Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

35 minutes ago, Noob Saibot said:

Add a requirement field to justify downvote on someone's post, just like when we edit our own posts.

This may be useful as a countermeasure to reputation system abuses.

4 minutes ago, mudkipzjm said:

Honestly, at this point, I'd say just make it not count against your current reputation. It doesn't need to have a negative impact to let someone know what they're saying is rude/dumb.

It’s really not that big of a deal guys . 

1 hour ago, Stark 1 said:

Notifications when someone sends you DTs would be helpful, instead of having to check 

How bout this tho 😗:onion-head49:

Edited by Stark 1

7 minutes ago, Stark 1 said:

It’s really not the big of a deal guys . 

How bout this tho 😗:onion-head49:

Yes, this

also make it so people can't send odd amounts of DTs (i.e. .69, .01). i know it's a fun joke to send that much once in awhile but there's not much having the ability to do that

also could have have the hotkeys to change the lobbyevents back? we still have the ones for cam and hud, doesn't make sense not to include lobby event

Edited by mudkipzjm

The DTs stuff is done by a third party so I doubt any would happen (decimals or notifications).
Larva can suggest it tho.

About the hotkeys... the camera and hud (and map) are specific while the lobby event ones were like a cycle kinda thing which I didn't like so I probably wont bring them back.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an idea, but having ep4 pioneer ship look different than ep1 pioneer would be awesome. You could even hold a vote for potential colors/appearances. Maybe more rundown or even an entirely different color. I think it should add to the ep4 feel. Dunno if it's possible server wide but I think it would be awesome

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if this is a proper subject for this kind of topic but I didn't feel like making a topic just for that.

I noticed it's been a long time we don't see any of the usual mini-events. Last one happened on December, the Holiday Battle Tournament. We also had the 20th April Day, but that's not exactly a mini-event. We also had the one I hosted on Valentine's Day, but we all know that event was meant for only a small portion of player base who wanted a challenge.

By this time of the year we would have had the following mini-events:
- Serverus Mini Event (to add special to weapons)
- Momoka's Shop Mini Event (to redeem Item Tickets that dropped from Easter Eggs)
- Another Mini-Event that was hmmm... cancelled/postponed? (I know about it since it has been discussed on #moderation of Ultima's Official Discord)

None of them happened so far. Summer is near, and judging from what we already saw, we are not even sure if the meme mini-event that happens annually will happen.

Here is a list of some events we don't see since a quite good time:
- Hit Event (was it replaced by New Year Cards??, last one was on December 2017)
- Lottery (replaced by New Year Cards, happened on February 2018)
- Custom Mag Mini Event (last one happened on June 2017)
- S-Ranks with Charge Special

So I would like to suggest to bring back some of those mini-events, and also, I'd like to suggest some new kinds of mini-event:
- An event where you can increase Hit percentage on some selected weapons above the 80% for a limited amount of time.
- An event where you can max the DFP and EVP on Armors/Shields, like Wedding Dress, Red Ring, Virus Armor: Lafuteria, Neutron Skin and so on
- A very special/unique mini event where the prize is a custom weapon of winners choice, must be something hard to accomplish.

This is just an attempt to keep the server active and to give more variety of events other than the seasonal ones that always happen in the same way, every year.

Edited by Noob Saibot
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Requested to make 3 different mini events in the past few months (including Momoka shop) but none of them got an approval.

• Like 3
  • Sad 7

Is it possible to make the mag levels display the first / default window displayed, as opposed to the numeric stats? Like, changing the one in the photo to be page one of three?

Display.png

On 30/05/2019 at 11:51 PM, R-78 said:

Requested to make 3 different mini events in the past few months (including Momoka shop) but none of them got an approval.

Okay but, why? Why are ideas that will bring life to the server being vetoed when the community is small enough as it is? I seriously doubt it's because it'd be "too OP", because - newsflash - there are already a shitton of things in the game that are OP. 

And I'm going to add (because I have precisely one drum and I'm going to bang it) that I'm still pissed that my L&K idea posted a few pages back has basically been dropped because one person thinks it's overpowered. As if a HUcast can't dismantle an Epsilon in seconds anyway, as if the 80 hit demon weapons aren't going to kill it as soon as its opens it's shields.

Having new items and old events (and hell, new events) is only going to help fight the stagnation that the server seems to be slipping into. Here's my suggestion to improve the server - get a few people together who can make events and want to add things to the game, and let them make stuff more interesting. 

• Like 7

42 minutes ago, Harvest said:

Why are ideas that will bring life to the server being vetoed when the community is small enough as it is?

Those ones were actually not vetoed but rather say... they didn't get a reply.

On 03/06/2019 at 7:19 PM, Emewn said:

Please Give Arrest Needle Rifle Range

No, Arrest Needle is powerful enough, it can easily replace DM in many situations and not that hard to get.

• Dw 1

On 6/3/2019 at 1:19 PM, Emewn said:

Please Give Arrest Needle Rifle Range

On DC the Spread Needle had rifle range and it was great :)  

• Like 1