Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

People just need to think for themselves.  Offer what you think a weapon is worth.  If the seller disagrees and buyer isn't willing to adjust their offer then they can just hunt it themselves.  Value is subjective and will only ever be a source of debate "official" price guide or not.

10 minutes ago, Gungar said:

There still needs to be a guideline and  moderators should make it

but their's no point, stuff fluctuates so much...plus you get people who want item A, and item A is only worth 10 DTS, but player A wants it so bad he offers 15 dts cuz the owner finds its more valuable to him then 10dts. Prices always change.

14 hours ago, Gungar said:

There still needs to be a guideline and  moderators should make it

Then make one yourself.  Moderators already have enough work.

14 hours ago, Gungar said:

Ok whats vampire cloak WORTH?

I'd probably sell for 2-5pd if I had one.  Though to be honest I think I'd find it harder to find a buyer than to find an acceptable price.

Edited by Lemon
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Lemon said:

Then make one yourself.  Moderators already have enough work.

I'd probably sell for 2-5pd if I had one.  Though to be honest I think I'd find it harder to find a buyer than to find an acceptable price.

Exclude you last comment. In regard to reply. I only said that moderators should do it, because it would be undisputed for base price and it can fluctuate however the world wants it to. I only think that there should be some type of bases to the prices of items. So that new players and long returning players will know if they're getting jipped or not. For example I bought a vampire cloak for 70 PD's and yes I should have price checked but the point is I think they should be a guiding list. Thank you and no disrespect

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Gungar said:

For example I bought a vampire cloak for 70 PD's and yes I should have price checked but the point is I think they should be a guiding list. Thank you and no disrespect

You paid 70 for it, knowing what VC does and gives when used, so obviously to you its worth that much. I think I paid 25for once close to two years ago, now there 10 or less PD's. What I'm saying is something is only worth what it's value is to the buyer. I get what you mean about being ripped off and new players which in this case seems happened, but at the same time you must of wanted one enough where this price justified spending 70pd on one. I'd say their worth is 10pd much like any hitless event weapon. 

This is why I don't buy stuff from people's shops that don't have base prices on them. They ask the buyer to say a price in hopes they will offer more then what they wanted. Every item in a shop is their because it's expendable to that person, and should be a price as to what it would take to let go of said item, like their is in stores which we can't offer a price for a bottle of water we pay what the seller asks. 

If the seller asks 70pd and you pay it well that's what it's worth to those parties. Your not forced to buy it. You can farm 70 PD's pretty quick in WOI too. It's when new people are trying to sell something for example a red ring, and someone who's been here awhile offers 10pds and the new person doesn't know its worth 10 dts (most are 7-8 now) that I really consider someone being ripped off. 

2 hours ago, Gungar said:

Exclude you last comment. In regard to reply. I only said that moderators should do it, because it would be undisputed for base price and it can fluctuate however the world wants it to. I only think that there should be some type of bases to the prices of items. So that new players and long returning players will know if they're getting jipped or not. For example I bought a vampire cloak for 70 PD's and yes I should have price checked but the point is I think they should be a guiding list. Thank you and no disrespect

i know this is not something helpfully or so but, did you bought that vampire cloak from that no name Fomarl lv 110 PD shop in game?

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Moiy Sanchez said:

i know this is not something helpfully or so but, did you bought that vampire cloak from that no name Fomarl lv 110 PD shop in game?

I did not that no name is just god awful. Plus yes you make a very good point about me paying the 70 PDS for that armor. My issue is I don't know what prices are for mostly anything I have looked for Price listings to give me some semblance of idea but lo and behold I have came up empty-handed

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gungar said:

We cannot set a base price for every item of this game, they change too much for various reasons.

Slicers of Vengeance were worth 50+ dts two years ago and now they go for about 20 pds each because they became easier to hunt during Valentine Event

PGF was about 50 dts many years ago because it used to be in the donation list and now people ask for 350+ dts as everybody wants one.

If I, as a GM, decide today to "set the price" of Varista to 99 pds, would people really buy Varista for 99 pds?

The community totally decides the prices of items.

Thus it is always better to ask for price checks if you are not sure about what an item is worth, because you will get current opinions and not something that may be obsolete.

@O9B066 posted the link to a Price guide made by a GM, yet there are many item prices in it that are much different from what they are being sold at the moment.

Not only it is a hassle to keep such a list up to date after each event, but also that doesn't take into consideration the variable stats of each weapon (20 hit? 50 hit 70% native? 80 hit?...).

If you ask me a PC with the detailed stats, I am able to give you an answer as accurate as possible (regarding the demand and the average price of the moment). I can't do that in a Price List.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Idea: Rare version of Gal Gryphon with some new Ultima exclusive goodness.
Perhaps the Emewn Shield or Emewn Guard (a Union Guard reskin with different stats, and the ability to use 3, 5 or 7 traps)

• Dislike 11

3 hours ago, Emewn said:

Perhaps the Emewn Shield or Emewn Guard (a Union Guard reskin with different stats, and the ability to use 3, 5 or 7 traps)

stop.thumb.gif.c3ffce7ffb620db7b504b2aa4171b1d0.gif

Seriously though, there is no need for that kind of item (except being a troll item like godric's/ability) and even if it were to exist someday, most people would rather not want for it to be called Enewm Shield, and you wanting an item with your name on it makes you sound pretentious.

I don't see the point of a rare gryphon. Just add those ''exclusive items'' to the drop rate of its normal form, when there's an event. Most of the Gryphon's drop are garbage anyway (Who the hell uses Gal wing)

Edited by bobshlibidich2
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, R-78 said:

We cannot set a base price for every item of this game, they change too much for various reasons.

Slicers of Vengeance were worth 50+ dts two years ago and now they go for about 20 pds each because they became easier to hunt during Valentine Event

PGF was about 50 dts many years ago because it used to be in the donation list and now people ask for 350+ dts as everybody wants one.

If I, as a GM, decide today to "set the price" of Varista to 99 pds, would people really buy Varista for 99 pds?

The community totally decides the prices of items.

Thus it is always better to ask for price checks if you are not sure about what an item is worth, because you will get current opinions and not something that may be obsolete.

@O9B066 posted the link to a Price guide made by a GM, yet there are many item prices in it that are much different from what they are being sold at the moment.

Not only it is a hassle to keep such a list up to date after each event, but also that doesn't take into consideration the variable stats of each weapon (20 hit? 50 hit 70% native? 80 hit?...).

If you ask me a PC with the detailed stats, I am able to give you an answer as accurate as possible (regarding the demand and the average price of the moment). I can't do that in a Price List.

Thank you good sir you have helped me a great deal. Thank you and I will PC when I am uncertain thank you and have a good day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1