Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

I found a 1/22000 chance Agito 1975 off my skyly. Sucks to be me. But the stats are really nice. 0/0/40/50/40. Was wondering why do these stats disappear when turning it into Orotiagito? Is there a way to preserve the stats?

24 minutes ago, Hydromystic said:

I found a 1/22000 chance Agito 1975 off my skyly. Sucks to be me. But the stats are really nice. 0/0/40/50/40. Was wondering why do these stats disappear when turning it into Orotiagito? Is there a way to preserve the stats?

Exchanges like that always lose stats, sadly. The same thing happens when you exchange Branch Of PakuPaku for Chao Striker in TTF. It's unfortunate but that's how Sega coded the quests.

• Like 1

New exclusive aoe gun for flesh rangers:

50h Charge/shot is something I use only for grinding to lv90, because it misses too much in Ultimate. Thats the point. Flesh rangers need an alternative aoe gun that has high base damage. Its uncool that RAmars get gud after getting a Dark Meteor in most cases.

To be honest, I hope to see a new exclusive gun introduced to this server again.

Special attacks miss way too much.

DM is too hard for most RAmars to get before reaching lv200,

So grinding to lv200 is mad struggles as a RAmar. Might as well cut off RAmar's nuts if all he has is a short range gun that can stop enemies and deal ok damage.

Meanwhile you got us forces with the Banana Cannon coming through with one of the top mob killing guns; basically putting RAmars to shame lol.

This server has seen some fairly big changes. I don't understand why people hate the idea of adding an additional weapon for rangers to use.

I'm not suggesting to take away Banana Cannon, but to give RAmar/Ramarl a new aoe gun with high base damage so that new players can better enjoy using their RAmars.

I already have much of the gear I wanted too, but it isn't about us. Think of the new players that join this server. Play with them. See for yourself.

On a side note:

Another great idea would be to make the gun Le Cogneur usable by more characters besides rangers. Le Cogneur really doesn't replace a 50h hell/demon laser which can be obtained through the solo quest The Restless Lion. So I think it'd be nice if we could do more with the Le Cogneur.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, Emewn said:

I disagree with just about everything you just said.  

50h Charge/shot is something I use only for grinding to lv90, because it misses too much in Ultimate.

Add more hit? My charge arms has 60 hit and I can SSS and only miss once.  It also scales better with SD than DM does.  Admittedly I'm on Racaseal and not Ramar, but Ramar has 20 more ata than Racaseal so I think that's fine.

Get a v502, they're like 5pd.

DM was not intended for Rangers below level 200.  It wasn't even intended for all level 200 Rangers.

So grinding to lv200 is mad struggles as a RAmar.

Here's a trick I learned from playing Fo.  You don't have to kill the mob to get exp.  Go in with your Cannon Rouge or Final Impact and tag the group and profit.

This server has seen some fairly big changes. I don't understand why people hate the idea of adding an additional weapon for rangers to use.

Despite all these changes people still play Rangers overwhelmingly.

Another great idea would be to make the gun Le Cogneur usable by more characters besides rangers. Le Cogneur really doesn't replace a 50h hell/demon laser which can be obtained through the solo quest The Restless Lion. So I think it'd be nice if we could do more with the Le Cogneur.

Doesn't Le Cogneur have rifle range? That would be a hell of a buff to other classes.  Hell is already too strong imo.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Emewn said:

New exclusive aoe gun for flesh rangers:

50h Charge/shot is something I use only for grinding to lv90, because it misses too much in Ultimate. Thats the point. Flesh rangers need an alternative aoe gun that has high base damage. Its uncool that RAmars get gud after getting a Dark Meteor in most cases.

To be honest, I hope to see a new exclusive gun introduced to this server again.

So grinding to lv200 is mad struggles as a RAmar. Might as well cut off RAmar's nuts if all he has is a short range gun that can stop enemies and deal ok damage.

Meanwhile you got us forces with the Banana Cannon coming through with one of the top mob killing guns; basically putting RAmars to shame lol.

