Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

19 minutes ago, Harvest said:

New weapon idea: Unlocked L&K38 Combat - Psycho Combat.

Made by using L&K38 and a Psycho Black Crystal (or other modifier, take your pick). Would be reskinned in a black/red style.

The idea is to have it locked to two specific classes, the HUcaseal and RAcaseal. Both of these classes tend to come up short when compared to their male counterparts in damage, so this suggestion is aimed at giving them a weapon with greater range to compensate. There's been a lot of suggestion that this would be ridiculously powerful, and has been tested before, but I did some testing of my own.

With zero ATP, a max-atp HUcassy, no Shifta, and 0% attribute, an unlocked L&K38 does about 175 per strong hit. This means 875 per button push, and a full combo does about 2625 damage. For comparison, a HUcast with the same modifiers using a Psycho Raven will do 536 per strong attack, making it 1608 per button push, and 4824 per full combo. 

This was tested on an Arlan in ultimate, and I don't know if/how buffed the mobs are here as opposed to what I used.

I'm also suggesting this because the L&K38 combat is an awesome looking weapon that is criminally underused due to being locked. Additionally, it's a badass weapon that would be great for female characters, as some of their go-to weapons are covered in hearts and/or love connotations, which is a relic of 20 years ago. 

I'm more than happy to help out with balance testing on the server, if needs be.

Finally a really good idea! I really like this suggestion and i hope it will be noticed!

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Harvest said:

Made by using L&K38 and a Psycho Black Crystal (or other modifier, take your pick). Would be reskinned in a black/red style.

The idea is to have it locked to two specific classes, the HUcaseal and RAcaseal. Both of these classes tend to come up short when compared to their male counterparts in damage, so this suggestion is aimed at giving them a weapon with greater range to compensate. There's been a lot of suggestion that this would be ridiculously powerful, and has been tested before, but I did some testing of my own.

With zero ATP, a max-atp HUcassy, no Shifta, and 0% attribute, an unlocked L&K38 does about 175 per strong hit. This means 875 per button push, and a full combo does about 2625 damage. For comparison, a HUcast with the same modifiers using a Psycho Raven will do 536 per strong attack, making it 1608 per button push, and 4824 per full combo. 

This was tested on an Arlan in ultimate, and I don't know if/how buffed the mobs are here as opposed to what I used.

I'm also suggesting this because the L&K38 combat is an awesome looking weapon that is criminally underused due to being locked. Additionally, it's a badass weapon that would be great for female characters, as some of their go-to weapons are covered in hearts and/or love connotations, which is a relic of 20 years ago. 

I'm more than happy to help out with balance testing on the server, if needs be.

I like the weapon even tho it's locked tbh, but if it was unlocked, I would make a Hucassy just to use it. Like I made a Ramarl just to use MF 😁 good idea making some role only weapons 😍

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Harvest said:

I think this is a pretty decent idea with a few nitpicks. I don't think this weapon does anything for RAcaseal. She'll always be inferior to RAcast so long as you don't introduce an item that is really busted to her only. I also think that maybe your method of testing is a bit flawed. A HUcaseal is likely always going to have SD 7 or whatever macho blades are and the weapon will likely have attributes. It's fine to test at the floor and say "it's not so broken" but it could be helpful to know the ceiling of the weapon in a regular game with 30 shifta 30 zalure and maybe 50% in an attribute of the chosen test enemy. I think then you'll see that it pretty much CKs everything(not different than PRs though lol). Perhaps the other class that should get this is HUnl. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Saber +7 said:

I think this is a pretty decent idea with a few nitpicks. I don't think this weapon does anything for RAcaseal. She'll always be inferior to RAcast so long as you don't introduce an item that is really busted to her only. I also think that maybe your method of testing is a bit flawed. A HUcaseal is likely always going to have SD 7 or whatever macho blades are and the weapon will likely have attributes. It's fine to test at the floor and say "it's not so broken" but it could be helpful to know the ceiling of the weapon in a regular game with 30 shifta 30 zalure and maybe 50% in an attribute of the chosen test enemy. I think then you'll see that it pretty much CKs everything(not different than PRs though lol). Perhaps the other class that should get this is HUnl. 

