Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

2 hours ago, mudkipzjm said:

no

There's already plenty of weapons that are decent substitutes for DM/IF that people just don't bother using. I did just fine with an Arrest needle, Baranz Launcher, and Cannon Rouge. Let's at least attempt to keep some sort of challenge to this game. Photon Crystals are pretty easy to come by, considering they drop in normal. What part of that isn't low level friendly, considering Baranz parts go for 5 pd max. Also last time I checked, 50 hit baranz launchers go for about the same price as the BC you mentioned. The weapons available to you already as a low level out number any other class, really.

Also I think we'd all like an item named after ourselves, but uh, as far as I know you haven't made any outstanding contributions to the server.

This must be one of those elitists that Terror spoke of.

Baranz Launcher doesn't even have the same weapon functionality as IF/BC. BL is a more of a shot. Human RAngers are in need of a combo unlocked AoE launcher. I've brought up a RAcast and a FOmarl to Lv200, RAmar feels like a chore.

10 minutes ago, stingray said:

This must be one of those elitists that Terror spoke of.

Baranz Launcher doesn't even have the same weapon functionality as IF/BC. BL is a more of a shot. Human RAngers are in need of a combo unlocked AoE launcher. I've brought up a RAcast and a FOmarl to Lv200, RAmar feels like a chore.

I'm not elitest at all, I don't care enough to take the game seriously. But there's plenty of other options than to get CR combo-unlocked. Arrest needle is already OP and people underestimate it's potential as a substitute. I barely see anyone using charge arms, and that was endgame gear in vanilla. RAmar also has the very nice choice of demon type sh/shot, which can easily out dps most other custom items the server can come up with. There's stuff out there, just gotta use it. I went a year and a month without using Dark Meteor and I definitely made do without it. I was the so-called "low level" for longer than most. You guys really don't realize how much a combo unlocked cannon rouge would break the game. Maybe not on a combo-unlocked snow queen scale, but it really doesn't need unlocked. This server is already comfy enough, if you want easy mode, go play Eden or something.

Edited by mudkipzjm

3 hours ago, Emewn said:

Also, I would like a new shield to be made. (Emewn Guard). An upgraded or reskin version of Union Guard with the same color changing and team logo displaying effects.

(Emewn Guard), a shield with low def, low evp, high or low resist, but with the ability to use 3, 6 or 7 traps. A shield people can challenge themselves with in difficult areas, and rep their team like bossmen when they record or simply choose to express their manliness.

Interesting stuff until that part. If you want a shield with low stats, either equip bunny/cat ears or don't equip anything and you can limit your trap intake by not using them. Also ''Enewm Guard''? Really?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Lemon said:

Is that how it happens? I'd love to have a combiner named after me.  Even better if it doesn't combine with anything. :cr-help:

You have some of the coolest quest plus the life saver of the year “lemon shop” man who would have thought you would come in clutch with a way to keep our pds in one place without having to spread them around. I love lemon shop.

I would like to have starlord armor. This armor whenever you’re around people will double, triple or quadruple your stats. The upside is since it is a troll item it will also cut down other people’s stats (teammates) by half, making it “challenging” like the good old lad with plenty of alts “emew” said. An armor that screws your friends kind of like starlord did to the rest of the avengers (spoilers). 

Ps: hucast only item :)

Thank you :)

2 hours ago, Noob Saibot said:

LOL, Photon Crystals are only 'rare' just because you don't want to hunt them.

Episode 4 - > Ultima -> MA4DMD. There is an Dorphon Eclair for you everytime you start quest, regardless of green names active or not.

With an entire HH, you can get enough (or even more) to make your Baranz Launcher 50 Hit.

50 Hit isn't enough for you? Wait for Kajex's Event, save some PCs and make your Baranz 75% Hit :)

I can concur from personal experience that you can easily get 50-70 PCs (and more with decent gear) in a HH. No need for fancy stuff too, I did it with a baranz launcher and a pair of red mechguns when I started. Just kill the first dorphon éclair in the fourth or fifth wave, /lobby out and repeat, so you don't have to deal with satellite lizards. Not to mention that on HH, the chances of a photon crystal dropping are 15/16, so I fail to see how you can ''barely find even 1''.