I'm not suggesting to take away Banana Cannon, but to give RAmar/Ramarl a new aoe gun with high base damage so that new players can better enjoy using their RAmars.

I already have much of the gear I wanted too, but it isn't about us. Think of the new players that join this server. Play with them. See for yourself.

On a side note:

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

You probably aren't missing due to ata, but to manual evasion. When you say "short-range gun with ok damage", I assume you mean Arrest Needle, which is literally on par for dps with dm. As for Le Cogneur, that was by far the most redeemed item in the item ticket event, clearly many people are using it to replace their hell lasers (it does have more ata than a regular laser). Ramar is one of the easiest classes of all to level up to 200 (they actually have a better growth curve than most, low base-max differences with plenty unit space and tons of material space meaning they can much more easily reach endgame level output at lower levels, have s/d, great overall stats at 1stATA 5thATP 4thHP, have many great cheap gear options that they can use better than other classes with their stats, many great clear options, and good tagging ability). If you are 'struggling' even in the best situations, then the problem might lie between the chair and keyboard.

I've already told you several times man, I am NOT making a combo unlocked bazooka for rangers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, Dutch Ride said:

Reverser increase weapon for FOs when 

After I document all the quest opcodes this is my next project.  But who knows, maybe Soly will beat me to it.

• Like 1

A mag that prevents the user from being healed by team mates(for DF special of course) here's what happens when your on low health 

A. Teammate takes a hit and heals themself. 

B. Teammate knows what you're doing plays for 1minute sees someone on low health and panic heals them. 

C. Quite new to the game and has know clue. 

These three reasons combined means you never get to use DF special except for bosses for like 20seconds. 

I love doing a run without getting hit for as long as possible, hate the idea of “everyone be careful not to heal that guy”

Not everyone has high gear, is playing on a level 200 or is even good at the game and can afford to take a big hit run out of my range and heal. 

Obviously not going to use the mag on roct woi etc and honestly df’s a beast without the special but it's there and i would like to use it.

14 minutes ago, BullsDeep said:

...prevents the user from being healed by team mates...

This is currently not possible without sega giving us source code.  For now we're stuck with copying what other item can already do.

On 10/23/2018 at 3:46 PM, Emewn said:

DM is too hard for most RAmars to get before reaching lv200

I'll add to what Lemon said by saying that you can actually equip DM with Ramar at lvl 150 even with no mag or units. That's before the drop in exp rate, so not too bad.  You can also use a DM at lvl1 with 4 cent/arms and no mag. If you have a DM, there's a good chance you can afford some cent/arms.

Nice sig btw

Edited by bobshlibidich

Im sure everyone is tired of weapon combinations, but I think db saber should get a little love, it's a really cool looking weapon super low lvl no special, I think it's in need of an upgrade, maybe a double sword like jizai, dual dbs? or even a red color with multi hit ability like hundred souls?

Edited by duja1001
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, duja1001 said:

Im sure everyone is tired of weapon combinations, but I think db saber should get a little love, it's a really cool looking weapon super low lvl no special, I think it's in need of an upgrade, maybe a double sword like jizai, dual dbs? or even a red color with multi hit ability like hundred souls?

I have absolutely wonderful idea, how about giving the entire DB set some SET BONUSES, same goes for the intended set bonus for the Flowens gear.(that sadly still doesn't work to this day)

We have tons of great gear on the server, instead of mixing and matching as an option, give some set bonuses to matched armor and weapons like every other action RPG out there. (This means creating some new sets too!) This will certainly encourage the use of some of the weaker armor pieces out there, as well as the weapons.

I see on PSO-world.com's database, both of those sets are supposed to have a "50% boost in power" when all are equipped:

http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=170&sortby=name

http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=141&sortby=name

Edited by Trigunman
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Trigunman said:

I have absolutely wonderful idea, how about giving the entire DB set some SET BONUSES, same goes for the intended set bonus for the Flowens gear.(that sadly still doesn't work to this day)

We have tons of great gear on the server, instead of mixing and matching as an option, give some set bonuses to matched armor and weapons like every other action RPG out there. (This means creating some new sets too!) This will certainly encourage the use of some of the weaker armor pieces out there, as well as the weapons.

