Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

You can also follow the Happy Hour topic so when there is a notification in the last 3 hours, most likely HH is on

• Like 3
  • Dw 1

I suppose said topic would end up being useless eventually.... if I implement this.
And I guess is better since it would say how much is left and which ships have HH (If we add more)...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Soly said:

I suppose said topic would end up being useless eventually.... if I implement this.

The topic can send you email notifications even when you are offline... are you willing to implement that as well?

But yeah if you do it at least there will be no more troll false alerts and no need to post in the thread. (sometimes people being lazy and don't post HH alerts xD)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Give Veterans some privileges for achieving four years of community like for example, give more reactions per day and remove waiting time for new posts (i.e. remove anti-spam protection).

EDIT: And rework the reputation/veteran title achievement system, to be described later.

Edited by Noob Saibot

A weapon that gives more than 40% to all Gi techs. 

A shield that gives significantly more than 30% boost to Rabarta. An item that lets you cycle through sidegrades on Hylian Shield like Halo Rappy Soul does for RR would be cool. Deku Shield, Mirror Shield, etc. 

Foney/Fonewm specific items since FOmarl and FOmar have Agent K Costume and Godric's Cloak.

Something weaker than IF but comparable to Banana Cannon in power level for RAmarl/RAmar. Obviously combo unlocked CR would be way too strong. Frozen Shooter gaining piercing but getting combo locked when transforming into Snow Queen is a thing. CR transforming into something with way less ATP but combo unlocked seems reasonable. 

Something OP exclusive to RAcaseal. I know it's not possible to balance classes/subclasses in PSO, but there's just no reason other than "I felt like it" for making RAcaseal over RAcast. I assume the same can largely be said about the other pair of casts. I have only played HUcast and that was on GCN, so I can't comment on those two.

Completely change what Minecraft Costume does. It's the last costume in the sequence and is by far the worst one. Piercing Megid sucks. One FO has it built in automatically, Megid isn't very good since Hell is so good on Ultima anyway, and if someone really wants piercing Megid for a few seconds, they can equip a weapon to do it. The costumes are all largely geared toward helping FOs. FOs suck at generating PB compared to other classes, even PB/Increase would be way better than piercing Megid. I think it should be a lot stronger than PB/Increase, but I think that boost is a decent starting point. Is built in V801 casting speed possible? That would be something else reasonable. idk. Just not piercing Megid.

On the subject of piercing Megid, give Dark Bridge a Jellen range boost instead of piercing Megid. Unless you are PSO Ultima rich, there's just no reason to make a DB and keep it as a DB. While 35% Grants over Sacred Bow is nice, it's not even remotely worth using a PGF on. Even Grants 85% and JZ isn't really enough, but again...piercing Megid sucks. At least giving it the JZ boost makes it a straight upgrade over Glide and gives it a bit more of that endgame weaponry feel that anything PGF creates should give you. DB is the coolest looking rod weapon in the game and extremely difficult to get, it should do something great.

Allow newmans to use at least 50 more materials. Not a huge boost at all. Does essentially nothing for Huney. Just lets Foney and Fonewm get closer to a build that allows them to max their 4 relevant stats rather than 3, something that the other two FOs can do fairly easily. The newman FOs having much better max ATA is not nearly as much of a boon on Ultima as it has been other places or in vanilla.

State/Maintenance. Even if it's very rare. Wouldn't be OP at all. Takes a fraction of a second to Sol Atomizer yourself if you get a status effect that you aren't immune to from your class trait, a Cure unit or can't Anti 5-7 off yourself. State/Maintenance would just be a nice QOL item since tons of 200 builds have a slot open for a Cure unit anyway.

And last but not least.........

Make PGF available year round (I know, I'm hilarious) at 1/1000 on all IDs.

Edited by shong
  • Like 1

On 24/04/2019 at 6:05 AM, Noob Saibot said:

Give Veterans some privileges for achieving four years of community like for example, give more reactions per day than commons members and remove waiting time for new posts (i.e. remove anti-spam protection).

