Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

5 hours ago, O9B066 said:

The only thing thats sad is, remembering something so minor and un-important from 2000-2001 (when i played it on dreamcast).

They're not buffed at the moment and are easy to solo a room with 3 on each end, come Halloween though they suck alone. 

That's because Indi Belras didn't exist in V1.

A /kick command, starting to get a lot of idlers in my games who sit there and do nothing but take up a slot when someone who actually wants to play could fill it.
That could be abused

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Not really, it's just gotta be done right.

Can't be used during an active quest.

Room must be full. (4 People)

Both other party members must agree to kick as well.

Only team leader can intiate a kick.

(Also Ephenia has this.)

This way it has to be unanimous decision. Again, idlers are impossible to get out of your group. Been getting a few of them recently clogging up slots.

Edited by Hatsodoom Reiga

You know, you could always just remake the room.  I also disagree with the implementation of this.  I can only see it causing more problems(drama) than it'd solve.

I honestly don't like the idea too much but also don't dislike it entirely...
I think is a bit extreme since there can only be at most 4 players tho... Games like CSGO for example where there can be many more is kinda different (and there it gets abused most of the time lol).

I'll think about it but I doubt it would make it into the current server, for Aselia shouldn't be too hard to make.

• Like 2

@Soly podemos tener un comando de /canjoin para que la gente se una mientras que el quest esta en proceso? Schthack tiene esto y seria bueno que ultima lo tuviera. De modo tal que se pueda empezar el quest y que la gente pueda unirse durante el proceso e irse sin necesidad de comprometer el party

Edited by MrHucast
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, MrHucast said:

@Soly podemos tener un comando de /canjoin para que la gente se una mientras que el quest esta en proceso? Schthack tiene esto y seria bueno que ultima lo tuviera. De modo tal que se pueda empezar el quest y que la gente pueda unirse durante el proceso e irse sin necesidad de comprometer el party

Only the government quests implement this functionality.
The normal multiplayer quests were not really designed for this, so this might not happen... I'll discuss this with the staff to add it Aselia, maybe adding flags to which quests can be joined in progress.

9 hours ago, Soly said:

I think is a bit extreme since there can only be at most 4 players tho... Games like CSGO for example where there can be many more is kinda different (and there it gets abused most of the time lol).

I'll think about it but I doubt it would make it into the current server, for Aselia shouldn't be too hard to make.

If used responsibility, it would benefit some. I'm sure we've all done a RT where at seaside someone goes afk, then magically is back for gal. A team shouldnt have to do all the work and someone come back collect the drops and head straight for a boss. If it's majority votes it shouldn't be a problem. Also, people don't use the password function yet ask people to leave a room cause their holding a spot, which that would solve alot of this also. Or, cause the password system is somewhat bugged, a random guesses your password after being asked to leave still won't, doesn't say anything and stays, some people warrant a kick, atleast i a passworded game. 

23 hours ago, Soly said:

On 4/28/2018 at 9:23 PM, Lemon said:

You know, you could always just remake the room.  I also disagree with the implementation of this.  I can only see it causing more problems(drama) than it'd solve.

yeah you dont like it, but this is the reality of why this is a great idea...

Just remake the game lemon? well i had seaside unlocked for someone he has jungle, just had moutains to go, just remake it though huh thats the best option?

23lmelc.jpg
122g7zc.jpg
2dbsa6w.jpg

I cant really claim i know what you two do, but im not sure your in game as much as some of us, to see or deal with this crap.

• 4 weeks later...

