Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

On 2/8/2018 at 12:38 PM, Lemon said:

Lets combo lock DF and DM.  That will drop the pgf price and balance all the other weapons.

We could just have PGF made into a permanent drop, weekly/weekend event type of drop and/or make it redeemable for a reasonable amount of DTs. Was it not $60 when it was available for redemption before? People with the time and the ambition could hunt them while people with less time and/or loads of money to spend could still fork over large amounts of $$ for DTs to buy them. It is a permanent drop on other private servers (and was at the end of the Japanese server's life) so why not here?

If you don't think it plausible make PGF cheaper, more accessible, or to make DM & DF more balanced then maybe buff some other weapons. This could be done by either increasing atp on certain weapons or reducing atp while combo unlocking certain weapons. How about a Female equivalent to Psycho Raven? Maybe a Banana Cannon/Iron Faust equivalent combo unlocked launcher for Ramarl & Ramar. An example of this is to either buff the atp on Cannon Rouge and keep it combo locked or reduce its atp by a couple hundred and combo unlock it. Other examples of bazookas that could use a combo unlock and possible atp adjustments are Gi-Gue Bazooka, Ano Bazooka or NUG2000-Bazooka. You don't need to hit for 1k per shot (even though 100% Banana Cannon crits over 1,100... on Fomarl) but it would be nice to have a combo unlocked bazooka for Ramarl/Ramar that can easily do 600+ per target hit like Forces and Racast/Racaseal can do with junk stat Banana Cannons or Iron Fausts. None of these ideas come close to the power of DM but it would make all Ranger and Force classes a little more balanced without god tier weapons. Heck, an easier to find piercing shotgun like DM would be nice even if it has half the atp.

However, it would take a ton of work trying to balance all those weapons compared to just making PGF a permanent drop and/or fairly priced for DT redemption. That would stabilize prices and satisfy disgruntled players that are unlucky every time the event comes around. Prices for it would most likely go down but having more PGF/DM/DF in circulation = more being traded for and bought, which leads to more DTs being purchased in order trade for and buy them. Not to mention more DTs being purchased so that people can sphere their shiny new DMs & DFs. Just my thoughts on the matter and I'm sure people will try to poke holes in these suggestions but I'm just thinking for the good of the community in the long term.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Dw 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm another one in favor of expanding PGF's availability but that seems very unlikely in this server. Anyway, here's a few idea's I have for new items:

• Resta Block. A unit that stops resta from from healing you - so DF user's can stop getting mad and Fo's playing with DF users can stop having to worry about upsetting them!
  • Happymate. A consumable that's gives you 1 hour of happy hours drop rates. Could apply to party. Ends with instance.
  • Gold Photon. A consumable that unlocks locked weapons such as Panzer Faust, Master Raven, Snow Queen to Gold Faust, Gold Raven and Gold Queen etc. Would be so cool.
  • Holy Photon. A  consumable that adds 10% hit to a weapon. Maybe limit up to 50%. Sweet and simple.
  • Mag treat. A consumable that triggers mag invisibility. Could be useful.
  • Noob Shield. A shield only equippable <lvl 100, gives super high defense and resistance but can't attack.
  • Relief. A consumable that once used removes damage cancel from the enitire server forever :P

I had some more but my memory is awful.

Edited by starscreme
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, starscreme said:

I'm another one in favor of expanding PGF's availability but that seems very unlikely in this server. Anyway, here's a few idea's I have for new items:

• Resta Block. A unit that stops resta from from healing you - so DF user's can stop getting mad and Fo's playing with DF users can stop having to worry about upsetting them!
  • Happymate. A consumable that's gives you 1 hour of happy hours drop rates. Could apply to party. Ends with instance.
  • Gold Photon. A consumable that unlocks locked weapons such as Panzer Faust, Master Raven, Snow Queen to Gold Faust, Gold Raven and Gold Queen etc. Would be so cool.
  • Holy Photon. A  consumable that adds 10% hit to a weapon. Maybe limit up to 50%. Sweet and simple.
  • Mag treat. A consumable that triggers mag invisibility. Could be useful.
  • Noob Shield. A shield only equippable <lvl 100, gives super high defense and resistance but can't attack.
  • Relief. A consumable that once used removes damage cancel from the enitire server forever :P

I had some more but my memory is awful.

The resta thing has been though of by many other people. Also snow queen should never be unlocked. It would make traps completely useless and just be way too op.

31 minutes ago, mudkipzjm said:

The resta thing has been though of by many other people. Also snow queen should never be unlocked. It would make traps completely useless and just be way too op.

Great on the resta thing then. I've never heard it mentioned before but I do understand that not many idea's are original, that doesn't put me off from having them though.

I disagree with you regarding Snow Queen, unlocking it is not going to make it "just way too op". It would make it a great weapon, for sure, but just make the Gold Photon an event item with low drop rate. DM, DF, Demon Yas, and hell type shot could be called op, should we get rid of them?

