Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

could we maybe get the default auto-disconnect time to be 30 minutes? it's suuuper annoying to run out for something, come back to find i timed out, and spend an hour logging back in... i know it's a user setting, but i'm forgetful about it when i'm on different hunters

8 minutes ago, annacantsleep said:

could we maybe get the default auto-disconnect time to be 30 minutes? it's suuuper annoying to run out for something, come back to find i timed out, and spend an hour logging back in... i know it's a user setting, but i'm forgetful about it when i'm on different hunters

That seems like something you should take 30 minutes for to change on all of your characters and forget about.  Verses making Soly dig through the client's assembly code looking for the branch instruction that initiates that and editing it.

fix the DAR, that got chanmged before the event. been on all day, seen 1 banner...theres no way drop rates are what they claim to be from stuff last year. no wonder this economy is twisted nothing drops, not even for me just in general these rates are rediculous, i dont see anyone getting anything.

• Like 2

well, if something is said to of been 1/256 last year, why would it be anything worse when prices are rediculous? its not even about me getting drops this event, theire's no banners today rooms up all day hunting, like wtf quit beeing afraid to let stuff drop.

• Like 1

i challenge @Larva @Soly @Fyrewolf5 to do 300 runs straight ttf (me and someone were doing 2 man 12 min runs) back to back no logging pc off non stop 300 runs with me for STA so if its anything under that, it should drop. put it on shared, and if it drops the sta is yours. Just to prove it. we can do 100 naka runs if you dont wanna do 300 runs with me. any of you 3 starting tommorow night at 8pm untill tuesday im free to do a 24 hour run.

Gatekeeper made some sence of these "rates". Basically oits just random af drop rates at the end of the day, nvm this.

Edited by O9B066

5 hours ago, Lemon said:

That seems like something you should take 30 minutes for to change on all of your characters and forget about.  Verses making Soly dig through the client's assembly code looking for the branch instruction that initiates that and editing it.

you're right, it should, it's just an idea...

• Like 1

I don't remember if I have suggested this before, but it comes up every single time in my mind HH is on. Can we get telepipes to stack to at least x20? It isn't game-breaking or giving others an advantage over another. Running out of pipes normally isn't an issue, but during HH you want to keep as much uptime hunting and running to the shop to buy pipes can make the difference between not having enough time for another run and getting one last run in. For example, TTF requires that I need 12 pipes per HH, and that's not using speedrun strats. For example today, end of HH and I don't have pipes on me because I didn't drop them to my main that runs through the mines and ruins. I had to kill myself, and go back to pioneer and get more, run across the town and go all the way back through ruins. Wasted about 5 minutes of HH, which disqualified me from going on another run since I only have 10 minutes left, when I need at least 12. Again, this doesn't break the game for anyone and it can't be abused. Just a simple QOL change that hurts no one and can only benefit from (small benefit).  

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

7 hours ago, ryukin said:

I don't remember if I have suggested this before, but it comes up every single time in my mind HH is on. Can we get telepipes to stack to at least x20? It isn't game-breaking or giving others an advantage over another. Running out of pipes normally isn't an issue, but during HH you want to keep as much uptime hunting and running to the shop to buy pipes can make the difference between not having enough time for another run and getting one last run in. For example, TTF requires that I need 12 pipes per HH, and that's not using speedrun strats. For example today, end of HH and I don't have pipes on me because I didn't drop them to my main that runs through the mines and ruins. I had to kill myself, and go back to pioneer and get more, run across the town and go all the way back through ruins. Wasted about 5 minutes of HH, which disqualified me from going on another run since I only have 10 minutes left, when I need at least 12. Again, this doesn't break the game for anyone and it can't be abused. Just a simple QOL change that hurts no one and can only benefit from (small benefit).  

Items in the same item group (share the same 2nd byte in memory) all stack to the same number.  Telepipes are 030700, so all 07 items would stack to 20.  I don't think anything else is in that group, but I wanted to point that out for anyone else who wanted to suggest a change in the stack count of other items.

30 minutes ago, Scott18 said:

This seems pretty reasonable to be honest. Also can we change scapedolls to stack to as they really just end up eating up space in inventory and bank?

That wouldn't be a great idea...... auto-revive item that you carry stacks of in your inventory? That's more than a little unbalanced.

Edited by Fyrewolf5
  • Like 2

While reading some of the older posts about randomization of Happy Hour, I'm suddenly drawing inspiration from Discord.

I've got a friend who made a bot, and some features in it. Among them a PvM style minigame of the people against monsters he makes. Our activity on the server is logged and treated as gaining experience, as well as contributing to the spawning of these creatures. He's made it so both the amount of content we put out and the amount of people involved are used in the calculation for spawning creatures. At the present, it basically works with the likelihood of a creature appearing increasing the more people talk within the most recent 20 minute window. Nine people say something within the past 20 minutes, the odds jump to like 15% chance to spawn with a respectable message. Activity drops off and only two people talk for 20 minutes, the chance drops to like 0.75% or so. After a spawn, there's an invisible minimum wait timer before the next spawn to avoid everyone staying around and spamming to force more spawns. This is with a group of roouuughly 75 people.

I wonder how this kind of "activity increases the chance" treatment would work for Ultima. Look at the general levels of activity when an event is on and off, figure out what times get a respectable happy hour distribution among the most active time zones (US, EU, Pacific), find a calculation that works where enough activity can trigger happy hour. Give it a trigger that involves activity, such as the killing of monsters. If 10 hunters are actively killing monsters in the past hour, each kill calculates a 0.001% chance to trigger happy hour. If 30 hunters are actively killing monsters in the past hour, each kill as a 0.01% chance to trigger happy hour. After Happy Hour ends, deadlock it from triggering again for x hours so it has little chance to trigger during no-man's hours or immediately upon ending.
Note: These numbers are likely INCREDIBLY inaccurate to a good Happy Hour distribution; it's the concept more than the final result. The worst you could get is a single fanatic running high-kill quests as if unsealing things and triggering it at odd times once in a while so the lockout timer is going on during a busy period. Note I only described three general time zones; with the current limit of 12 hours possible per day, this accounts for a charitable GM giving a locked out time zone a freebie Happy Hour.