Edited by bobshlibidich2

10 hours ago, Emewn said:

Some folks don't know what they've saying. No offense. Ephinea is bad compared to Ultima server aside from the rare missions you can randomly get. Ephinea is still a server with very good people in it. If you hate

DF combo unlocked then Ephinea might be for you. The hate for DF combo unlocked is real over there.

They swear everybody can even use DF's special effectively.

That's probably one of the few vanilla things about it. But I wouldn't go calling it a vanilla server.

Ephinea is actually not vanilla. Ephinea has PSO2 drop rate too, and that ain't vanilla at all is it. And what about those rare quests?

Just playing on that server changes the way we were meant to experience the game drastically when (Hardcore) users abandon you during critical moments in quest just to save their progress and avoid everybody seeing their name on banner in a negative way, so you suddenly have to pull miracles a out of your ass with shitty gear by yourself.

You wanna talk about vanilla, then go actually try Ephinea. You won't say that anymore.

In Ephinea, if you try to use a moon to save a scapedoll it won't work. In the same way you would break out of ice by moving the joystick or controls, you can get up faster when knocked down by doing the same. Ephinea is nowhere close to vanilla, so throw that argument out the window.

The admins of that server choose to cater wannabe elites instead of all players, so it is bad compared to Ultima.

Please stop repeating what others say just because they have some form of reputation here.

Some of you are just agreeing, because somebody else said it. No offense. Please feel free to check yourself, and use your common sense.

Many of the people on each server have already beat this game including the new players that are now just joining. We ain't trying to use the same weapons on each character.

The variety of gear makes this server fun. On a Ranger, instead of using Heaven Striker all the time, you can use Egg Blaster MK2 for fun, so that equips and gameplay with each character can be different and enjoyable. I mean, auto-aim all the time makes people sloppy anyways, so I like the variety of gear.

Back in the day all the character's gear were so similar that you only had use for one character even when you had 12. Now you can switch up gear in ways you can enjoy each character differently. 

Baranz Launcher is so ugly and annoying to see my tiny character walking with, so I'm glad I have other alternatives. You'll never see me using Baranz Launcher unless the only other strong shot without special for human rangers gets combo locked. (Dark Meteor) Actually, I'll quit this server if DW gets combo locked, and I'll never play PSO again.

So many people love the exclusive items on this server. Just last night a few of my teammates were all types of excited over a max stat Ultima Reaper one of them bought because it hits 8 targets.

It's really fun for me to see people develop a new kind of love for this game like never before because of all the new and neat content.

If you want PSO vanilla, then go play on the Dream Cast PSO server Sylverant.

But please stop using Ephinea server as a reason to nerf items on Ultima. For a second I thought Larva was serious, and I almost cried. ;w; lol nosa

If anything boost the difficulty of monsters, but don't nerf the good things we're already used to just cause some reputable elitist says it's a good idea.

To nerf something that works nicely on this server doesn't make much sense.

On the other hand, there are some things that need boosting or perhaps new weapons need to be released.

Feel free to combo unlock Cannon Rogue though. Some might say no, but even they ain't thinking clearly about it.

Whoever says no is probably coming from the standpoint where they already have all the gear they need. But being only 5 months into this server, I'm speaking for the low level human ranger.

We shouldn't be able to see a low level force destroy a low level ranger in dps with even a 0'd Banana Cannon. But you won't see me suggest nerfing BC, because it works doesn't it?

Some might consider max stat CR broken when combo unlocked, so then make it so that you have to put in effort, and obtain a rare item to combo unlock it.

It's just crazy how much more effective a low lv force is compared to a low lv human ranger in relation to dps when they use 0'd BC & CR/other shot.

The imbalance is real. Last I remember, ranger was suitable for mid-level players while forces were suitable for advanced level-players as they would have to know how to dodge because of their low hp/def, not the other way around. Now, even low level forces can kill everything with 0'd BC & some Heavenly/Arms before the monsters even get to touch them.

I say cater to all players, not just the elitists. That's what makes this server better than others in some areas.

From what I can tell, many decisions were carefully made for the benefit of all.

When low level forces come into a room with a low level ranger things get quite mismatched at times.

