Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

The most fair would be nobody getting happy hour ever again.

In all seriousness though, I don't really think automating it in any fashion would be a good idea. It's much more useful to have more control as to when it comes on. Even if it was both automated and manual, the automatic ones coming on would be a chilling effect on doing more manual ones.

• Like 2

is it possible to make a weapons with lvl3-5 resta for Cast clases? this thing of using mates for soloing its really unfair, since all the roles has been balanced, FO and RANGER does heavy melee dmg, hunters and fo has nice range weapons, why not a support hucast, hucaseal or racaseal xd with non combo resta weapon with the slowest animation you found.

• Like 1

That is one of cast's only weaknesses (and a pretty pathetic one at that).  They have instant freeze on traps, they have shifta/deband (through twins photon blast and s-red\macho blades), and they have zalure through S-rank weapons.  Casts already have superior damage to other classes as well.  Giving them unlimited healing is NOT a good idea.  The whole point of having multiple classes is that there are suppose to be trade offs with picking one over the other.

Other things:

• FO only really does heavy melee damage with demons special, which is available to all classes. Or maybe Lindcray, which doesn't really compare with Charge Yas, DM or DF.
  • What does Hu and Fo having ranged weapons have to do with giving casts (HU and RA) free heals?  If you're going to pull the muddled class distinction card think about all the stupidly powerful ranged weapons that Ra still have in relation to the ones that Hu and Fo get.  Now think of the power of traps over spells.
  • Animation speed doesn't matter as you'd most likely do it out of the room like you do s-red\macho blades.
  • Almost all of the game allows you to return to shop to buy more mates, why is this a problem?

If it wasn't obvious I STRONGLY oppose this idea.

• Like 3

Would there be a way to fix the bug where items that have custom models bug with the original model? For example. I have the Crimson Sword model replaced with a DF model and have a custom skin on it, and when someone has an actual DF out, the Crimson Sword will take the skin of the DF. There's also really weird instances of items bugging eachother randomly. My skinned Tellusis will bug with ADR. It's probably similar to the issue we had a couple years ago(AN/PW, DF/Hylian, etc). Not sure if this is worth fixing but it would be nice.

13 minutes ago, mudkipzjm said:

Would there be a way to fix the bug where items that have custom models bug with the original model? For example. I have the Crimson Sword model replaced with a DF model and have a custom skin on it, and when someone has an actual DF out, the Crimson Sword will take the skin of the DF. There's also really weird instances of items bugging eachother randomly. My skinned Tellusis will bug with ADR. It's probably similar to the issue we had a couple years ago(AN/PW, DF/Hylian, etc). Not sure if this is worth fixing but it would be nice.

I get something pretty similar to this. I made a custom Banana Cannon skin that's based on the cannon rouge. Verified the Texture ID and followed the proper procedure with loading custom assets using the specified data folders/file name convensions.

I Jump in game, whip out the BC and it looks fine. Try it again with the cannon rouge: again looks fine. However, if both items are present in a game (say for example a ranger with the rouge and a force with the BC), they both take on the skin i created speciifically for the BC.

2 hours ago, mudkipzjm said:

I don't think the models bug out, but, as I might have explained before.

Textures have an ID (you can see it in the Texture Manager tool).
This textures serves the purpose of reducing memory usage in the game by tracking what textures have been loaded and reusing an already loaded texture if it's to be loaded again.

The problem we experienced before and you are having is that the people who make custom textures do not update the texture IDs and when you use your custom texture based on a DF (I suppose), it has the original's DF ID and since the other person loaded a DF before you, that texture is already in memory with the same ID as yours.

The correct way to go about this is to just go and update the ID.
When I make a afs/texture manager/editor I'll prolly make it update the IDs with the hash of the textures so they are unique and require no manual tracking (currently we have to keep in mind what IDs are used to not reuse them and cause issues)

If you want to update the IDs of your custom textures:

1. Open the prs/bin file in texture manager
  2. Export each texture as XVR
  3. Open the XVR file with a Hex editor
  4. Go to offset 0x10 and overwrite the 32 bit (little endian) value with something else, it must be unique.
  5. Import the edited XVR file.
2 hours ago, Exotic said:

I get something pretty similar to this. I made a custom Banana Cannon skin that's based on the cannon rouge. Verified the Texture ID and followed the proper procedure with loading custom assets using the specified data folders/file name convensions.