Yeah, my testing is nowhere near perfect, which is why I tried to have it compared to Psycho Ravens in the most balanced way possible. My server is bare-bones, so I don't actually have PRs there to test with, hence it ended up being against a dark-type enemy. If I was to compare them at the ceiling, I'd do it with like, 81 S/D, 100% attribs, etc, then compare to PRs for the same. Be pretty interesting to see. It's why I'd be happy to help test and balance the weapon on this server as opposed to try to cobble something together from across servers. 

RAcassy has access to MFs as well, which have the autoaim that gives a bit of a lazy boost to it. I think the special range on those are about 130 compared to the L&Ks 170, but a disadvantage of the L&K38 is that if the target even twitches, it'll miss the damn thing. The aiming on it is really difficult compared to several weapons, and it has a longer recovery time than mechguns too. It's very difficult for me to get a proper DPS on them due to this.

And one thing I forgot to mention in the main post - one bonus of the L&K38 is that it's not a mechgun. I feel that it's the only type of weapon I seem to use nowadays, if it's not PRs, it's MFs, Last Swan, Yasminkov 9ks, TypeME/Mechs, or even the Samba Maracas/Fiesta. Everything's a mechgun, unless it's a Dark weapon. I'd love some variety that isn't intentionally hamstringing my play.

Since it keeps getting mentioned, I have to reiterate that unlocked L&K38 is really not something I would ever consider, even class locked. The model might be something used, but the archetype is detrimental to the game if it's unlocked.

Regular mechguns shine as a weapon because they translate all your base atp into 9 attacks (meaning that it's when you have shifta that they're powerful), whereas most other weapons only have 3 to 6 attacks. Stepping up from 9 attacks to 15 attacks is a large step up over that, and having that even as a class locked weapon still just makes it the de facto only weapon for that class because it so far outstrips the competition that there is no competition. You cannot have an unlocked lk38 at any atp value and still have any meaningful weapon balance/diversity/etc.

Those classes have access to Mille Faucille and Dual Birds, which while not as strong as Psycho Ravens, have an important factor that pr does not; they have significantly more range than pr, which is the most important stat for mechguns (hence why yas9k rules the mech department). Dual Birds have 120 range, while Mille is 100 with normal/hard and 130 with the autotarget special, about half again as far as Psycho Ravens standard 85 range (handgun range is 170). Hucaseal also really doesn't lack in damage, she is still the 4th highest atp char, but with the highest ata of any hunter she is one of the most consistent at her damage, and has better long range damage (at 30 shifta hucl with angel harp and sweetheart with no nearby males will actually still have better rifle range damage than a huct with asteron striker). Even though hucl lends itself better to being aggressive, she still does much better at all other ranges over hucast, and with that extra range she'll have already killed the monster by the time hucast is in range for PR. Racaseal is a char that can feel a bit weaker at times than racast, but much like before, she is the highest ata of all casts and significantly above racast in that regard (17ata if using kroe's). She is arguably the best character for doing content that uses a lot of hell or demon and freeze traps together, while still being able to use both cast and female gear like iron faust, gratia, kroes, sweetheart, etc.

We can't just make everything as strong as the strongest character (hucast) using the strongest weapons, characters have differences in their stats to emphasize differing abilities. At some point you have to ask when raw damage is "good enough" (most characters will 1-2 combo all enemies), and how to play to their other abilities to get the most out of them. There are things to buff up both of their damages like sweetheart, but because other stats are different they will not necessarily reach the exact same levels, you have to figure out where a 'comparably adequate' level is and reach that (for which 'how many attacks/combos to kill' is more useful than raw damage, where mechs almost never vary because of the overkill), and then figure out how to utilize their unique abilities to take them beyond that. Not every char will tackle solo games the same way, and in a team game they should all focus different aspects which some classes will do better than others.