I see on PSO-world.com's database, both of those sets are supposed to have a "50% boost in power" when all are equipped:

http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=170&sortby=name

http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=141&sortby=name

Again, it's something I do want to do, but without access to the source code it takes time to track these sorts of things down and change them, if it's even feasible to do. My own testing tells me that those set bonuses don't work with any of the weapons that have an actual model number, they only work with the basic 9star replica (the ones that say "Replica of a saber/sword once used by the military. An extremely common replica." and not have any model production year like AUW-3075 or other number or mention of a manufacturer like chris co., torato co., or mick co.). Thus, you can't get a bonus from using flowen's frame+shield with flowens 3084 (the 'real' one that has special, though it's a replica by mick co.), or the same with db's armor+shield with db 3075 which is what I would call the 'real' db (highest requirement/atp/grind, which is same as flowen 3084, same drop rate and id from similar enemy type).

There are a couple other set bonuses and boosts. Delsaber's Shield and Delsaber's Buster; when you use those together, you gain double the shield's evp (115>230) and double the atp of the buster (340-350 > 700), which is surprisingly strong for level 41 shield requirement (much lower than crimson coat 101 and red saber's 489 + 78grind x 1.5 crimson bonus for 967atp, another good 'cheap, but strong' combination option, or sweetheart 131 + angel harp for females). Similarly Crimson Coat boosts red saber, red dagger, and red slicer by 50% atp and 22ata (red coat also boosts those weapons, but only 30% atp and 12ata). Thirteen boosts Diska of Braveman, Slicer of Assasin, and Diska of Liberator by 50%atp and 30ata. Blue Odoshi Violet Nimaidou boosts Sange, Yasha, Kamui, and Sange&Yasha by 100atp and 10ata in addition to its 40% attack speed to all weapons (less odoshi armors do not give bonus to any weapon, just lesser attack speed). Sweetheart armor boosts angel harp by 30%atp 12ata and vivi 30% attackspeed, as well as extra resists with safety heart shield equipped (which itself boosts rambling may 30ata). Samurai armor gains +20 all resists with genpei(which has no natural resists, so it only brings you up to 'average' levels tbh) and boosts Agito/Orotiagito by 30%atp and 20ata. Yata Mirror gives 20% attack speed to Kusanagi, which also gets +30ata from unit Yasakani Magatama (does not stack like proof of sword saint which also works on kusanagi iirc). Tellusis mag and Excalibur which gives 20% attack speed and +10edk +10elt when equipped together, and then finally there is the Gratia shield which gives +30ata and 20% attack speed with any yasminkov series (including hand of justice) and -20ata (1 through 4) or -30ata (riv5) with any rianov series. Granted some of these are only 2 part sets, but they are still bonuses that require using specific equipment together. Afaik there is no set bonus for DF Field and DF Shield (it stands for Dark Falz, not Dark Flow in this instance) but info about these items is limited.

I was doing some extra testing this morning with Crimson Coat + Red Saber and I can conclude that the bonus 50% atp does affect both grind and attributes, and also reconfirm that attribute do affect grindATP. Tested using normal attacks with red sabe,r with 0% and 100% native, with 0 and 78 grind, with and without crimson coat on. Displayed atp from grind increased from +156 to +234 (50% more) as well as expected damage increase from it. Comparing grind to no grind with 2-3 c/pow on depending on armor (i.e. functionally same atp as the 156/234 atp) yielded different amount of damage bonuses with and without attributes in ranges consistent with the atp of the grind (approx 30/45 more damage with grind vs equivalent c/pow non-grind, 1/5 of the grind atp). When comparing attribute to no attribute, the damage bonus from Crimson Coat increased it +50% (approx. 85/125 extra damage from attribute, 1/5 of atp as expected). I might do more testing on the db and flowen set bonuses in the future but currently working on other things.

• Like 2