I think rangers should have an equally capable shot, and I don't wanna see anybody mention a 50hit Baranz Launcher, because what new player can get a hold of that easily? I can barely even find 1 photon crystal. I hope I made my point. Probably the only remotely inexpensive and effective shot with charge special in ultimate is Baranz Launcher, and that definitely requires hit. It is easier saving up 15-20pd and buying a 0'd BC as a low level force than getting a 50h Baranz Launcher as a low level ranger. 

I think its interesting how people wanna talk about minor issues and other servers, and even troll others, but ignore actual imbalances in the game.

If there is a problem with CR being combo unlocked, then make it so that you have to put in effort, and obtain a specific rare item somehow to combo unlock it.

You could even make a new quest shop under Ultima category in epi4 since there isn't a quest under that selection, but for the exchanging of items that would be required to combo unlock all the other weapons that are combo locked. Having to put in the extra effort would make even those inexpensive weapons worth some DTS further encouraging the DTS system as well. I really don't see how that would effect the server in a bad way. Please consider my idea.

Also, I would like a new shield to be made. (Emewn Guard). An upgraded or reskin version of Union Guard with the same color changing and team logo displaying effects.

(Emewn Guard), a shield with low def, low evp, high or low resist, but with the ability to use 3, 6 or 7 traps. A shield people can challenge themselves with in difficult areas, and rep their team like bossmen when they record or simply choose to express their manliness.

So even Ephinea themselves have dropped the “vanilla pso” monicker. The main thing that people like about Ephinea is that the combat is all still vanilla. No unlocked dark weapons, boosted weapons, op new items(sta, cb) and most importantly all the monsters remain vanilla unlike here. It’s pretty rare for items to be named after players. There’s only like 3 and they are sort of “legends” here. I WILL tell you that Baranz Launcher is fine because it’s something that people like me would give away. You can literally 1/1 hunt photon crystals during HH which happens EVERYDAY and sometimes more from MA4DMD on normal because of the set rare spawns. A lot of what you’re saying feels really biased and seems maybe a bit wrong. 

So even Ephinea themselves have dropped the “vanilla pso” monicker. The main thing that people like about Ephinea is that the combat is all still vanilla. No unlocked dark weapons, boosted weapons, op new items(sta, cb) and most importantly all the monsters remain vanilla unlike here. It’s pretty rare for items to be named after players. There’s only like 3 and they are sort of “legends” here. I WILL tell you that Baranz Launcher is fine because it’s something that people like me would give away. You can literally 1/1 hunt photon crystals during HH which happens EVERYDAY and sometimes more from MA4DMD on normal because of the set rare spawns. A lot of what you’re saying feels really biased and seems maybe a bit wrong. 
Did you actually read everything? He has a point.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

On 9/5/2018 at 6:52 PM, Kraven202 said:

Ano means anus in spanish

I learned that the hard way on a spanish test in college. When I answered the question of how old I was, I gave Profesora Valdez a little too much information...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Dw 1

On 9/6/2018 at 2:55 PM, Emewn said:

-snip-

Combo unlocking Cannon Rouge is not a good idea imo. Banana Cannon was not designed for rangers to use. Iron faust is limited to cast. Weapons shouldn't be exactly the same across the spectrum or else you just end up with a clear 'best' option and it gets very stale. If you want a good AOE bazooka weapon for ramar/ramarl, consider hunting a Bomb-Chu in the upcoming Triforce event. It is quite strong on them. It uses card animation so it's actually pretty fast to attack with, and has insane ata so it basically won't miss either. The different classes can use similar gear if you look for it, but the unique differences of individual weapons within the variety of gear is what actually keeps things interesting.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fyrewolf5 said:

Combo unlocking Cannon Rouge is not a good idea imo. Banana Cannon was not designed for rangers to use. Iron faust is limited to cast. Weapons shouldn't be exactly the same across the spectrum or else you just end up with a clear 'best' option and it gets very stale. If you want a good AOE bazooka weapon for ramar/ramarl, consider hunting a Bomb-Chu in the upcoming Triforce event. It is quite strong on them. It uses card animation so it's actually pretty fast to attack with, and has insane ata so it basically won't miss either. The different classes can use similar gear if you look for it, but the unique differences of individual weapons within the variety of gear is what actually keeps things interesting.

It may use card animation but it won't keep monsters in postion since it can move you out of positioning, something I'm not a fan of.

@MadOrNah