Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

12 hours ago, Starlord said:

It’s nice to think pgf year round will help but in reality the ultima player is lazy. Yeah I said it, doesn’t take years in this server to realize that. People bitch about the drop rate being 1/300 or whatever during Xmas event so they just give up on it when they hunted a whole month. If you make let’s say the drop rate 1/500, people will still bitch that it’s too hard. So upping the rate won’t do anything for pay to win ultima players. I think pgf drop for two events one other than Christmas might be the better option. If they do year round price will still stay the same I feel because people would rather pay than spending hours, weeks, or months hunting an item. Just my humble gay opinion.

While I do agree there are some who are lazy when it comes to events/hunting/etc, etc...  There are others as well Starlord who simply don't have the time to devote hours upon hours it takes to hunt such things.  I'd probably be one of those people...  It's why I was also one of the last individuals to buy a PGF before they cut off the ability to do so years ago, I don't regret it either and would do it again.(but I also didn't buy it till Trigunman hit lvl 200 and I still had to grind Restless Lion quest for that freakin' perfect 50 hit Arms too ^_^ )

Regardless, time is money and for some, money is easier to come by than time these days.  If I was 20 years younger (i.e. not having to deal with stupid health issues rearing their ugly head) and didn't have a job, house, vehicle and other responsibilities that eat up so much time, I'd have no problem grinding for hours too.  Right or wrong, that's unfortunately the way it is...

Edited by Trigunman
  • Like 1

Even younger people don't always have time during the holiday season to spend hours on end playing pso.

It's not weird at all to say that RAmar/RAmar's lack strong AOE long range weapons. Try naming an end-game shotgun that does high damage per second without a special. But keep in mind in what ways Ultima's difficulty was boosted already. We can't pretend things should be exactly as they were on original Blue Burst server days as far as item availability goes.

I knew somebody would mention Baranz Launcher, but I have never liked nor used Baranz Launcher, because not only is it too bulky for my small characters, but charge special on a shotgun is not something I like to use all the time in ultimate difficulty, and I shouldn't HAVE to rely on meseta nor rely on GMs for meseta just to deal high damage to mobs as a fleshy ranger.

Combo unlocking CANNON ROUGE wouldn't be silly at all. Especially if PGF is kept as an event item.

Fact of the matter is that on this server, the drop availability of probably the only end-game shotgun for freshly rangers was taken away. That in itself probably caused DTS usage to skyrocket, so I can see why folks would want PGF to remain as an event item. When DTS becomes the only other way to obtain a PGF, of course people will have to get donation tickets. I'm not saying anything bad about the donation ticket system, because the existence of DTS seems to be the best possible solution to some problems relating to hackers for various reasons. I am in favor of DTS being a thing. That's beside the point.

However, at this point in time, whether or not PGF becomes an all year drop again won't hurt the server one bit.

The drop rate for PGF has always been very low anyways. Sure Ultima users have become lazy, including myself to the point I trade for most of the goodies I obtain, but PGF dropping year round could turn out to give users a new drive. Motivation perhaps.

Either way, I've been having a more fun time on Ultima server than any other. And I started playing around April 1st.

As for Abuelita/Battle becoming Centurion/Battle units at some point for fun.

Yeah, I was just kidding, but I was also throwing it out there because it wasn't necessarily unrealistic.

If it gets done, the manliness is with that guy. Cause there are a lot of people who didn't get a single centurion/battle during the summer event. I found mine at the very end of it, and the event was clearly extended.

So whoever just so happened to save their Abuelita/Battle, if they have centurion/battle already, they probably wouldn't mind getting rid of the extra centurion/battle to another user in need for cheapy. People naturally like to get the most out of what they worked hard for. But if they just get lucky with extras, who knows who they might bless with some goodies.

Turning Abuelita/Battle into Centurion/Battle would be some interesting fun imo. Haha!

Please forgive me for the lengthy post.

PGF is probably not going to be an option, it's in xmas event and that's where it's going to stay for the moment. Olga drops are something I do want to do though. However it's really weird to say that 'fleshy rangers don't have a good freaking shot', because they have literally ALL the shots except for one (which isn't even really a shot besides animation because how it hits enemies is very unique); so, are you saying there aren't any good shots in the game? Baranz Launcher does more damage than DM even at medium buff and is relatively cheap and easy to get. Also, definitely not unlocking cannon rouge, that would be very silly, almost as much so as the abuelita/battle turning into c/battle.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Emewn said:

It's not weird at all to say that RAmar/RAmar's lack strong AOE long range weapons. Try naming an end-game shotgun that does high damage per second without a special. But keep in mind in what ways Ultima's difficulty was boosted already. We can't pretend things should be exactly as they were on original Blue Burst server days as far as item availability goes.

I knew somebody would mention Baranz Launcher, but I have never liked nor used Baranz Launcher, because not only is it too bulky for my small characters, but charge special on a shotgun is not something I like to use all the time in ultimate difficulty, and I shouldn't HAVE to rely on meseta nor rely on GMs for meseta just to deal high damage to mobs as a fleshy ranger.

I wholeheartedly disagree with almost everything you said.  RA already has very good weapons, both AOE and Ranged.  For your pleasure, please view appendix A to find a short list of over powered weapons that your RAmar can use.  It's quite a bit longer than it needs to be, even with me just naming stuff off the top of my head.  Cannon Rouge is already an amazing weapon with it being combo locked.

You're just wrong about the Abuelita/Battle bit.  I know many people who save every rare they get.  Anyway, Cent\battle is the upgrade from v101 which is dirt cheap.  It's the 'ok, now i'm going to work for my gear' upgrade.  Just how DM is that from Baranz Launcher or Charge Arms.

But take my opinion with a grain of salt, I'm still 100% in favor of combo locking all the dark weapons.

Spoiler
  1. Baranz Launcher
  2. Yasminkov 9000M - Charge or Demons
  3. Cannon Rouge
  4. Crush Cannon
  5. Charge Arms
  6. Psycho Ravens
  7. TypeSH\Shot - Charge or Demons or Hell
  8. Rage De Glace
  9. Frozen Shooter
  10. Arrest Needle

Edited by Lemon

Spoiler

New posts within a short time frame are limited. Please wait () seconds before submitting." 

Could we maybe not have this message pop up after replying to or sending a pm? disable it, please.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Champione said:

Combo locking the most powerful weapons will make people use other weapons and it will drive down the prices on them  to as well 

If that’s what you think will make the game better I think you’re in the wrong server there buddy. I believe ephinea has combo locked dark weapons and a lot more so you’re forced to explore alternatives. Maybe you’re looking for a more vanilla environment to make your game more enjoyable.

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1