server because the floor switches won't stay down when you're playing solo! 

It's really frustrating (and not very conducive to raising mags) when you have to make a new game every 20 minutes because you hit a door that requires 2 people and the switches won't stay down and you're playing solo! 

• Like 3

It would be awesome if during events, they have additional skins! For example during Halloween, npc are wearing spooky costumes. Heck it would be cool if our characters could wear witch hats. Or during Christmas event, npc's can wear Santa/Elf like clothing! It would also be nice if characters had Sant hats or little jingle bells. The reason why i feel like this would be a good idea is because it would make pso feel more memorable and would be a nice addition to themes.

On 9/10/2019 at 9:31 AM, Zandres said:

It would be really great if the floor switches would stay down when playing solo!   

When I get home from work I love running laps through the game starting in forest 1 and killing dark falz, or starting in temple Alpha and killing Olga flow in one session.... But I can't do that on ultima server because the floor switches won't stay down when you're playing solo! 

It's really frustrating (and not very conducive to raising mags) when you have to make a new game every 20 minutes because you hit a door that requires 2 people and the switches won't stay down and you're playing solo!  

Don't they stay hit down in one person mode?

59 minutes ago, Rotan said:

Sorry if this has been mentioned but

Different color for mat boxes or make some kinda noise when dropped (just liked rare items).

Different color boxes for material is unlikely it could be done, but you can make it display on mini map and play rare chimes when dropping, by changing _items_default.ini, located on data folder of PSOBB.
All you need to do is to make a copy of the file, rename it to _items.ini. Then locate this:

030B00 FFFF00FF 0 Power Material
030B01 FFFF00FF 0 Mind Material
030B02 FFFF00FF 0 Evade Material
030B03 FFFF00FF 0 HP Material
030B04 FFFF00FF 0 TP Material
030B05 FFFF00FF 0 Def Material
030B06 FFFF00FF 0 Luck Material

Change bolded zeroes into 1's in order to make it play the rare chime.

And you can also configure the mini map dots, the colors displayed are in hexadecimal format.

Edited by Noob Saibot
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Noob Saibot said:

Different color boxes for material is unlikely it could be done, but you can make it display on mini map and play rare chimes when dropping, by changing _items_default.ini, located on data folder of PSOBB.
All you need to do is to make a copy of the file, rename it to _items.ini. Then locate this:

Change bolded zeroes into 1's in order to make it play the rare chime.

And you can also configure the mini map dots, the colors displayed are in hexadecimal format.

Just a minor announcement with this:
In the next DLL update I will make the _items.ini into an override rather than exclusive.
This way you don't need to have ALL the items in it, if you like the defaults...

• Thanks 1

Lets make Ultima the first PSO Private Server to add a new difficulty, and increase level cap to LV300.
This will make room for what folks would naturally consider OP gear to be released. Instead of nerfing every good idea.
I think it could work out beautifully with some love & dedication. 

1 hour ago, Emewn said:

Lets make Ultima the first PSO Private Server to add a new difficulty, and increase level cap to LV300.
This will make room for what folks would naturally consider OP gear to be released. Instead of nerfing every good idea.
I think it could work out beautifully with some love & dedication. 

PSO V2 and Sylverant GC already have this. We’ve had Crack-Mode in the past and Ephinea has Anguish-Mode. I say perfect the current content before asking for new content anyway. Most people on the server haven’t even finished every quest. Why ask for more? 

Edited by Saber +7

17 minutes ago, Saber +7 said:

Most people on the server haven’t even finished every quest. Why ask for more? 

To be fair, there are a lot of quests not worth doing.  Take "Towards the Future" for example.

• Dislike 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Lemon said:

Take "Towards the Future" for example.

What's that quest? Never heard of it.

• Haha 2