I Jump in game, whip out the BC and it looks fine. Try it again with the cannon rouge: again looks fine. However, if both items are present in a game (say for example a ranger with the rouge and a force with the BC), they both take on the skin i created speciifically for the BC.

Just to make it clear... the texture ID you are talking about is different than the one I mentioned in before.
The texture index (i'd call it that way) is the position in the ItemTextureEp4 file... basically the number of files up to your texture (archive)
While the texture ID is this

Md4kwfu.jpg

I think it's missing a command that makes a random number appear as a notification in the room, for example, we're playing a game in shared mode and dropped a rare item, to decide who will keep the item, we could use a command to generate random numbers as notification in the room, so the greater number gets with the drop. / roll would be the command: D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Soly said:

Just to make it clear... the texture ID you are talking about is different than the one I mentioned in before.
The texture index (i'd call it that way) is the position in the ItemTextureEp4 file... basically the number of files up to your texture (archive)
While the texture ID is this

Alright then. Your item database says "Texture ID" instead of "Texture Index", which is what I was using as reference. 

Anyways, here's what I did:

1. Extrated "file 475.bin" from ItemTextureEp4.afs
  2. Renamed to File 475.prs
  3. Opened File 475.prs in Texture Manager
  4. Extracted Texture 0 as a DDS from "File 475.prs"
  5. Made my own, using the same texture compression settings and dimensions
  6. Overwrote Texture 0 in File 475.prs
  7. Saved File 475.prs and moved to "data/items/texture"

Like i said it looks fine in game, but as soon as another object (cannon rouge in this case) with the same model shows up, the cannon roouge's texture takes on the my Banana Cannon's custom texture.

12 hours ago, Exotic said:

Alright then. Your item database says "Texture ID" instead of "Texture Index", which is what I was using as reference. 

yes because normally people wouldn't even look at that "internal" ID... and is shorter...

What you did is ok, but will cause issues for the reasons I explained before, I suppose is not that big of a deal but yeah.

13 hours ago, LEY said:

I think it's missing a command that makes a random number appear as a notification in the room, for example, we're playing a game in shared mode and dropped a rare item, to decide who will keep the item, we could use a command to generate random numbers as notification in the room, so the greater number gets with the drop. / roll would be the command: D

I can probably add a command like that.

• Like 1

On 23/11/2017 at 3:10 AM, Guido Palau said:

is it possible to make a weapons with lvl3-5 resta for Cast clases? this thing of using mates for soloing its really unfair, since all the roles has been balanced, FO and RANGER does heavy melee dmg, hunters and fo has nice range weapons, why not a support hucast, hucaseal or racaseal xd with non combo resta weapon with the slowest animation you found.

Anyway that wouldn't be a thing at all because you forgot that Resta takes account of your MST level.

I let you imagine how long you need to spam resta lvl 5 with 0 MST to recover a full HP bar on racast. (Plus, with a combo locked and slow animation weapon ...)

At this point, you better not move to automatically recover your HP and save the pain.

Just use a Gush weapon.

@Lemon

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Scott18 said:

Casts don't need resta weapons. If you don't like buying mates or star atomizers, then get better at the game or don't play a cast character.

savage^

9 hours ago, R-78 said:

Anyway that wouldn't be a thing at all because you forgot that Resta takes account of your MST level.

I let you imagine how long you need to spam resta lvl 5 with 0 MST to recover a full HP bar on racast. (Plus, with a combo locked and slow animation weapon ...)

At this point, you better not move to automatically recover your HP and save the pain.

Just use a Gush weapon.

@Lemon

In case anyone is curious, resta heals (45 + 5xtechlevel) + (mst/2). This means the Base Heal of Resta ranges from 50-195 at levels 1-30. Even the lowest hp cast (hucaseal) spamming something like a solferino (combo locked wand with resta special), even if it was boosted to level 30resta (which it definitely isn't currently and would take a lot of work to do), would have to attack 8-9 times to full heal. I'm not sure what level resta it has offhand, but you could probably heal just as fast by standing still and letting cast hp regen work.

Edited by Fyrewolf5