Edited by starscreme

1 hour ago, starscreme said:

Great on the resta thing then. I've never heard it mentioned before but I do understand that not many idea's are original, that doesn't put me off from having them though.

I disagree with you regarding Snow Queen, unlocking it is not going to make it "just way too op". It would make it a great weapon, for sure, but just make the Gold Photon an event item with low drop rate. DM, DF, Demon Yas, and hell type shot could be called op, should we get rid of them?

Snow Queen unlocked would be on a whole different level of broken then the rest of the weapons you stated. Even scht doesn't have it unlocked which says something.

On 2/9/2018 at 4:46 AM, jj733 said:

We could just have PGF made into a permanent drop, weekly/weekend event type of drop and/or make it redeemable for a reasonable amount of DTs. Was it not $60 when it was available for redemption before? People with the time and the ambition could hunt them while people with less time and/or loads of money to spend could still fork over large amounts of $$ for DTs to buy them. It is a permanent drop on other private servers (and was at the end of the Japanese server's life) so why not here?

If you don't think it plausible make PGF cheaper, more accessible, or to make DM & DF more balanced then maybe buff some other weapons. This could be done by either increasing atp on certain weapons or reducing atp while combo unlocking certain weapons. How about a Female equivalent to Psycho Raven? Maybe a Banana Cannon/Iron Faust equivalent combo unlocked launcher for Ramarl & Ramar. An example of this is to either buff the atp on Cannon Rouge and keep it combo locked or reduce its atp by a couple hundred and combo unlock it. Other examples of bazookas that could use a combo unlock and possible atp adjustments are Gi-Gue Bazooka, Ano Bazooka or NUG2000-Bazooka. You don't need to hit for 1k per shot (even though 100% Banana Cannon crits over 1,100... on Fomarl) but it would be nice to have a combo unlocked bazooka for Ramarl/Ramar that can easily do 600+ per target hit like Forces and Racast/Racaseal can do with junk stat Banana Cannons or Iron Fausts. None of these ideas come close to the power of DM but it would make all Ranger and Force classes a little more balanced without god tier weapons. Heck, an easier to find piercing shotgun like DM would be nice even if it has half the atp.

However, it would take a ton of work trying to balance all those weapons compared to just making PGF a permanent drop and/or fairly priced for DT redemption. That would stabilize prices and satisfy disgruntled players that are unlucky every time the event comes around. Prices for it would most likely go down but having more PGF/DM/DF in circulation = more being traded for and bought, which leads to more DTs being purchased in order trade for and buy them. Not to mention more DTs being purchased so that people can sphere their shiny new DMs & DFs. Just my thoughts on the matter and I'm sure people will try to poke holes in these suggestions but I'm just thinking for the good of the community in the long term.

Ramar has burning visit I think it's called. Pgf will never be on the list. It's too op for it to be 60 bucks and everyone having one and two finding a dw now costs $500 which went Yo from 350 in November... So obviously it's also a money thing too. 

So after being here for a little over a year, i have accumlated alot of stuff, and basically fully setup 10 charactors that i can hop on and go, just needing 3 c/battle to be fully rdy. Their's no event on now, what's their left to do? Nothing RR hunt is all that goes on during hh usually, and cant really get a decent crew together for woi so...i see other servers have year round drops of custom weapons...would be cool if ultima could do that, wether it be take a weapon from each event and make em all year drops, or make a couple new things and stick them in the game somewhere to spice things up. Could even possibly change these drops every so often. Just really an idea to spice the game up...

@Soly this is your area, and you can't agree more with me, after all the other day i caught you not knowing wtf happened in a quest that's been on the server for a year...so you of all people are too bored to play this game i see lol

I'm not talking anything OP...or do a random week where Photon Boosters drop, or a weekened for c/battle idk but i notice with no events the server gets dead...and i know i know, i dont help if im not on. But, all of the vanilla stuff i have that i need except a DM.

Edited by O9B066
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, O9B066 said:

I'm not talking anything OP...or do a random week where Photon Boosters drop, or a weekened for c/battle idk but i notice with no events the server gets dead...and i know i know, i dont help if im not on. But, all of the vanilla stuff i have that i need except a DM.

How about something along those lines but don't announce all the details. For example, "a rare unit has been spotted on a fatty" (c/battle dropping from gibbles, but what ID?) or something a bit more imaginative than that. I do love the events but there's no hunt, everyone already knows PGF drops from Olga and the best way to hunt is to spam RT. It would be cool for a genuine hunt with the community.

I have no idea how much work it is or how much testing is needed, but if it's going to be pre-existing items, I can't imagine it would be that hard to do every now and again, but then again, what do i know!

1 hour ago, O9B066 said:

@Soly this is your area, and you can't agree more with me, after all the other day i caught you not knowing wtf happened in a quest that's been on the server for a year...so you of all people are too bored to play this game i see lol

Eh, not really... I got a (technically) full time job, I'm a musician, etc.
I stopped playing PSO2 too as well as CS:GO and bunch of other stuff... recently was trying a few games (not mmo stuff).

