Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

is there a way to make it so specific items (if they are chosen to drop), dont drop? people could set up their own drops like we do with the map item colors and would only be usable in individual drop style. would be nice if the field wasnt littered with monomates and lv 7 foies

• Like 1

Gonna get a lot of flak as always for this, but after learning about how far this goes I have to voice this again.

*ahem*

Please return all base EXP values to their original Sega values. I don't see the point in boosting the EXP of all the episode 2 enemies, especially the bosses, when the server has an exp multiplier in place. Soly can you explain the reason why the base EXP was edited? I'm genuinely curious.

Edited by Hatsodoom Reiga
  • Dw 1

Again, the EXP boost serves the purpose to increase level rate. We don't need to alter the BASE EXP. Also how is wanting to unlock the CCA every time "sadistic"? Why not just put the boss warp at the start of each area? Also again for the 100th time, get Ephinea to transfer my character levels and I'm gone. But at the very least thank you for giving me a civil response. (Also I love how nnorton44 always does the same thing every time I post.)

Edited by Hatsodoom Reiga

11 minutes ago, Hatsodoom Reiga said:

Again, the EXP boost serves the purpose to increase level rate. We don't need to alter the BASE EXP. Also how is wanting to unlock the CCA every time "sadistic"? Why not just put the boss warp at the start of each area? Also again for the 100th time, get Ephinea to transfer my character levels and I'm gone. But at the very least thank you for giving me a civil response. (Also I love how nnorton44 always does the same thing every time I post.)

It is sadistic because it’s a grind that wastes like 200 hours + on true vanilla exp without increasing your skill, revealing new strategies, exposing one to new missions. It’s repeating the same exact thing while providing little to no enriching game experience. It’s no different if you have to repeat the same process for only 50 hours except you’re spending less time being brain dead. 

40 minutes ago, Noob Saibot said:

Just my humble opinion but, I believe most of the persons playing on this server cares more about getting end-game gear and exploring game quests with their full potential than the leveling process. The thing you will have to understand is that Ultima isn't the same and will never be like the Sega's official server. I think people suggested it to you countless times, but you know Ephinea server is the closest to an official server you will get, which some improvements here and there of course. By that time, you would probably have all your characters closer to 200 playing there.

It is 2019 and you should be surprised there are still two hundreds of people actively playing PSO BB (counting all servers). Nowadays I'm sure they don't want to invest time leveling as much as they used to do on Dreamcast days as most people are already taking of their families, busy with work and they have a Steam's library with a thousand of other interesting games to play.

I believe that any changes that could save people time and efforts from doing minor things (like taking out mag feeding timer, having an option to fill PB gauge before starting any quest for TA purposes) is the ideal. Now if you are the sadistic type that likes to unlock CCA every time you make an EP2 Party, unlock Government Quests for every difficult, leveling with slow-ass X1 exp and vanilla rates, I don't know what to say, but I'm sure 99% of the community wouldn't agree. It's like a setback on everything Ultima is already.

I think there are much more interesting ways to make this game challenging, like crack mode for example (it's been deactivated for years sadly).

Don't take away the mag timer please

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Hatsodoom Reiga said:

I really don't get why you don't bite the metaphorical bullet and just start playing there. Sure, you'll have to level again and acquire gear, but in the long run you'd probably have a much better experience than you do here. 99% people here don't want the grind of vanilla PSO, hence why we play here, among other things. You seem a lot more vanilla-minded, so switching to Ephinea in the long run for you would be way more beneficial for your enjoyment. It'd be a lot better than staying and Ultima and trying to get things to happen that probably just won't.

FYI, I have no problem with you, so don't feign this "you probably want me gone" thing, I'm just curious why you continue to stay even though you don't seem to enjoy most of what Ultima has to offer. I even have a mag and some other somewhat okay gear you could have on that server, might as well go to someone that would get use from it.

Edited by mudkipzjm
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Hatsodoom Reiga said:

Because I've restarted PSO like seven times, I am not restarting again.

But if you get more enjoyment in the long-term, what's the harm? I don't recall you every saying anything positive about Ultima, so if you would have an all around better time there, it'd be worth to start again an eighth time. You wouldn't have people on your back like you do here and you'd have a better PSO experience. Getting to Ultimate probably wouldn't take that much time at all, plus without buffed mobs, it wouldn't be impossible to contribute at low levels like it is here.

It's not that I don't like the server, some of the custom items are alright. It's just how they've treated episode 2 is all. I'll be a lot less critical and upset about it once my RAmar hits level 200. (My first max level ever.) Once that happens I'll quickly stop caring about the exp thing for the most part.

10 hours ago, Hatsodoom Reiga said:

Because I've restarted PSO like seven times, I am not restarting again.

I thought you liked the leveling process though. 

• Like 2

@Hatsodoom Reiga If you still doubt about all the answers that you got from the community, I suggest you to create a public poll to ask if this is what the players want or not and see the result by yourself. You will be able to explain your point once and for all instead of repeating yourself, it's redundant for everyone at this point.

To be honest I don't think the result will satisfy you but maybe you will finally realize the gap between your wishes (jsyk you can add multiple Questions to the poll) and the mindset of the Ultima's community.

Edited by Lipelis
  • Like 4

Humar could cast shifta and deband just like dreamcast that would be awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Humar could cast shifta and deband just like dreamcast that would be awesome

And Ramar could cast zalure and the other one i forgot the name lol

• Like 1