Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

All hail the Queen of Ultima, Respecc-78! First of her name. Protector of the server. Breaker of chains. Long may she reign! uwu

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, Harvest said:

New Suggestion - Lead Admin role.

Someone basically just under Larva who can do all the owner stuff without actually being the owner. They can sort stuff like events, mini-events, new items, hiring new mods, etc. This would mean the server could continue to improve without every decision being run by Larva.

This would need to be someone trustworthy and active, and my vote would be @R-78

My vote is cast for @serverus

• Like 4

Well the thing is if R-78 is up to it. You guys with the free time have to consider the fact she has a day to day life outside of pso. Sure she might be highly active but I’m sure she uses some of her personal time to play a game and enjoy herself with her teammates. Doing events and all the other stuff other gms and the admins do is a lot of work. At the end of the day it all falls under larva’s hands and also R-78 acceptance of taking such a role. 

• Like 2

what's up with the votes lol.

I been absent i know. I read time to time the comments in this topic, even the ones that aren't constructive at all >.> . And we do take in to consideration the users input. But suggestions is for us to see and take what we think is good. The all year round of the PGF wont happen any time soon and no it's not about the donations if that would be the case i can just add the PGF to the list of DTS.

And im not the only one who take decisions here. GM's came up with the mini events, they just tell me their ideas and 99% of the times i say go a head. The true is that we  don't have staff members who have the time to run mini-event every time.

R78 is been trying to host a mini event since i don't remember when but she is been busy with other stuff. I'm sure she will do it when she has the time. Is the same for the rest of the staff, since is their time we can't force them or rush them in to trow a mini-event.

About new items, tbh we been talking (staff members) about new items and we have get in the same point, OP weapons are out of the table for some time. We try to get some mid items and collectibles because we do believe we realized too many OP ones in the past, that's the reason we haven't make more of this.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Emewn said:

RAmar & RAmarl get no love, and I must say it disturbs me to see low level human rangers struggle

How would a buff on Arrest Needle make it more balanced between ranger classes? A rifle range would even make it worse as it would mostly benefit Racast and Racaseal because of their paralysis native boost...

Ramarl can support so she can be really useful to a team that has no force, and is also really strong solo as she can buff herself. Ramar has the best ATA, especially powerful for using Demon in Tower for instance.

I agree Ultima is not well balanced: to me the class that require love the most is Humar, although many people would disagree with me and say Hunewearl is worse, but Rangers are definitely strong enough.

I hope staff members actually listen to the users, and make changes based on what the users want.

But what do users want? As you can see, most people here disagree with that AN suggestion. It is basically making it a DM with higher speed but reduced ATP and no special.

13 hours ago, Stark 1 said:

an idea to improve the server , make another top tier item like cent/battle , Dark weapons, STA and Red Ring . Something that’s really hard to farm like STA is during an event  but  worthy. It’s been ages since something of this caliber was made .

I personally think this could have been achieved last year if Ultima Bringer and Arrest Faust were better than they are. Or if Ten Years Blade was actually a drop from Anniversary item.

That might make some drama though as some people could get really frustrated farming and not finding such item in the event given time. (like it happens with PGF)

13 hours ago, Kikori said:

Honestly, with PSO2 looming on the horizon, there's never been a better time to make the broken gear much more publicly available. I wouldn't ask it to be a 1/100 PGF drop rate, but still, we've got less than a year before almost everything we've done here goes in a history book. I'd say going out with a bang beats dwindling to nothing because of waiting on a single event to come and go.

That is not going to happen, many people I know have tried PSO2 and most of them came back to PSOBB. PSO2 and PSOBB are totally different, so may PSOBB live forever!

On 10/06/2019 at 7:24 PM, Starlord said:

Can we just go ahead and get DM for hucast and DF for forces. Since all of our ideas are good.

Your suggestion is quite foolish while those other recent ideas actually make sense.

I believe that was a joke.

16 hours ago, mudkipzjm said:

We already have enough broken stuff on this server. If AN was given rifle range, it'd outclass anything else rangers would use besides maybe some mechguns. Let's please attempt to keep whatever bit of balance we still have left on this server.

I don't mind adding "good" items for Ultima though as far as they are not broken or replace any other already existing item. Bomb-chu is a pretty good example for it.

