Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

6 hours ago, Noob Saibot said:

I noticed the dark resistances from Episode 1 enemies are very high when compared to Episode 2. A good example is that you can easily use Hell against Pan Arms and Delsabers on Episode 2, while it is just almost impossible to use hell against these same enemies on Episode 1, even if you arrest/freeze them.

So my suggestion is to lower dark resistances so they are common between Episode 1 and Episode 2. There is just no good reason for resistances to be so high on EP1.

This is because by the game's data, they're different enemies. They have different stats, HP, resistances, they may look and act the same but as far as PSO is concerned, they're different entities. Changing the stats of the ep2 enemies to be in like with their ep1 versions or vise-versa would defeat the purpose. Also the EVP of enemies in ep2 is higher than those of ep1, so if anything it balances out a bit.

1 hour ago, mudkipzjm said:

Remove Dark Flow. Having the meta-game centered around using one weapon at <10% HP takes away the enjoyment from others.

They don't need to remove the Dark Flow entirely. If you compare the stats of DF on the server to those of it logged on PSO World you'll see that Ultima boosts the ATP to 400%. DF was powerful enough when it got combo-unlocked. They either need to remove its combo ability, or reduce ATP back down to normal. (DM would follow suit as well.) But I agree, luckily people are usually chill about not using the special. (Except this one guy I met in-game, Scott7 or something.)

44 minutes ago, Alex Mason said:

a harder difficulty if possible. at high levels, especially with a full party, the game is too easy. EXP could get a bonus to and the drop rate can stay the same or change if how ever you see fit

The game is supposed to be easy at that high of a level because it's supposed to take you ages to get to that kind of level. But that would involve going off on another rant. Instead impose challenges on yourself because a 5th difficulty is virtually impossible, or at least too much work to get working.

1 hour ago, Noob Saibot said:

Remove PSO

1DLNcdE.png

Remove internet.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hatsodoom Reiga said:

They don't need to remove the Dark Flow entirely. If you compare the stats of DF on the server to those of it logged on PSO World you'll see that Ultima boosts the ATP to 400%. DF was powerful enough when it got combo-unlocked. They either need to remove its combo ability, or reduce ATP back down to normal. (DM would follow suit as well.) But I agree, luckily people are usually chill about not using the special. (Except this one guy I met in-game, Scott7 or something.)

If you ACTUALLY compare the stats it's no where near "400%" vanilla Dark Flow is 756-900 ATP and Ultimas Dark Flow is 1000-1100 ATP which is a big jump. Truly 400% would make every other weapon/class besides HU obsolete. One of the biggest attractions of this server is that the Dark Weapons are fun to use and significantly better than their vanilla counterparts. There would surely be many quitting to just go play Ephinea if they made them vanilla. Plenty of people use the special though.

1 hour ago, Hatsodoom Reiga said:

The game is supposed to be easy at that high of a level because it's supposed to take you ages to get to that kind of level. But that would involve going off on another rant. Instead impose challenges on yourself because a 5th difficulty is virtually impossible, or at least too much work to get working.

High level alone doesn't really have much of an impact. A level 150 with materials, mag, units and an okay set of weapons will perform much better than a 200 with no materials, mag(even a shitty one wouldn't suffice), bad units, and random rares that they got from power leveling. You just have a bias against leveling quickly. Our Ultimate is almost already a "5th" difficulty do to sadly undisclosed enemy buffs. All bosses are buffed and resistances have been tampered with. EP 2 enemies have something like 2x EVP/DFP from vanilla.(A rumor I've heard around the mill). So we're pretty much there anyway.

48 minutes ago, Saber +7 said:

If you ACTUALLY compare the stats it's no where near "400%" vanilla Dark Flow is 756-900 ATP and Ultimas Dark Flow is 1000-1100 ATP which is a big jump. Truly 400% would make every other weapon/class besides HU obsolete. One of the biggest attractions of this server is that the Dark Weapons are fun to use and significantly better than their vanilla counterparts. There would surely be many quitting to just go play Ephinea if they made them vanilla. Plenty of people use the special though.

High level alone doesn't really have much of an impact. A level 150 with materials, mag, units and an okay set of weapons will perform much better than a 200 with no materials, mag(even a shitty one wouldn't suffice), bad units, and random rares that they got from power leveling. You just have a bias against leveling quickly. Our Ultimate is almost already a "5th" difficulty do to sadly undisclosed enemy buffs. All bosses are buffed and resistances have been tampered with. EP 2 enemies have something like 2x EVP/DFP from vanilla.(A rumor I've heard around the mill). So we're pretty much there anyway.

Man I thought I was bad at math XD

So here's an odd request... is anyone here familiar with Dreamcast Version 2's unique quest where Montague showed up? It was originally the only way to turn Ultimate Mode enemy parts into weapons, and it gave them affinity %s as well. I distinctly recall trading for some S-red's Arms for my friend so he could get them weaponized in that weird online quest, and in so doing, he ended up with 45% A.Beast 35% Hit S-Reds  Blades. 

But to my knowledge, that quest was nixed when Blue Burst became a thing, and now you can only add hit to enemy parts post-craft in EP4 via government quests and Photon Crystals. I would really like to see at least some way to add affinity % onto enemy weapons with Photon Crystals maybe, simply because it USE to be in the game back when I originally played it way back when. 

Just my two centavos. o3o

1 hour ago, nnorton44 said:

Make transparent wave download with the launcher

People who complain about the visual aspect of DF special probably dont know it exists

Our of all idiotic ones this actually sounds like a good thing. Transparent waves have always saved people from being blinded 

• Like 2