Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

if possible, add a grand ultimate mode or something. everything is insanely hard and not even possible unless you have a full party. if you cant add on a new difficulty, you could make a new ship dedicated to this. as for the drop rate, it could stay the same. just would be nice for high levels to have some challenge

Edited by Alex Mason
  • Like 1

I have planned to make an on the fly (room creation most likely) battle parameter changing stuff.

This would allow this kind of stuff, like crack mode, without requiring anything new beside the code required for it and the battle parameters.

• Like 2

I have planned to make an on the fly (room creation most likely) battle parameter changing stuff.
This would allow this kind of stuff, like crack mode, without requiring anything new beside the code required for it and the battle parameters.
Ohh that would be so epic !

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

When I came back recently after being pretty inactive for about a year I was really happy with the changes that were made. Particularly the weapons that had been added which I think helped balance the classes within the game. I would like to give praise to the ultima team for coming up with this awesome stuff!

Weapons like banana cannon, sacred bow, boomerang, samba fiesta, kiss of death and even bombchu addressed specific difficult scenarios for classes who struggled, while other gear such as the red ring costumes and the safety heart buff supplied additional balance.

I feel that generally FOs are in a good position right now with weapons and being able to fight effectively.

However, I still feel that offensive techs are underpowered and I know these suggestions have been made many times before, but I think it's worth revisiting.

Gi-techs could use a better buff. Maybe this Valentine's event would be a good time for a new item like this.

Something like V802 would be cool to increase the speed of casting further but I believe it's not possible atm so I think a unit that combines the casting speed of V801 and the battle speed of centurion battle would be sufficient (equipable only by FOs). 

Fonewm and Fonewearl struggle with only 150 mats and would really benefit from an extra free unit.

If not that, then the material cap on newmans should be increased to 250. I know this has been mentioned many times before and I'm not sure if there's a reason it hasn't been done.

Switching between mags is inefficient when there are groups of different enemies in a room you want to use melee weapons on some and techs on the others.

If not those another unit that I think would bring more balance to the game would be one that increased the chance of secondary effects happening to enemies hit by techs that way FOs could more reliably freeze enemies with Gibarta, paralyze with Zonde and kill with Megid. Not sure if that would be possible though. It could also benefit the other classes who can cast techs.

• Like 1

@Tru I do like the material idea (though honestly newman base - max differences are so huge, I'm not even sure 250 mats would allow for no unit 1 mag plans). With regards to gi- techs though, I can't see gifoie being buffed any higher, it is already dangerously close to being broken when using all the techboosts, and with gibarta it's difficult to find any ground where it both doesn't suck but isn't stupidly OP, the tech is so bad that to be worth using it has to exceed any reasonable levels (Gizonde is one of my favorite techs though). I'm glad you enjoyed all the new stuff we came up with, and I hope you'll enjoy what we have planned for / come up with in the future too.

1 hour ago, Fyrewolf5 said:

@Tru I do like the material idea (though honestly newman base - max differences are so huge, I'm not even sure 250 mats would allow for no unit 1 mag plans). With regards to gi- techs though, I can't see gifoie being buffed any higher, it is already dangerously close to being broken when using all the techboosts, and with gibarta it's difficult to find any ground where it both doesn't suck but isn't stupidly OP, the tech is so bad that to be worth using it has to exceed any reasonable levels (Gizonde is one of my favorite techs though). I'm glad you enjoyed all the new stuff we came up with, and I hope you'll enjoy what we have planned for / come up with in the future too.

Gizonde is really cool. As far as gifoie, I see what you're saying as far as it being powerful especially when casting multiple due to the lingering hitbox; therefore, I could see that receiving less of a boost in comparison to the other gi-techs. However, in solo-play, the main use of casting multiple like that would be in rooms with lots of monster spawns. The way I see it, even if FOs were able to get through rooms like that quicker than they can now, they still wouldn't be getting through an entire quest as fast as hunters and rangers solo (from a TA perspective) except maybe on some ep4 quests. I could see it having a bigger impact in team play especially with multiple FO. I'm not sure if you had a specific scenario in mind. I would expect that other servers have implemented larger gi-tech boosts without it upsetting the balance of the game. I would expect using that as a reference point would be a good place to start.

So I would like to say that when I joined the server my first thought was to find L&K38 on the drop table, it was my favorite weapon when I was on Schthack and I saw that it was event exclusive AND combo locked but why?

Master Raven as well but at least it has a upgrade. And then with Psycho Raven you don't have handgun/sniper as long-range gun there is Lindcray for almost all classes but some characters can't use it for example the HUmar he can't use Heaven Striker then he deals damage with Asteron Striker? We have dark weapons with combo unlocked, the rangers have Yasminkov 9k with sniper range which is also a Vanilla weapon so shouldnt it have combo locked too?

So this is my very first post because if there is only one thing that I would like to ask it is the reason why L&K38 is combo locked when we have even dark weapons with combo.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hatsodoom Reiga said:

Add TP Mats to the drop table. Seriously guys..

I concur with this they already made luck materials more easily dropped randomly. So why not do the same for TP materials?

• Like 1

I'd like to have them be a common drop, maybe could be swapped with the "hit" material but then the whole table would need to be rebalanced as those have no chance.

If Saith wants to have some input that maybe.

• Like 1

On 1/14/2018 at 1:01 PM, xyusen said:

Why not do something with the extra trap on the Racast/Hucast characters? I see in the customize there is a 4th trap that I have never been able to use. 

• Like 1

On 1/14/2018 at 1:01 PM, xyusen said:

So I would like to say that when I joined the server my first thought was to find L&K38 on the drop table, it was my favorite weapon when I was on Schthack and I saw that it was event exclusive AND combo locked but why?

Master Raven as well but at least it has a upgrade. And then with Psycho Raven you don't have handgun/sniper as long-range gun there is Lindcray for almost all classes but some characters can't use it for example the HUmar he can't use Heaven Striker then he deals damage with Asteron Striker? We have dark weapons with combo unlocked, the rangers have Yasminkov 9k with sniper range which is also a Vanilla weapon so shouldnt it have combo locked too?

So this is my very first post because if there is only one thing that I would like to ask it is the reason why L&K38 is combo locked when we have even dark weapons with combo.

In response here, I would like to see all the combo locked weapons unlocked. IMO combo lock makes lots of good weapons completely unbearable to use. For example Snow Queen, Master Raven, even Glide Divine (I know the tech range boost is the main point however, if it's something you're keeping equipped as a force its really annoying that you can't do basic attacks with it).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CrimJob said:

In response here, I would like to see all the combo locked weapons unlocked. IMO combo lock makes lots of good weapons completely unbearable to use. For example Snow Queen, Master Raven, even Glide Divine (I know the tech range boost is the main point however, if it's something you're keeping equipped as a force its really annoying that you can't do basic attacks with it).

Snow queen pierces, if it wasn't combo locked it would cause severe probs.

Glitchy/lagging freezing and could be overpowered, seeing as how it would cost maybe 50pds for a weapon that would be superior to many 3x it's value and rareness

• Like 2