Problem is that currently as it is, Ultima Veteran means nothing really because you can literally make an account, go away for 4 years and come back with Veteran title and still 0 posted content and reputation. I'd rather give priviledges to someone who joined a year ago but is active everyday rather than someone who logs once every 4 years

6 hours ago, shong said:

A weapon that gives more than 40% to all Gi techs. 

Magical Piece was boosted to 40% already, I wanted to have Quasar Staff +45% Gifoie /+110% Gibarta /+70% Gizonde boosts instead of Barta/Gizonde/Rafoie though

A shield that gives significantly more than 30% boost to Rabarta.

But then, every SI/RA Merge shield would be totally useless... I don't really like to just make a better version of an item without any other real change, unless it's made from the item itself (or unless the old item is really ugly)

An item that lets you cycle through sidegrades on Hylian Shield like Halo Rappy Soul does for RR would be cool. Deku Shield, Mirror Shield, etc. 

No. Hylian Shields are rare enough as a yearly event drop only, the thing worked for RR as it is all year round and people farm them a lot and almost all classes use that same shield.
If we were to release those other shields you suggested, better have them drop from other places than just making numerous combinations of Hylian Shield.

Foney/Fonewm specific items since FOmarl and FOmar have Agent K Costume and Godric's Cloak.

Fonew--- have the strongest spells among the Force class already. What kind of items are you suggesting?

Something OP exclusive to RAcaseal.

Mille Faucilles has been specifically made for Ramarl and Racaseal.

I know it's not possible to balance classes/subclasses in PSO, but there's just no reason other than "I felt like it" for making RAcaseal over RAcast.

I agree Racast is better in most situations, but sometimes you may prefer the little ATA bonus over Racast, such as using traps+hell in Seabed.

I assume the same can largely be said about the other pair of casts. I have only played HUcast and that was on GCN, so I can't comment on those two.

Not really, lot of veteran players prefer Hucaseal over Hucast because his ATA is too low and their weapon animations are different.

Completely change what Minecraft Costume does. Is built in V801 casting speed possible? That would be something else reasonable. idk. Just not piercing Megid.

Fair enough

On the subject of piercing Megid, give Dark Bridge a Jellen range boost instead of piercing Megid. Unless you are PSO Ultima rich, there's just no reason to make a DB and keep it as a DB. While 35% Grants over Sacred Bow is nice, it's not even remotely worth using a PGF on. Even Grants 85% and JZ isn't really enough, but again...piercing Megid sucks. At least giving it the JZ boost makes it a straight upgrade over Glide and gives it a bit more of that endgame weaponry feel that anything PGF creates should give you. DB is the coolest looking rod weapon in the game and extremely difficult to get, it should do something great.

No... I was already against the Zalure range addition and wanted to give it something more unique instead like a +70% Gifoie since Zalure is totally pointless when you have a Glide divine, which is the best weapon ever for support players (JZ + 15 all res + 90 def, get all the experience in team rooms by just lowering enemies' stats).

I personally like to use DB on my Fonewm in episode IV for both Grants boost and Megid pierce against Dorphons [Eclair] for example.

And good thing my Grants boost request was accepted because it used to be +50% (as much as Sacred Bow) which made DB totally useless (its cool look was the only reason I was still using one)

Allow newmans to use at least 50 more materials. Not a huge boost at all. Does essentially nothing for Huney. Just lets Foney and Fonewm get closer to a build that allows them to max their 4 relevant stats rather than 3, something that the other two FOs can do fairly easily.

I actually wanted to also see that limit boost on Hunewearl specifically since I can't see any good reason to give her the newman's restriction while she has so much potential in MST to increase.

State/Maintenance. Even if it's very rare. Wouldn't be OP at all. Takes a fraction of a second to Sol Atomizer yourself if you get a status effect that you aren't immune to from your class trait, a Cure unit or can't Anti 5-7 off yourself. State/Maintenance would just be a nice QOL item since tons of 200 builds have a slot open for a Cure unit anyway.