I'm glad I can still put time in pso development.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, O9B066 said:

Umm, finding a bug in old software isn't unh heard of.  I find bugs in all sorts of old stuff.  It doesn't help that everything we know about this is based on reverse engineering.  You're logic doesn't hold.  Anyway, why don't you whip up some content for the game instead of complaining that others aren't already doing it?

Also, there are plenty of things that you could be doing.  For one I know CCC only has 2 Time Attack records.  Put together a team and run that.

Edited by Lemon
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Lemon said:

Umm, finding a bug in old software isn't unh heard of.  I find bugs in all sorts of old stuff.  It doesn't help that everything we know about this is based on reverse engineering.  You're logic doesn't hold.  Anyway, why don't you whip up some content for the game instead of complaining that others aren't already doing it?

Also, there are plenty of things that you could be doing.  For one I know CCC only has 2 Time Attack records.  Put together a team and run that.

For one it was a inside joke abiut something that happened the other day  two it's not hard to add or remove drops and soly doesn't have to always be the one to do it. 

Complaining? So giving my opinion is complaining now? Alot of people on this server need to understand what complain means after all this is an idea thread. Everything is complaining to ppl on this server either comprehend complain or toughen up if something like this is complaining. 

• Like 1

On 3/12/2018 at 12:03 PM, O9B066 said:

So after being here for a little over a year, i have accumlated alot of stuff, and basically fully setup 10 charactors that i can hop on and go, just needing 3 c/battle to be fully rdy. Their's no event on now, what's their left to do? Nothing RR hunt is all that goes on during hh usually, and cant really get a decent crew together for woi so...i see other servers have year round drops of custom weapons...would be cool if ultima could do that, wether it be take a weapon from each event and make em all year drops, or make a couple new things and stick them in the game somewhere to spice things up. Could even possibly change these drops every so often. Just really an idea to spice the game up...

A little over a year and you've "fully setup 10 characters"? That is just depressing. People don't seem to remember what PSO was really all about. But I won't go into that here, I'd be here all day.

• 2 weeks later...

Had an idea during the downtime between events. Something that would be cool is to add Dark Meteor & Dark Flow like weapons with less ATP that we can farm all year kinda like how there's Psycho Wand, the weaker version of Psycho Bridge. If adding some event items as year round drops is not a viable option this could be a substitute that would not detract from the values on PGF. Say you call the weapons Light Meteor and Light Flow (just placeholder names lol). The actual weapon could drop from Olga Flow or drop an item like PGF called Parasite Gene "Light".

*I listed the original version of the dark weapons for comparison. Also listed 3 potential stat lines for the weapons. from 1/2 strength to 3/4 strength of original dark weapons.

Dark Meteor - 750-880 ATP / +25 grind / +45 ATA / 200 ATA required.

*Light Meteor - 375-440 ATP / +25 grind / +45 ATA / 100 ATA required. (1/2 Dark Meteor Strength)

*Light Meteor - 495-580 ATP / +25 grind / +45 ATA / 132 ATA required. (2/3 Dark Meteor Strength)

*Light Meteor - 563-660 ATP / +25 grind / +45 ATA / 150 ATA required. (3/4 Dark Meteor Strength)

Light Meteor drops from Ultimate Olga Flow for Viridia, Skyly, Purplenum, Redria, & Yellowboze. Or Parasite Gene "Light" drops from Ultimate Olga Flow for all Section IDs. Drops change back to event drops during events that alter Olga Flow's Drops.

The drop rate could be something around 1/50 - 1/100.

Dark Flow - 1000-1100 ATP / +0 grind / +50 ATA / 1100 ATP required.

*Light Flow - 500-550 ATP / +0 grind / +50 ATA / 550 ATP required. (1/2 Dark Flow Strength)

*Light Flow - 660-726 ATP / +0 grind / +50 ATA / 726 ATP required. (2/3 Dark Flow Strength)

*Light Flow - 750-825 ATP / +0 grind / +50 ATA / 825 ATP required. (3/4 Dark Flow Strength)

Light Flow drops from Ultimate Olga Flow for Greenill, Blueful, Pinkal, Oran, & Whitill. Or Parasite Gene "Light" drops from Ultimate Olga Flow for all Section IDs. Drops change back to event drops during events that alter Olga Flow's Drops.

The drop rate could be something around 1/50 - 1/100.

I gave the weapons either 1/2, 2/3, or 3/4 of the power of the originals and 1/2, 2/3, 3/4 the required ATA/ATP of the originals if anyone was wondering how I came up with the numbers. The special effects/abilities would remain the same, the weapons would just be weaker. Could even make them start at 1/2 power and have 2 stages of potential upgrading all the way up to 3/4 power. This would give everyone an opportunity to hunt and use a weaker version of the Dark Weapons while at the same time still having a reason to hunt PGF during xmas (or waste a car payment on one lmao).

Edited by jj733
  • Like 3

I kind of like this idea, but instead of making them a strictly weaker version, maybe give them a little more atp than the original and something like 5 ata.  That way they're similar, but different enough that you might want them if you already have the dark cycle.