Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

7 hours ago, Starlord said:

Can we just go ahead and get DM for hucast and DF for forces. Since all of our ideas are good.

Your suggestion is quite foolish while those other recent ideas actually make sense.
Arrest Needle with Rifle range, and L&K38 Combat or Master Raven combo unlocked for HUcast would be legit.
I wouldn't have made such a suggestion if I didn't know PSO well. 

Arrest Needle is not as good as it could be considering an event item is required to make it.
Matter of fact a lot of weapons are like that, and I feel some changes should be made to make gear more useful. 
RAmar & RAmarl get no love, and I must say it disturbs me to see low level human rangers struggle, because the staff member here think it should be that way.
I understand folks favor melee forces more and what not, but lets be honest. Ultima server isn't balanced at all. Not for human rangers at least.

I don't speak for myself, because I have nearly everything I need to be effective on each of my 21 characters. They're all geared & capable of decent DPS.
All of my rangers have Arrest Needle, and I don't even use that weapon, but I would if it had rifle range.

I made such suggestions for the sake of others.

There should be no reason the only good base attack spread weapon for human rangers is far out of reach for casual players.
Many lv200 human rangers still struggle to get a hold of Dark Meteors. It shouldn't be so difficult that folks have to donate to see the kind of DPS they want to achieve.

I can tell that this server is made as difficult as it is to generate more donations, and I must say it's enough bad of a fact for me to feel the need to point out.

I hope staff members actually listen to the users, and make changes based on what the users want.

Last time folks released new gear they were trash. We don't need more collectibles.
Folks don't even wanna hunt for Two Kamui now a days lol.

And Two Kamui is quite the collectible. I still need to get me some. Seriously. We don't need more collectible trash gear being released.

• Dislike 3

40 minutes ago, Emewn said:

Your suggestion is quite foolish while those other recent ideas actually make sense.
Arrest Needle with Rifle range, and L&K38 Combat or Master Raven combo unlocked for HUcast would be legit.

Arrest Needle is not as good as it could be considering an event item is required to make it.
Matter of fact a lot of weapons are like that, and I feel some changes should be made to make gear more useful. 
RAmar & RAmarl get no love, and I must say it disturbs me to see low level human rangers struggle, because the staff member here think it should be that way.
I understand folks favor melee forces more and what not, but lets be honest. Ultima server isn't balanced at all. Not for human rangers at least.

I don't speak for myself, because I have nearly everything I need to be effective on each of my 21 characters. They're all geared & capable of decent DPS.
All of my rangers have Arrest Needle, and I don't even use that weapon, but I would if it had rifle range.

There should be no reason the only good base attack spread weapon for human rangers is far out of reach for casual players.
Many lv200 human rangers still struggle to get a hold of Dark Meteors. It shouldn't be so difficult that folks have to donate to see the kind of DPS they want to achieve.

I can tell that this server is made as difficult as it is to generate more donations, and I must say it's enough bad of a fact for me to feel the need to point out.

I hope staff members actually listen to the users, and make changes based on what the users want.

Last time folks released new gear they were trash. We don't need more collectibles.

And Two Kamui is quite the collectible. I still need to get me some. Seriously. We don't need more collectible trash gear being released.

I wouldn’t call last couple of custom items trash, sure they are not DM or DF caliber but if you’re smart about it and know how to use them you’ll be ok. Water gun is more useful than people think, kod and boomerang have saved people the time of going through challenge mode to get their sranks. Triforce event items are super good, Millie Faucilles is super OP. And if you’re referring to the weed shields are trash items, that was a troll event and was heavily advertised as such. Don’t get me wrong, I get your point at listening to the community but at the end of the day will be these peoples time that they are doing it for free and all we do is bash them. They have to test the item, they have to set the stats and special so it’s not mega game breaking. We can’t just expect to throw ideas out there and means it’s gonna work. Sure you can say “other servers have done it why can’t we?”. I know I troll a lot too but if an idea gets shot down don’t get discourage, either try again or come up with another idea. I’m sure one day your emewn guard will be a thing. 

Edited by Starlord
  • Like 2

We already have enough broken stuff on this server. If AN was given rifle range, it'd outclass anything else rangers would use besides maybe some mechguns. Let's please attempt to keep whatever bit of balance we still have left on this server.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Emewn said:

Why should the best weapons in the game be easily accessible to those who do not put in the time for them??? Donations are not necessary to get these... its just time and effort.