Saith's reply

Make PGF available year round (I know, I'm hilarious) at 1/1000 on all IDs.

We all kinda want that but Larva said no.

• Thanks 3

8 hours ago, R-78 said:

Magical Piece was boosted to 40% already, I wanted to have Quasar Staff +45% Gifoie /+110% Gibarta /+70% Gizonde boosts instead of Barta/Gizonde/Rafoie though

Strongly agree this would be better and make way more sense. Those boosts are very much in line with how useful those 3 techs are in the first place. Gifoie doesn't really need anything but a novelty +5% over MP is cool. Gizonde could use a little help and Gibarta...don't know if anything can help it, but the more the better. Unless someone has some very specific quest that comes to mind, Barta/Gizonde/Rafoie is more like "here's 1 random tech of each element that gets a boost, enjoy.

8 hours ago, R-78 said:

But then, every SI/RA Merge shield would be totally useless... I don't really like to just make a better version of an item without any other real change, unless it's made from the item itself (or unless the old item is really ugly)

Right. I guess this is kinda just an issue in my head where Hylian Shield is so good. And Rafoie is already by far the most centralizing Ep4 tech for FOs in solo play, followed by Rabarta. So somehow Rafoie gets an astronomical boost with HS and Rabarta is forced into being good at shield changing for a significantly smaller boost. I know Godric's Cloak exists for FOmar. Maybe it's enough that he specifically gets a significantly bigger Rabarta boost (Fonewm obviously gets an extra 30% to all inherently), though he'd have to pass on Samurai Armor in that case.

8 hours ago, R-78 said:

No. Hylian Shields are rare enough as a yearly event drop only, the thing worked for RR as it is all year round and people farm them a lot and almost all classes use that same shield.
If we were to release those other shields you suggested, better have them drop from other places than just making numerous combinations of Hylian Shield.

In this situation just using it as an example, also because there are conveniently numerous shields in the Zelda series. New shields works too. I know that Hylian Shield and Master Sword are the chase items of the Triforce event but it's weird that Hylian is just far and away the best tech damage shield in the game and after that you are stuck with decent all around Gi/Si tech boost shields and then pretty dusty single tech boost shields. Maybe just give a big boost to all the individual tech merges. Gifoie/Rabarta would still be the only 2 useful ones really. Between Ali's, Vol Opt and 3 Seals and various RR costumes we essentially have all the merges that another server once had. So glad we have the RR costumes, one of my favorite things in the game. The reality is unless you are a great shield switcher (also not a fun way to play imo), you're better off just using 3 Seals than Rabarta Merge since you'll get -5% to Rabarta but still 25% to Rafoie/Razonde in the likely event you occasionally needs to get a cast of those in

8 hours ago, R-78 said:

Fonew--- have the strongest spells among the Force class already. What kind of items are you suggesting?

I dunno. Just seems like they could use something. We both know that tech % boosts are SIGNIFICANTLY more relevant to tech damage than having more MST anyway.  Additionally, in multiplayer, newman FOs are typically locked into maxing ATP/ATA/LCK (LCK to a lesser degree with Foney I suppose but still almost surely worth it over MST) to be most useful to their party in the vast majority of quests/team compositions, so with Ultima stats being what they are, the reality is that newman FOs aren't able to max MST while human FOs are, so the newmans won't actually get to use that extra MST. Mag switching to cast Resta is not really realistic in most battle situations (and meaningless outside of combat) and costs them the PB they had on their other mag even if they did choose to do so. Just getting access to 50 more mats which will basically just be a 100 MST increase for them at all times might be enough. But items are more fun :P Maybe something like longer range (even rifle range) demon's mechs for Foney since that fits well with her flavor. Idk about Fonewm, maybe the same thing. However, you guys already introduced Samba's Fiesta for FO and yet another demon's mech exclusive to even less FOs is probably unreasonable. Piercing Bringer's? idk.

8 hours ago, R-78 said:

Mille Faucilles has been specifically made for Ramarl and Racaseal.

