Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

2 hours ago, RedDingo said:

That actually is my point. HP isn't powerful enough to merit a 1/190650 rate. You're not going to try running a quest to farm Crimson Assassin as Yellowbolz. So what's the reasoning behind having Yellowbolz Crimson Assassin drop HP at such an absurd rate? It's basically a waste of a drop slot for an ID, why not replace it with another item at a rate that's actually worth farming for that ID?

bc some things just taste best in the vanilla flavor, man

13 hours ago, RedDingo said:

It makes no sense for items like Heaven Punisher to have a lower drop rate than SJS for every ID other than one like Bluefull. The drop rate should either be changed or the item should be changed to something that justifies such a low rate.

It is supposed to be as hard to get one on Bluefull as any other ID, but since Ultima has an insane rare monster appearance boost, it makes every item you can farm from rare monsters easier than any other places.

Not only Heaven Punisher, but also Syncesta, Lavis Cannon, Agito 1975 and Psycho wand (except from Del lily), have impossible drop rates on other IDs.

I kinda wanted to change that as well... at least some people consider finding one of them as an "achievement"

• Like 1

An entirely new episode with new maps, new enemies, and a new storyline.

Maybe one where the PCs are transported to a planet called Earth where they resemble characters from a defunct MMO that’s now only run on private servers.

• Like 1

A way to add special to weapons by hunting new items would be really cool.

Ultima: Lipelis has found a DEMON CORE!  
and such as;
Demon Core
Charge Core
Spirit Core
Berserk Core
Hell Core

etc

You could equip the weapon of your choice (without special obviously) and Use the item like any combiner.
- Equip a Yasminkov 9000M +10
- Use a Demon Core
- Demon Yasminkov 9000M +10

Another suggestion would be to alter Gallon's Shop code to implement that idea by trading / the Core + Weapon to obtain the Weapon with special.

When can I hunt ______?

- An All year round option is viable since a lot of spots from the classic Drop Table are redundants or even empty so it could be replaced.
Ultimate Death Gunner no item, Bulk no item...
Ultimate Yellowboze Crimson Assassin Heaven Punisher 1⁄190650 vs Bluefull Hildetorr Heaven Punisher 1⁄204
Ultimate Episode 2 Whitill Delsaber Secure Feet 1⁄4096 vs Yellowboze Mil Lily Secure Feet 1⁄2
etc

- Thoses cores as Exclusive event items works too, having them splitted in differents events through year could be interesting.
For examples; the Spirit Core included in Triforce Event, the Demon one included in Halloween or even during Summer Event for the sake of hunting Epsilon with a brand new Demon Yas9000!

Item Donation list

You may or may not know if you are new to Ultima that this feature is available with GMs for 10 Donation Tickets to add the special of your choice... Then thoses said combiners could give the opportunity to players to craft their weapons without having to rely on GM's availabilities. While still being available with GMs for the same amount of DT, the value of Special's Cores would be more affordable within the player economy (as always).

Finally, I have no preference between an All year round or Exclusive event items availability since both are interesting to my eyes but overall beside the technical challenge I don't see any cons to this concept but pros!

Thanks for reading  hehe-coup.gif

Edited by Lipelis
HP Droprate correction
  • Like 6

6 minutes ago, Lipelis said:

and such as;
Demon Core
Charge Core
Spirit Core
Berserk Core
Hell Core

etc

You could equip the weapon of your choice (without special obviously) and Use the item like any combiner.
- Use a Demon Core

Another suggestion would be to alter Gallon's Shop code to implement that idea by trading / the Core + Weapon to obtain the Weapon with special.

When can I hunt ______?