2 hours ago, Dutch Ride said:

All hail the Queen of Ultima, Respecc-78! First of her name. Protector of the server. Breaker of chains. Long may she reign! uwu

Last month I tried to put this into my member title but it didn't fit xD

<< Shiida of the House Blue Burst, the First of Her Name, The Unburnt, Queen of the Pioneers, the Machines and the First Hunters, Queen of Ultima, Khaleesi of Gal Da Val, Protector of the Server, Lady Regnant of the Fifteen Lobbies, Breaker of Epsilons and Mother of Gol Dragons. >>

1 hour ago, Starlord said:

Well the thing is if R-78 is up to it. You guys with the free time have to consider the fact she has a day to day life outside of pso. Sure she might be highly active but I’m sure she uses some of her personal time to play a game and enjoy herself with her teammates. Doing events and all the other stuff other gms and the admins do is a lot of work. At the end of the day it all falls under larva’s hands and also R-78 acceptance of taking such a role. 

Why not I'd say. If Larva wants, that is.

27 minutes ago, Larva said:

R78 is been trying to host a mini event since i don't remember when but she is been busy with other stuff. I'm sure she will do it when she has the time. Is the same for the rest of the staff, since is their time we can't force them or rush them in to trow a mini-event.

But I need you to change the drop tables for it, I can't do that xD

Anyways this is gonna wait because we should start Summer Event soon.

Since you're here, I'm asking again, could I reopen the Momoka shop some day? ^^

I may be busy sometimes but I definitely have some spare time for our community, I am working on a new (and my last) quest by the way (gonna take me long).

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, R-78 said:
13 hours ago, Stark 1 said:

an idea to improve the server , make another top tier item like cent/battle , Dark weapons, STA and Red Ring . Something that’s really hard to farm like STA is during an event  but  worthy. It’s been ages since something of this caliber was made .

I personally think this could have been achieved last year if Ultima Bringer and Arrest Faust were better than they are. Or if Ten Years Blade was actually a drop from Anniversary item.

That might make some drama though as some people could get really frustrated farming and not finding such item in the event given time. (like it happens with PGF)

I did try to achieve this but my members of the staff set the drops too easy.. I did check the drops and change them to make it more hard but then i get my members yelling at me >.> .. ..

7 minutes ago, R-78 said:

But I need you to change the drop tables for it, I can't do that xD

Anyways this is gonna wait because we should start Summer Event soon.

Since you're here, I'm asking again, could I reopen the Momoka shop some day? ^^

We dont change the drops tables for mini events.

Momoka Shop quest like I said , it's bugged and open to exploits its the reason is not up.

Just to preface that none of this is aimed at insulting you Larva, I know you put a lot of effort into the game and Ultima wouldn't be here without you.

I've been in a few communities before where the owner has, for whatever reason, become more inactive than they used to. In some cases, the owner has appointed someone to basically oversee all the normal runnings of it because nobody can play a game for years and not get burnt out on it. Most of the reason I brought up the Lead Admin idea was because of a suggestion I put in a while back (which I felt was reasonable if it was balanced properly - I offered to help with the balancing) which gained a bit of traction, but was ultimately ignored, and further up this thread where R-78 said she hadn't gotten responses to some event ideas she'd suggested.

It's more of a suggestion to help the server run smoothly - give the lead admin powers to change all the game stuff, and to hire some mods to assist in all of this. Some of the more dedicated players could definitely help out, seeing as some of the staff disappear for months at a time.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Larva said:

We dont change the drops tables for mini events.

Didn't we do it for april fools and 4/20? My 3 days mini-event require that :/

1 minute ago, Larva said:

Momoka Shop quest like I said , it's bugged and open to exploits its the reason is not up.

Nah, as I said on Hangouts, I didn't mean the quest, just allowing players to exchange their tickets for Momoka items with a GM.

4 minutes ago, R-78 said:

Didn't we do it for april fools and 4/20? My 3 days mini-event require that :/

I did not change the drop tables for that. You can announce the drops in the event topics i guess.

4 minutes ago, R-78 said:

Nah, as I said on Hangouts, I didn't mean the quest, just allowing players to exchange their tickets for Momoka items with a GM

well we will have to change the requirements for the prices. but yeah

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, I'd be satisfied with something other than just a Sealed J-sword being the "One ID to farm one monster for a 1/10000 chance for the dream drop" item.

If the TJS is a free man's Dark Flow, why not a free man's Dark Meteor with something that shoots animated like a Baranz Launcher but only fires the beam? If Psycho Wand is 45% and Psycho Bridge is (basically) 85%, a 65% middleground wouldn't be unreasonable.

Edited by Kikori
  • Like 1