I do feel racl needs a little more (though mille and macho blades did help her more than people give credit for), but an unlocked lk38 does not really mesh with racl well (and for hucl it'd be extraordinarily busted), it just tries to make racl into a ract that has none of their drawbacks and all of her strengths. I'd like to give her some more versatility and team supporting options that emphasize her range and teamplay capabilities, and while her damage could still use a nudge, only just a nudge and not an atom bomb in her arsenal.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fyrewolf5 said:

Since it keeps getting mentioned, I have to reiterate that unlocked L&K38 is really not something I would ever consider, even class locked. The model might be something used, but the archetype is detrimental to the game if it's unlocked.

Regular mechguns shine as a weapon because they translate all your base atp into 9 attacks (meaning that it's when you have shifta that they're powerful), whereas most other weapons only have 3 to 6 attacks. Stepping up from 9 attacks to 15 attacks is a large step up over that, and having that even as a class locked weapon still just makes it the de facto only weapon for that class because it so far outstrips the competition that there is no competition. You cannot have an unlocked lk38 at any atp value and still have any meaningful weapon balance/diversity/etc.

Those classes have access to Mille Faucille and Dual Birds, which while not as strong as Psycho Ravens, have an important factor that pr does not; they have significantly more range than pr, which is the most important stat for mechguns (hence why yas9k rules the mech department). Dual Birds have 120 range, while Mille is 100 with normal/hard and 130 with the autotarget special, about half again as far as Psycho Ravens standard 85 range (handgun range is 170). Hucaseal also really doesn't lack in damage, she is still the 4th highest atp char, but with the highest ata of any hunter she is one of the most consistent at her damage, and has better long range damage (at 30 shifta hucl with angel harp and sweetheart with no nearby males will actually still have better rifle range damage than a huct with asteron striker). Even though hucl lends itself better to being aggressive, she still does much better at all other ranges over hucast, and with that extra range she'll have already killed the monster by the time hucast is in range for PR. Racaseal is a char that can feel a bit weaker at times than racast, but much like before, she is the highest ata of all casts and significantly above racast in that regard (17ata if using kroe's). She is arguably the best character for doing content that uses a lot of hell or demon and freeze traps together, while still being able to use both cast and female gear like iron faust, gratia, kroes, sweetheart, etc.

We can't just make everything as strong as the strongest character (hucast) using the strongest weapons, characters have differences in their stats to emphasize differing abilities. At some point you have to ask when raw damage is "good enough" (most characters will 1-2 combo all enemies), and how to play to their other abilities to get the most out of them. There are things to buff up both of their damages like sweetheart, but because other stats are different they will not necessarily reach the exact same levels, you have to figure out where a 'comparably adequate' level is and reach that (for which 'how many attacks/combos to kill' is more useful than raw damage, where mechs almost never vary because of the overkill), and then figure out how to utilize their unique abilities to take them beyond that. Not every char will tackle solo games the same way, and in a team game they should all focus different aspects which some classes will do better than others.

I do feel racl needs a little more (though mille and macho blades did help her more than people give credit for), but an unlocked lk38 does not really mesh with racl well (and for hucl it'd be extraordinarily busted), it just tries to make racl into a ract that has none of their drawbacks and all of her strengths. I'd like to give her some more versatility and team supporting options that emphasize her range and teamplay capabilities, and while her damage could still use a nudge, only just a nudge and not an atom bomb in her arsenal.

How is it detrimental to game play? Have you ever truly used it in runs unlocked? It's only mostly only good in places where things are lined up further than Handgun range and Dark Falz. Maybe some other niche situations. It's significantly less "detrimental" to game play than unlocked boosted DM, Crush Cannon, or Centurion/Battle. 

