Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

There's already a rifle that pierces similar to how DM special does. I forget what it's called.

It's called Rianov 303SNR-5

[/edit]

Edited by Dutch Ride
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Hydromystic said:

Make some really badass custom weapons that drop all year round but have incredibly difficult odds like one in a million. 

10 hours ago, Kikori said:

Honestly, I'd be satisfied with something other than just a Sealed J-sword being the "One ID to farm one monster for a 1/10000 chance for the dream drop" item.

If it is about the pride of getting a rare item, you have the 10 ID cards already (it's lame there is no banner for them though)
If it is about efficiency of such rare item, I can already see people farm it like there is no tomorrow and get burnt
of PSO and disgusted as they don't get it and there is no other place to farm them...
I'd like to give ID cards an incredible ATP or ATA boost to make them more unique since you can put any special to them.

If the TJS is a free man's Dark Flow, why not a free man's Dark Meteor with something that shoots animated like a Baranz Launcher but only fires the beam?

We could consider Arrest Needle as the "free man's Dark Meteor", as for the special: as Dutch Ride mentionned. Rianov-5 is yet another underused weapon because of DM. (especially strong against Dal ra lie and Barba ray for instance)
DM has by far the most powerful special of this game.

If Psycho Wand is 45% and Psycho Bridge is (basically) 85%, a 65% middleground wouldn't be unreasonable.

PGF is the most expensive item of the game and PB is undervaluated already, hence why I don't mind it being by far better than any other RA-boost tech weapon.
You still have Quasar Staff for 60% Rafoie boost.
If we really had to make a boost level between those two items (PW/PB), I would honestly rather have Prophets of Motav buffed.
This weapon is exactly what you said: "One ID to farm one monster for a 1/10000 chance for the dream drop" (1/11457 Dark Bringer Oran) but is such useless with its current 25% RA-boost.
I found two of them and the only reason I use it is that it looks cool.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dutch Ride said:

There's already a rifle that pierces similar to how DM special does. I forget what it's called.

It's called Rianov 303SNR-5

[/edit]

Edited by Stark 1

13 minutes ago, Stark 1 said:

Sounds like you’ve never owned one . If you have then you should also know that it’s not really the same kind of special . They both do pierce but dark meteors special leaves somewhat of an echo there that can still deal damage to whatever crosses into its path further more it makes it so that you can hit an enemy that hasn’t spawned completely to get hit multiple times as soon as it spawns cause the beams can overlap do to that echo . Can’t do that with other pierce weapons so it’s not the same special mate .

And TJS's special is "not really the same kind of special" as Dark Flow's special, this was about a "free man's" equivalent which Ria5 (or Arrest Needle like @R-78 pointed out) fits pretty well. When someone compares apples to oranges you can not get hostile over a comparison of apples to pears so to speak.

• Like 5
  • Dw 1

1 minute ago, C01D1 said:

If Rianov 5 had hell instead of dark every ranger would want one. The day that some item is created to make that happen I will be a happy man.

The day that happens i'll be sad cuz i sold mine :cr-happy-dancing:

• Haha 1
  • Dw 1

1 hour ago, R-78 said:

If it is about the pride of getting a rare item, you have the 10 ID cards already (it's lame there is no banner for them though)
I'd like to give ID cards an incredible ATP or ATA boost to make them more unique since you can put any special to them.

Love this. ID cards definitely need a banner and some sort of usefulness. They are cool trophies but I'd like to show them of and have them actually be worth using.

• Like 4

Hello, this is the first time that I post in this thread, so I wanna know about if are in agreement to activate this attribute from the Crimson Coat for ALL ''Red Weapons'' ?

'"A long, red coat with silver cuffs." 
When Red Slicer, Red Saber, or Red Dagger are equipped, ATP is raised by 50% of that weapon's ATP. Also ATA is raised by 22 on the Red Slicer, Red Saber, and Red Dagger''.
  And a little more power.  It's funny to play with those weps and their complete set but i think they need a little upgrade, without saying the grateful easter egg they keep c':

I have an idea of the Inferno Girasole on 3. Girasole on special: "cyclone cuts" aoe 30% hp loss only Hunter do you think that's good sound?

this is my opinion --> (because the Girasole is already same special on Inferno Girasole) :onion-head22:

4 hours ago, Salem11 said:

I have an idea of the Inferno Girasole on 3. Girasole on special: "cyclone cuts" aoe 30% hp loss only Hunter do you think that's good sound?

this is my opinion --> (because the Girasole is already same special on Inferno Girasole) :onion-head22:

If you can learn to code new specials into the game, GO FOR IT.

Otherwise, Soly and others can only work with specials already on other existing weapons unfortunately.

If Sega would release the source code for PSOBB this would all change...

Edited by Trigunman
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I doubt they can even if they wanted too. Knowing Sega, they probably left the source code in an external hard drive left in a closet.

Anyways a quest that uses PDs to add hit to weapons would be pretty neat. If rarity is an issue maybe make it double the normal rate for adding %s to weapons.

Also a battle mode tournament would be pretty cool if the mods could organize it.

Unfortunately, adding Hit to weapons by spending PDs is only really done as a very rare GM-hosted event. Once in 2017, once in 2015, and I don't know before that. It's not a gimme, not assured, and it's pretty much the only way we'll get it. Given World of Illusion's existence and nature, it's pretty likely the "best" players would resume the four-man grind for PDs for days like what's happened in the past.
Something permanent for the server would probably have to reflect what happens with adding hit to Monster Part weapons. Increasing quantities of the trade-in item per attempt, item lost on success AND failure, more chance to fail as you go, caps at 50%. I'd figure "risk 10 Photon Drops for a 100% chance to boost your weapon from 0% to 10% hit" leading up to "Risk 50 Photon Drops for a 20% chance to boost your weapon from 40% to 50% hit" is a low enough ceiling and hard enough grind to be a possible balance.

Edited by Kikori
  • Like 1