Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

when someone first makes a character on a new account, an item they can trade in for any one item they want, might help bring in new players, if word gets out. could be a time limited offer, and the items could be undroppable/untradable to prevent people from over using this to become truly op.

On 12/7/2018 at 5:05 PM, McLaughlin86 said:

A megid beyond 30

You DO realize this means megid would work on bosses right? EDK, unlike the other resists, works on a flat rate. 80 EDK reduces megid chance by a flat 80%, meaning a level 30 would still have a 20% chance of working. Subsequently any megid level 20 or lower (80% chance at 20) will never instantly kill.

Not to mention all the coding that would have to be done to make new tech levels. Spell data, tech disks, adding it to the drop table...

On 12/7/2018 at 3:22 PM, Saber +7 said:

I truly don't get why you play here. Nearly every time you post you're asking for something geared toward vanilla. That's never going to happen here, if it wasn't apparent this is a custom server with boosted exp rates, new weapons, boosted rare rates, and other stuff. You absolutely should check out Ephinea.

I play here because I didn't know about Ephenia when I joined, didn't know it existed. So I refer you to my previous statement of "Inb4 "play on Ephenia"".

2 minutes ago, Hatsodoom Reiga said:

You DO realize this means megid would work on bosses right? EDK, unlike the other resists, works on a flat rate. 80 EDK reduces megid chance by a flat 80%, meaning a level 30 would still have a 20% chance of working. Subsequently any megid level 20 or lower (80% chance at 20) will never instantly kill.

Not to mention all the coding that would have to be done to make new tech levels. Spell data, tech disks, adding it to the drop table...

I play here because I didn't know about Ephenia when I joined, didn't know it existed. So I refer you to my previous statement of "Inb4 "play on Ephenia"".

For every free roam game you make here make one there. I don't know what else to tell you.

Just now, Saber +7 said:

For every free roam game you make here make one there. I don't know what else to tell you.

Jesus are you people just waiting to reply to me or something? I'm also just asking. People are allowed to throw out their ideas and not get, for lack of a better term, bashed for it. So why not me? We got the option to turn the exp boost off after all.

4 minutes ago, Hatsodoom Reiga said:

Jesus are you people just waiting to reply to me or something? I'm also just asking. People are allowed to throw out their ideas and not get, for lack of a better term, bashed for it. So why not me? We got the option to turn the exp boost off after all.

I think Saber +7 is a troll.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hatsodoom Reiga said:

Ah he's not the first to be so fixated on me.

I'm not fixated on you. I just think it's truly stupid when you're asking for things that are the opposite the direction this server is moving. Especially when the 20 year old stuff you're asking for is all available on another well designed server. 

1 hour ago, nnorton44 said:

XD you act like everyone has a hard on for you but thats not the case

Didn't say that at all. (This is the other guy MadOrNah.)

2 hours ago, Saber +7 said:

I'm not fixated on you. I just think it's truly stupid when you're asking for things that are the opposite the direction this server is moving. Especially when the 20 year old stuff you're asking for is all available on another well designed server. 

And I think it's stupid that you seem to be implying that I'm not allowed to make my own suggestions. I mean I asked for the option to turn the exp boost off. Guess what? We got it. I'm not saying I'm solely responsible for it, but I am saying that I contributed to it. We all have our own ideas on "how to make the server better" and we're free to agree or disagree on these matters. But I don't think it's very fair to call someone's mindset stupid.

I've explained my situation regarding Ephinea several times before but I'll explain it again in detail. I did not know it existed when I first created my account on Ultima. This was the first server I found after Schthack and at the time, thought it was the only other server. I only learned about Ephinea much, much later after investing several hundred hours into this server. Due to the play time invested here and how much I've had to do this sort of thing in the past, it is a bit silly to let all those hours go to waste and just hop to another server. I want to keep my progress, at least level wise. That combined with some people here that I do like, people in my team and not, keep me on this server. At the same time I still like to voice how to make things better, in my opinion. I am not saying we "change" anything, rather we give players the option, like we do with Shared/Individual Drops and the option to turn off the exp boost. I understand people disagree with me on this, but I still want to voice my opinion because you never know, it may happen. Finally as I've said countless times before, if you can convince Ephinea to transfer my account, at the very least my character levels, then I will gladly depart and never bother anyone here again. But until then, I will continue to voice an apparently unpopular mindset here that I hope you will all eventually learn to tolerate, even if you don't see things my way. You're allowed to think and see the game your way, and I'm allowed to see and think it my way.

Simply put if you won't agree to disagree well, then I think we know where you stand.

Edited by Hatsodoom Reiga
  • Dislike 1

I've got a good idea for a mini event, how about weapon merging?

Take the weapon u are using let's say 

Blah blah 0/0/50/50

But you have another Blah blah 0/40/40/40

You can combine half the stats of the deleted item onto your other one

So for say, 30/40 pds you can have a 

Blah blah 0/20/70/70 or

Blah blah 0/40/65/65

Just throwing it out there for mini event ideas :)

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, duja1001 said:

I've got a good idea for a mini event, how about weapon merging?

Take the weapon u are using let's say 

Blah blah 0/0/50/50

But you have another Blah blah 0/40/40/40

You can combine half the stats of the deleted item onto your other one

So for say, 30/40 pds you can have a 

Blah blah 0/20/70/70 or

Blah blah 0/40/65/65

Just throwing it out there for mini event ideas :)

That's actually not a bad idea, we need new creative ways to use PDs. The tricky detail would be how many PDs? It may depend on the item in question or its rarity, perhaps the amount of %'s being transfered. Still though nice idea.

Suggestion for new weapon/item combination: Baranz Launcher + [insert item] to Baranz Launcher V2.0 or whatever creative name. Same stats and special and all that, just faster projectile speed.