Additionally, there are other options (IF/PF) that do just fine.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, RocketTots said:

Why should the best weapons in the game be easily accessible to those who do not put in the time for them??? Donations are not necessary to get these... its just time and effort.

Additionally, there are other options (IF/PF) that do just fine.

Only casts can use IF and PF.

But even then human rangers have a lot of great weapons at their disposal, Psycho Ravens and MF for instance. AN is pretty great already too , and many more . 

3 hours ago, Emewn said:

Rangers have it the easiest in this game man . All the best weapons are ranger weapons and are easiest to kill the game with .

Edited by Stark 1
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Stark 1 said:

Only casts can use IF and PF.

But even then human rangers have a lot of great weapons at their disposal, Psycho Ravens and MF for instance. AN is pretty great already too , and many more . 

Rangers have it the easiest in this game man . All the best weapons are ranger weapons and are easiest to kill the game with .

Good point. But yeah the main theme here is that A) DWs are meant to be difficult to obtain and B ) there are plenty of other good weps.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Emewn said:

If an event item requirement makes a weapon bad, does that also exclude Iron Faust, the Dark Weapons, and so on from being good?

You could always suggest specific weapon upgrades.

Name one staff member who can be proven by post or screenshot to actually want to spite any individual class.

Human rangers are arguably the strongest due to RAmar accuracy and no-unit possiblity, and RAmarl's high MST plus Episode IV boss viability. They're sure as !@#$ not the weakest out there.

If you don't use any of your Arrest needles, then you have a lot you could give to people who would have fun using them, right?

There should be no reason casual players have no decent Needle-style weapon that isn't associated with an upgade to Arrest, I agree. I'd enjoy a Spread Needle -1 that's easier to farm. But when you do hit that point of a multi-target weapon with endgame worthy stats, that takes your output from 0 to 60 in a hurry. It makes sense for the line between casual and endgame weapons to require time, effort, and/or sacrifice.

• Like 2

an idea to improve the server , make another top tier item like cent/battle , Dark weapons, STA and Red Ring . Something that’s really hard to farm like STA is during an event  but  worthy. It’s been ages since something of this caliber was made .

• Like 2

Honestly, with PSO2 looming on the horizon, there's never been a better time to make the broken gear much more publicly available. I wouldn't ask it to be a 1/100 PGF drop rate, but still, we've got less than a year before almost everything we've done here goes in a history book. I'd say going out with a bang beats dwindling to nothing because of waiting on a single event to come and go.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kikori said:

Honestly, with PSO2 looming on the horizon, there's never been a better time to make the broken gear much more publicly available. I wouldn't ask it to be a 1/100 PGF drop rate, but still, we've got less than a year before almost everything we've done here goes in a history book. I'd say going out with a bang beats dwindling to nothing because of waiting on a single event to come and go.

PSO2 has been accessible for years. This will not be the end of Ultima or psobb. Not a reason to make it so everyone in the game is DM spamming space lizards in the face.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Everyone's asked Larva, including the other GMs, for year round PGF drops. But when you let people donate hundreds of dollars per month for in game pixels, I guess there really is no reason to have it be all year round. Having end-game gear only be available 1 month out of the year is a terrible idea and should've been changed years ago.

• Like 1

I personally like the idea of event-only end game items. It creates some exclusivity and makes me excited to play whenever an event drops. Of course it's probably way easier for me to say that since I got two PGFs last Christmas event lol

On the subject of making another top tier item, I don't think every single item that comes out from now on should be the new meta. Besides didn't we just get Ten Years Blade? That thing is strong as hecc. 

I'm not even going to entertain the idea of Rangers being underpowered for obvious reasons others have already stated. 

PS: More communication from the server admin would be lovely <3 [/edit]

Edited by Dutch Ride
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

New Suggestion - Lead Admin role.

Someone basically just under Larva who can do all the owner stuff without actually being the owner. They can sort stuff like events, mini-events, new items, hiring new mods, etc. This would mean the server could continue to improve without every decision being run by Larva.

This would need to be someone trustworthy and active, and my vote would be @R-78

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1