• Thanks 1

Just skimming over the response, I'd make a point that as much as I'm touting extra range as a positive, it's really minimal in most cases. Saying the MF has a range boost over PR is true, but at a range boost of 15, the HUcast in question could take a couple steps forward and be in range. Most of the time, the mob itself is happy to take those steps for you. Half of most fights is keeping the enemy far enough away from you that it's not punching you into the ground whilst you're trying to kill it (examples - Sinows of all types, the apes in EPII, Del-everything, and on Ultimate most enemies move fast enough to close distance worryingly quickly).

The other points you're bringing up again are things like Sweetheart, Safety Heart, and Rambling May - gaain, I've brought up that it'd be nice to have options that do not denote female characters as cute and lovey-dovey. Additionally, being forced into wearing certain armours and barriers to make your weapons useable seems somewhat unfair, as a HUcast can slap on a STA and a RR and just wander off into the sunset.

As for teamwork, a few friends have been looking into trying to get a group for regular CCC runs to get some gear. One of the harder quests, as it's on a tight time limit, and someone said that the best setup is probably going to be three RAcasts and a RAmarl, all with Dark Meteors, and the RAmarl only got into the group because they need S/D. For less intense quests such as... well, almost anything else, but say, RoCT or WoI, composition isn't as important as people knowing spawn locations. Take a force along for S/D and heals, and then just fill the party with the highest damage dealers - HU- and RA-casts. Soloing is different, but even then a strong class can kill enemies much faster, and simple dodging can negate a lot of damage. 

At the end of the day, nobody can look at PSO and say it's balanced. I'm just trying to put forward a fun suggestion that might change up the meta a little bit... or at the very least, make two classes a bit more popular because they get a "cool" weapon.

• Like 3

I somehow missed your post earlier.  

19 hours ago, HUNTER_ said:

1. The ability to add hit to gear using pds and ps through gallons shop.  Even if it was only up to 50hit on an item would be really nice.  maybe 1ps =10hit and 50pds=5hit. cap it at 50 so there is still a need for hit events which cap at 70 and donating to cap at 80.

This would be cool, but I don't think it will work.  For one, I'm much too rusty at qedit to make it myself.  And at the rate you can farm PD from WoI, 1pd to 10h is absurdly easy.  Because of this it would be extremely hard to price.

The other two suggestions I have no opinion on.

20 minutes ago, Lemon said:

I somehow missed your post earlier.  

This would be cool, but I don't think it will work.  For one, I'm much too rusty at qedit to make it myself.  And at the rate you can farm PD from WoI, 1pd to 10h is absurdly easy.  Because of this it would be extremely hard to price.

The other two suggestions I have no opinion on.

Would work if they did away with WOi pd reward. I know there’s other quest to get pds Incase that happened but still. WOi is easy to farm pds. I’ve heard of some people getting 5PS a day. Literally the pso currency (pds) are as valuable as monomates now. And making dts the top currency is dumb since I don’t think a lot of people are donating atm.

8 hours ago, Starlord said:

Would work if they did away with WOi pd reward. I know there’s other quest to get pds Incase that happened but still. WOi is easy to farm pds. I’ve heard of some people getting 5PS a day. Literally the pso currency (pds) are as valuable as monomates now. And making dts the top currency is dumb since I don’t think a lot of people are donating atm.

Yes they could due away with woi reward or 1ps=5hit would kinda be the only other option. Along with a cap at 50., even with the pd inflated market. I feel ps for 5 hit would be some really serious grinding lol

Edited by HUNTER_
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

You guys should add a feature to the forum that shows when happy our is active just the same way  it shows how many people are on the ship at the moment.

• Like 2

On 4/6/2019 at 3:18 PM, Stark 1 said:

You guys should add a feature to the forum that shows when happy our is active just the same way  it shows how many people are on the ship at the moment.

Funny how you mention it, cause i was also just talking about that lol, this is what i believe should be present

pso idea 2.jpg

pso idea.jpg

• Like 7

On 4/6/2019 at 1:18 PM, Stark 1 said:

I'll look into that...

• Like 1