Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

17 minutes ago, Fyrewolf5 said:

Those 3 already have the longest range of all the spells (I think it's foie>zonde>grants>barta). You can hit an enemy with foie from so far away the game won't even render the damage numbers. That's plenty enough distance. The range scales with the level of the technique so a level 10 tech won't go as far as a level 30.

@Saber +7 If you want a ring model then do a custom model swap. Part of the reason for the costumes is to have variety not just in gear options but also in looks, so that not every single hunter is wearing a ring on their arm.
@Noob Saibot The descriptions all do say stuff about the rings purpose, other than ylvis and bewbs costume which originally had different stats (ylvis had extra evp/less dfp and bewbs costume had extra fire resist. however, since the trap/search effects were actually unintended byproducts of the code and one of the original concepts for shields anyway, they were redone to include that). Frank the bunny costume 'terrifies your enemies' (increased debuff range), Catscratch 'incites allies into berserk rage' (buff range), Guardian Angel is self explanatory (I didn't write that one myself), Agent K costume is 'most effective at night' (increased edk), Minecraft costume 'don't let the darkness penetrate home defenesssSSS' (dark technique megid penetrates). As for the name of that one, 'Rainbow Ring' is the name of another server's ring (though it is a very different thing), and the texture's blocky pixelated look led to the Minecraft name being attached to it instead. There's no shame in using it over another ring just for looks. The costume effects are minor bonus extras which are not required, and halo souls are purposefully very easy to get so you can change if you want.

I think most people agree that they're hideous, there must be another way to make these end game barriers not look like jokes. I'm not sure I've ever seen someone say "I think way too many players wear Red Ring I am so tired of seeing it.". If the goal is different looks from Red Ring they should at least not look ugly.

Edited by Saber +7
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Saber +7 said:

I think most people agree that they're hideous, there must be another way to make these end game barriers not look like jokes. I'm not sure I've ever seen someone say "I think way too many players wear Red Ring I am so tired of seeing it.". If the goal is different looks from Red Ring they should at least not look ugly.

I'm with you on this one. But you can always just edit the file to hide them like I did. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EDEN said:

I'm with you on this one. But you can always just edit the file to hide them like I did. 

I don't want any other player to see my character wearing a set of fox ears... and you must feel the same if you're swapping models. While we're on it why does Sonic Team Armor not have a single visual effect, I think that should also get something. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Saber +7 said:

While we're on it why does Sonic Team Armor not have a single visual effect, I think that should also get something. 

I've been on this all week. Best armor in the game doesn't even look like anything smh

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Saber +7 said:

I don't want any other player to see my character wearing a set of fox ears... and you must feel the same if you're swapping models. While we're on it why does Sonic Team Armor not have a single visual effect, I think that should also get something. 

My entire game looks different to me than it does to others. Who cares how other people see you? 

19 minutes ago, EDEN said:

My entire game looks different to me than it does to others. Who cares how other people see you? 

I do.  That's why I run Angel Wings and Halo over the more useful jz costume and w/e that mag with 55% activation is.  If i'm going to be looking at this thing for 300+ hours, I'd rather it look good.

Edited by Lemon
  • Like 4

51 minutes ago, Lemon said:

I do.  That's why I run Angel Wings and Halo over the more useful jz costume and w/e that mag with 55% activation is.  If i'm going to be looking at this thing for 300+ hours, I'd rather it look good.

My point was who cares how other people see you. I can change a useful mag to look like any other and bunny ears to halo, that's my point. If you don't like something it's really not hard to make it look different 

5 minutes ago, EDEN said:

My point was who cares how other people see you. I can change a useful mag to look like any other and bunny ears to halo, that's my point. If you don't like something it's really not hard to make it look different 

I care and at least Lemon cares lol. I don't want to look at any of the costumes except maybe the minecraft one and I don't want anyone else to see me look that way. Wouldn't it be cool if those costumes came in a way that you didn't want to change?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Saber +7 said:

I care and at least Lemon cares lol. I don't want to look at any of the costumes except maybe the minecraft one and I don't want anyone else to see me look that way. Wouldn't it be cool if those costumes came in a way that you didn't want to change?

Yes it would be sir. I retire my argument 

• Like 2

Would there be an opposition to improving Two Kamui in some way? For the long fetch quest needed to get it (always resulting in a 0'd weapon) it's outclassed by Blood Tornado in terms of ATP grinded. The special is arguably worse, only casting a Lv5 Zalure while Blood Tornado is Demon's. An item combination to upgrade its ATP and special tech cast could be pretty neat. It's a bit of a shame that a cool weapon model like this one has little reason to be sought after or used at all.

3 hours ago, Wavebuster said:

Would there be an opposition to improving Two Kamui in some way? For the long fetch quest needed to get it (always resulting in a 0'd weapon) it's outclassed by Blood Tornado in terms of ATP grinded. The special is arguably worse, only casting a Lv5 Zalure while Blood Tornado is Demon's. An item combination to upgrade its ATP and special tech cast could be pretty neat. It's a bit of a shame that a cool weapon model like this one has little reason to be sought after or used at all.

I do have something planned for it, but tracking down the code to change I want to do to it has been taking some time.

• Like 2

So with the holiday battle going on, alot of people have seen that wins and losses aren't recorded properly, especially the ones that sit above your head in lobby, was wondering if that was fixable? Or is it too far gone?

Also the 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th places don't record properly.

Unless it doesn't count certain rules?

Edited by Choko
fixing ordinal suffixes
  • Like 1

Purist Mode: When turned on games you create have rare-spawn rates reverted to normal (not non-green normal, sega-normal), exp you gain is normal (this would apply to the base exp of episode 2 bosses which give you ungodly amounts for some reason), and HH will not effect rare drop rates (event drops will still drop). Ephenia has this and I think this server should have it too. (Inb4 "play on Ephenia")

c25.gif

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Dw 1