- An All year round option is viable since a lot of spots from the classic Drop Table are redundants or even empty so it could be replaced.
Ultimate Yellowboze Crimson Assassin Heaven Punisher 1⁄190650 vs Bluefull Hildetorr Heaven Punisher 1⁄64
Ultimate Episode 2 Whitill Delsaber Secure Feet 1⁄4096 vs Yellowboze Mil Lily Secure Feet 1⁄2
etc

- Thoses cores as Exclusive event items works too, having them splitted in differents events through year could be interesting.
For examples; the Spirit Core included in Triforce Event, the Demon one included in Halloween or even during Summer Event for the sake of hunting Epsilon with a brand new Demon Yas9000!

Item Donation list

You may or may not know if you are new to Ultima that this feature is available with GMs for 10 Donation Tickets to add the special of your choice... Then thoses said combiners could give the opportunity to players to craft their weapons without having to rely on GM's availabilities. While still being available with GMs for the same amount of DT, the value of Special's Cores would be more affordable within the player economy (as always).

Finally, I have no preference between an All year round or Exclusive event items availability since both are interesting to my eyes but overall beside the technical challenge I don't see any cons to this concept but pros!

Oh that's a good idea I like it like I would like to "Like" that's nice special add :onion-head11:

I ask you if there's a special example Gush can they Demon Core the Gush away on Demon?

Edited by Salem11
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Salem11 said:

Oh that's a good idea I like it like I would like to "Like" that's nice special add :onion-head11:

I ask you if there's a special example Gush can they Demon Core the Gush away on Demon?

Hm that sounds a bit too powerfull regarding the other combiners that are always final when you used them.
That modification should stay as a GMs feature imo.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Lipelis said:

and such as;
Demon Core
Charge Core
Spirit Core
Berserk Core
Hell Core

etc

- Use a Demon Core

When can I hunt ______?

Ultimate Yellowboze Crimson Assassin Heaven Punisher 1⁄190650 vs Bluefull Hildetorr Heaven Punisher 1⁄204
etc

Item Donation list

This is one of the best ideas I’ve heard in awhile. +1 for sure. 

• Like 1

I don't think it is possible to make it a game combination
( Yasminkov 9000M + Demon Core = Yasminkov 9000M [Demon's] )
so would most likely be a quest feature if implemented.

44 minutes ago, Lipelis said:

Hm that sounds a bit too powerfull regarding the other combiners that are always final when you used them.

I wouldn't mind honestly. It's like the player wastes a special already. GM can change the special for 10 DTs, so why not with the core as well.

If it was up to me, I'd have some combinations reversible just like RR costumes and Lavis series:

Hundred Souls + Soul Booster = Excalibur
Psycho Bridge + Proof of Sonic Team = Dark Bridge

since to me it is totally fair that you can get back a previous version of a weapon by paying an extra combiner.

I am just afraid people will end up using a combiner by mistake on an already upgraded weapon or think it would upgrade the weapon once more thus waste 2 combiners for nothing (and I know it will happen).

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, R-78 said:

I wouldn't mind honestly. It's like the player wastes a special already. GM can change the special for 10 DTs, so why not with the core as well.

If it was up to me, I'd have some combinations reversible just like RR costumes and Lavis series:

since to me it is totally fair that you can get back a previous version of a weapon by paying an extra combiner.

I am just afraid people will end up using a combiner by mistake on an already upgraded weapon or think it would upgrade the weapon once more thus waste 2 combiners for nothing (and I know it will happen).

that can be back again possible? 

that is good question: somebody has fault Excalibur to Hundred Soul later they do not want to go back and now you have an idea to thank you that would be nice  :onion-head11:

On 8/19/2019 at 12:04 PM, R-78 said:

What about a quest where you can revert any combined weapon or armor to its previous state? Could even have it refund the combiner. The grinders and add slots used on the item would be lost in the process since that would be probably be a pain to refund. This would prevent that scenario of accidentally losing 2 combiners from using them manually on the equipped item.

3 hours ago, jj733 said:

revert any combined weapon or armor to its previous state? Could even have it refund the combiner.

No, that would be totally broken. It's like you can swap DM/DF/DB/PB for free if you can "cancel" PGF combinations and still get all items back.

• Like 1