I agree Racast is better in most situations, but sometimes you may prefer the little ATA bonus over Racast, such as using traps+hell in Seabed.

Fair enough. Finally upgraded my MM to MF on my RAmarl yesterday, it's a great weapon on her. I absolutely love RA class and despite trying to like Racl a couple times, she just never did it for me. Pesonal bias maybe.

8 hours ago, R-78 said:

No... I was already against the Zalure range addition and wanted to give it something more unique instead like a +70% Gifoie since Zalure is totally pointless when you have a Glide divine, which is the best weapon ever for support players (JZ + 15 all res + 90 def, get all the experience in team rooms by just lowering enemies' stats).

I personally like to use DB on my Fonewm in episode IV for both Grants boost and Megid pierce against Dorphons [Eclair] for example.

And good thing my Grants boost request was accepted because it used to be +50% (as much as Sacred Bow) which made DB totally useless (its cool look was the only reason I was still using one)

Fair. It still just seems like the weapon needs a significant boost to be worth considering. RA is my favorite solo class outside of ep4 by a large margin. FO is my favorite multiplayer class unless the team desperately needs a RA. I don't even have a HU on Ultima and I'd probably make one and get it to 200 just to use DF if I somehow started swimming in PGFs before I made a DB. Thank you for getting it an extra Grants boost at the very least. I agree that as the weapon stands now, Zalure boost on it seems pretty random. Though very often, you will just be casting Zalure and not Jellen since Jellen just gives a chance for dmc and doesn't really do anything for the team. That said, you'll still be carrying glide, and there are few situations where you need to Zalure only, then are suddenly wanting to cast Grants/piercing Megid. In your example of using the Grants/Megid boost combo vs the Dorphon family, you'd obviously prefer Jellen to Zalure to debuff them in the way that matters before blasting techs at them.

8 hours ago, R-78 said:

I actually wanted to also see that limit boost on Hunewearl specifically since I can't see any good reason to give her the newman's restriction while she has so much potential in MST to increase.

Again, maybe personal bias since I like FO so much, especially on Ultima. Huney would gain from it in some ways too. imho, the great boosts that characters receive on Ultima just kinda leaves the newmans in the dust a bit and I don't think letting them use 50 more mats would do much other than equalize the playing field in some situations a bit more. For the FOs it will really just be giving them access to closer to their max resta in multiplayer.

8 hours ago, R-78 said:

Yeah I remember reading that before. The site has a ton of QOL improvements and keeps adding more. Maybe one day it will be considered again.

8 hours ago, R-78 said:

We all kinda want that but Larva said no.

A boy can dream :(

Thanks for taking the time to reply to all of them!

On 4/26/2019 at 6:07 PM, bobshlibidich said:

Fix the mine offensive rewards bug that has been here since 2011

also forest offensive rewards bug

and roct time/player limit

• Like 1

How about making it easier/faster to level a mag? Maybe turn the time you have to wait for the next feeding down to a certain point during Happy Hour or something like that? Cause mag feeding is just a long process and even leveling is much faster on this server. So why not adjust the mag timer or something like that? That'd be great :onion-head-hammer:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Last years' Xmas event as well as, Anniversary, and Summer event's drop rate seemed nerfed.
Feel free to make PGF a year round drop as many people who faithfully hunted for it got 0 PGF.
Not only that, but the server saw very few Centurion Battles, Sonic Team Armors, and PGFs during the previous events.
I've noticed the patterns. Something seems wrong with the drop rates. Somebody please at least take a good look at the drop rates to make sure they are as they should be.
I heard previous years' drop rates weren't as bad as this last years' before I joined Ultima by a lot of people, and I find that strange as well.

Notifications when someone sends you DTs would be helpful, instead of having to check 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Noob Saibot said:

Add a requirement field to justify downvote on someone's post, just like when we edit our own posts.

This may be useful as a countermeasure to reputation system abuses.

Honestly, at this point, I'd say just make it not count against your current reputation. It doesn't need to have a negative impact to let someone know what they're saying is rude/dumb.