Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

Argh, figures...  Those bonuses only work with the armor on with the non-special/weaker variants of those swords.  *facepalm*

Still, it's something to look forward to in the future it seems as Saith is on it.  ^_^

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trigunman said:

Argh, figures...  Those bonuses only work with the armor on with the non-special/weaker variants of those swords.  *facepalm*

Still, it's something to look forward to in the future it seems as Saith is on it.  ^_^

It's actually not that simple. Replica flowen's is far stronger than nearly all fake flowen models besides the real one, and is technically stronger if you have the set bonus.
Real Flowens 300-320atp  85grind  34ata,   490 total atp
3079 Flowen 290-300at     9grind,  25ata,  318 total atp
Rep Flowens 230-300atp  21grind  28ata,   342 total atp
Set  Flowens ??? -450atp,        342 x 1.5 = 513 total atp
If minATP is affected equally, then 408-513 total ATP for replica with set, averaging 460atp, whereas real flowens is 480 average, so it's relatively close but replica can hit higher potentially. Similarly, this is true of replica and 3079(second best model) as well, with the 3079 averaging 308atp and replica averaging 307atp, with replica having a larger variable and potentially higher numbers. This is also combined with the fact that you can put charge on replica instead of spirit, allowing use on more hunters and less costly overall (spirit is fluid heavy and becomes unusable below 11 tp). It does however have 6 less ata than the real one and 3 more than the 3079, though it's far more than the other models which have 5, 7, 9, 12, 13, 15, 17, and 19 ata only.

As for the DB's sabers, the replica is stronger than most but there is one replica that is comparably strong to it without set, the 3064 model. The ata across the different models is also much better overall (ranging 21, 27, 29, 29, 30, 34, 40, and 48) than with the flowen's which have abysmally low on most of them.
DB 3075   300-340atp, 85grind, 40ata,    510 total atp,      average 490  
DB 3064   289-301atp, 18grind, 48ata,    337 total atp,      average 331
DB Saber  200-250atp, 44grind, 43ata     338 total atp,      average 313
DB Set      ???-375atp,      338 x 1.5 =     507 total atp,     average 482
None of the db's weapons have a special on them though, so there is no potential advantage like with flowens. The atp variables are the basically the same for 3075 and replica, and the replica also has more ata than the 3075 by 3 (but falls short of the 2nd best model by 5) so technically the replica with the set has the arguable overall advantage here, as the variable and max atp differences are negligibly small.

With both DB's and Flowen's weapons, the 9star replica isn't a bad option overall. They are on par with the 2nd best model without the set, and with the set are raised to be comparable to the best models. They also can be acquired at earlier difficulties and have lower requirements, so they can be used much quicker.
If I could do set bonus changes, I would definitely want to extend at least DB's set to include the 3075 model (and create new item sets too). However, I would be hesitant to extend db's set bonus to Zanba (the weapon that the actual DB wields in game when you fight alongside him), and the same goes for Flowen's bonus and the respective 3084, as those swords are already arguably the strongest swords in the game by a wide margin with their sacrificial specials.

• Thanks 2

Not sure if its possible but I always thought it would be cool to be able to add hit to gear using pds. So basically an expansion of gallons shop or something. Not asking for hit event rates but maybe like 99pd can add 15 or 20hit to weapons . 

On 10/28/2018 at 3:53 AM, ipolyr said:

Release a Cure/All medical unit!

No. State/Maintenance was removed after dreamcast (and sacred guard was altered to not have same effect). You have to decide what cures you need to bring to quests, not going to make one that just does everything.

13 hours ago, Psoangel said:

Perhaps find a way to include a setting that lets us log out of a specific charater rather then the whole game in order to swap characters

Unfortunately, I don't believe this is possible to do.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fyrewolf5 said:

Unfortunately, I don't believe this is possible to do.

I've seen private server games that had similar log ins such as this one where u had to exit the game play entirely to swap characters in the original games manage to make this feature, and while not having this feature does in fact give me a sense of nostalgia from having played the Sega introduced PC beta for blue burst, it also irritates me now just as much as it did back then. I mean if other private servers (for different games) can mange to include this then I personally think that unless the coding prevents it; it should at least be a feasible project to attempt.

I would definitely be interested in a hardcore mode

1x  or 2x exp rate, locked.

Everyone in hc mode would be on the same team, so chat with fellow hc people would be possible.

It would pretty much make the game fresh, cuz you wouldn't be able to trade for good gear from non hc players.

Well you could but not normal items for hc items.

It would actually make it's own market and add even more replayability to the game.

Plus the thrill of actually dying would be amazing.

Maybe give chars an extra hp boost, but not enough to make it weak, like 100 or something, an extra hit or 2.

I'd definitely play it

Edited by duja1001

46 minutes ago, Dutch Ride said:

Give HUcast enough ATA to use Macho Blades 

I believe the weapon requirement was specifically chosen in order to prevent Hucast from using these.

How about an app for the forums?  Would make things easier instead of having to go through a web browser everytime.