Implimenting a server command to revert Ult enemy stats to vanilla V3/BB stats. Ultimate is hard enough to get into for a new character, do we really need them to be harder? It just serves as an uneccessary roadblock. With OP as hell weapons on the server it does very little to make things "harder" when two people with x4ATP Dark Flows are running around. It's just irritating that the server felt the need to buff what didn't really need to be buffed, Ult was hard enough before. It has to be possible SOMEHOW. We've got server commands for exp, Ephinea has commands for negating increased rare drops and rare spawns (Which I also believe we should have.), so in some manner it has to be possible. Commands that alter an individual room, be it for just the player or all people in the room, it is a thing. My FOmarl was underpowered for a while because it took 50% more foies to kill a Bartle. I freaking checked the math and looked at the stats of the enemy on PSO World. Now I'm not expecting this to be done, not holding my breath. In fact I'm expecting to get a lot of flaming for this since for some reason I've become a social pariah on the forums. But my love for this game made me voice my request anyway. I feel like this server mods too much. I'm not against modding the game from its original state, but its a slippery slope.

1 hour ago, Hatsodoom Reiga said:

Implimenting a server command to revert Ult enemy stats to vanilla V3/BB stats. Ultimate is hard enough to get into for a new character, do we really need them to be harder? It just serves as an uneccessary roadblock. With OP as hell weapons on the server it does very little to make things "harder" when two people with x4ATP Dark Flows are running around. It's just irritating that the server felt the need to buff what didn't really need to be buffed, Ult was hard enough before. It has to be possible SOMEHOW. We've got server commands for exp, Ephinea has commands for negating increased rare drops and rare spawns (Which I also believe we should have.), so in some manner it has to be possible. Commands that alter an individual room, be it for just the player or all people in the room, it is a thing. My FOmarl was underpowered for a while because it took 50% more foies to kill a Bartle. I freaking checked the math and looked at the stats of the enemy on PSO World. Now I'm not expecting this to be done, not holding my breath. In fact I'm expecting to get a lot of flaming for this since for some reason I've become a social pariah on the forums. But my love for this game made me voice my request anyway. I feel like this server mods too much. I'm not against modding the game from its original state, but its a slippery slope.

Maybe Ultima is not for you...

If you want it more vanilla like you should try Ephinea.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hatsodoom Reiga said:

Techs have been notoriously crap in ultimate, even vanilla, without a ton of +percent to tech pieces. (with the exception of episode 4). That's just a hazard of playing a newman force. 

There is quite a big curve from Very Hard to Ultimate. You need to max your mag, get some materials, and that will take care of more than OP weapons will tbh.

And about it being TOO hard, no it's definitely not. It's easy enough to steamroll TTF in roughly 10 minutes. If it was nerfed, it would be far too easy, more than it already is.

And yeah what Lipelis said, it doesn't get much more vanilla than Ephinea. But take it from me, it's boring as hell.

• Like 2

Don't get me started on TTF alright? And I mean too hard for people just entering ULT. Back on GC you could enter it at level 80 and you'd get roflstomped. Come 90-100 maybe you'd be fine with some decent gear. Here that gets kicked up another 10-20 levels just for forest.

Also I'd go to Ephinea in a heartbeat if I could get my character data transfered, at the very least their levels. Convince them to do that and consider me gone.

2 hours ago, Hatsodoom Reiga said:

The thing about that is, ultimate multimode forest is not buffed, at all. It was just as hard in vanilla to foie a bartle as here (though vanilla you could enter ultimate 10 levels faster). Even in places where enemies are buffed, they get 25% more, not 50%. I've checked the math too, and I think you must be mistaken about something then. Perhaps you are inadvertently trying to compare offline stats to online stats (lvl 90 fomarl mst with 25foie and no boosts, units, or mag, would kill vanilla 1p bartle in 4 foie, as opposed to 6 for online bartle, again for which vanilla and ultima have identical stats)? Most people that are entering forest and saying it's too hard are more than likely neglecting one or more things for their character, be it keeping their mag up to date in levels, having eaten some materials they pick up on the way, or simply misrembering that the vanilla game was just as big or bigger of a jump (especially considering the 10 level difference in entrance requirement). Regardless of whether such a command is/isn't possible, it wouldn't change anything on the monsters, and it'd still be a struggle until you could fix whatever was neglected for your character.