Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

Mini Event idea

We do a UNcombine Event  

So basically I have been hearing a lot about how people mistakenly used their POST, PBC, HCR, SB, etc., on a poor stat weapon hence suggesting a mini event that undoes that! 

Perhaps there will be a requirement either 10-20 pds or need to donate bronze/silver/gold badges for a UNcombination. 

I think this would be very low maintenance because not everybody needs this, just for those users that keep saying "UGH i cant believe i used it on such a low stat weapon!!"

thoughts?

Edited by anthonyplays
  • Like 1

I don't know if it would be a good idea...
I don't think any combination results into a consumable... and I am sure someone will come complaining that their god tier combination got reverted "by mistake".

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, anthonyplays said:

Mini Event idea

We do a UNcombine Event  

So basically I have been hearing a lot about how people mistakenly used their POST, PBC, HCR, SB, etc., on a poor stat weapon hence suggesting a mini event that undoes that! 

Perhaps there will be a requirement either 10-20 pds or need to donate bronze/silver/gold badges for a UNcombination. 

I think this would be very low maintenance because not everybody needs this, just for those users that keep saying "UGH i cant believe i used it on such a low stat weapon!!"

thoughts?

I actually kind of like this. Just need to find GM time to run it, which is the hardest part of mini events.

I know I had at least 3 mini event ideas from back when I was GM, but never had time to put them on. (or even run them by the rest of the staff)

Edited by Lemon
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Soly said:

I don't know if it would be a good idea...
I don't think any combination results into a consumable... and I am sure someone will come complaining that their god tier combination got reverted "by mistake".

That's the beauty of it. Arrest Needle 0/0/0/0 > POST and spread needle 0/0/0/0. If they arent happy with the action they can simply recombine it. The only thing missing is the grinders in this case. So that is how I would address mistakes. Also, following past mini events, limit the number of redeems could be a possible stipulation. :) Just food for thought

2 hours ago, anthonyplays said:

Mini Event idea

We do a UNcombine Event  

thoughts?

I'm not so sure about this either. Most combiners are balanced to be relatively easy, and the majority of the difficulty/value of the finished product comes from getting a good version of the starting item. Giving people a free pass just kinda throws a wrench in to how it's all set up, it messes with both the starting and finished items. If we were to start that kind of recurring event, I'ld have to go and take a look at all the rates for them and increase them. Personally, I think choosing what starting weapon you use the combiner on is an important decision to have to make, and not one that should be so easily reversed. It also would result in everybody unmaking bad ones and then making them all into only good ones, meaning there would be less variance in trades. Currently I don't see much of an issue with things as they stand since the combiners are designed to be relatively easier drops than most so that there could be many of them around and people could easily get multiples and use them on varying levels of gear without it really being too detrimental. I'm not sure I like the idea of an uncombine event.

• Like 2

On 2/19/2016 at 6:59 PM, makaveli said:

I could careless about the CR, that was some random gibberish of which starlord spoke. xD

But yes, ^^ your idea of a human- IF sounds good. Although I feel like HUs need more new gear before RA do.

Old post but yeah IF for ramar would be sweet 

Oh that'd be flame visit 

Edited by O9B066

How about automatic randomizing the HH? Because its often starting in the late night or early morning in some Countries.

That could end the Asking about HH, too.

Edited by _Kane_

A few small quality of life improvement thoughts.

1.) Allow bank styles to be saved the same way drop styles are.
2.) Can we adjust the roaming NPCs in towns to just sit somewhere obscure? It's annoying that they seem to act as heat-seeking missiles against players as they pass by.
2.5) If not, can we adjust something in their code to allow players to pass through them the same way players can pass through each other?
3.) Happy Hour's timer could perhaps be displayed upon login as if the /hh command has been used, or as a variable in the "Players" / "Parties" box when selecting the Ultima server on login.
4.) Probably another big thought for a little fix, but is there a way to remove the code that blocks out the requirements to use equipment and displays "CANNOT EQUIP" instead? I know my FOnewearl can't wear a 4-slotted Electro Frame, but I'd like to be able to see its requirements while on my FOnewearl to know if my RAcaseal could use it. Or if this HUcast I'm helping has hit the level for a spare 4-slot Armor I have lying around. And so on. The [X] next to the item name can certainly stay, and in my opinion, that's indicator enough.
5.) Website-side, could the Chatbox page be given a proper chat-style user list of who's logged in or not? The "Who is Online" list doesn't actively update with people coming in and out, after all.
6.) Website-side again, currently the PSOBB General forum has so many pinned topics that there's space for a whopping two more shuffle-able topics to be displayed. It's an odd day to have to check page two to find still-new posts. Is there any chance of cleaning this up a bit? I see a few guides (which we have a separate forum for), some that don't seem relevant due to updates elsewhere on the Internet (VoiP vs. Discord for communication, for example), and a Navigation Topic that could be expanded upon much more to keep pinned topics easily accessible.

8 hours ago, Kikori said:

1.) Allow bank styles to be saved the same way drop styles are.

Please

2.) Can we adjust the roaming NPCs in towns to just sit somewhere obscure? It's annoying that they seem to act as heat-seeking missiles against players as they pass by.

2.5) If not, can we adjust something in their code to allow players to pass through them the same way players can pass through each other?

I think it's possible to make them stationary. But idk if we'd do that, Soly doesn't like editing those. (or didn't when I asked)

3.) Happy Hour's timer could perhaps be displayed upon login as if the /hh command has been used, or as a variable in the "Players" / "Parties" box when selecting the Ultima server on login.

I like this one too

4.) Probably another big thought for a little fix, but is there a way to remove the code that blocks out the requirements to use equipment and displays "CANNOT EQUIP" instead? I know my FOnewearl can't wear a 4-slotted Electro Frame, but I'd like to be able to see its requirements while on my FOnewearl to know if my RAcaseal could use it. Or if this HUcast I'm helping has hit the level for a spare 4-slot Armor I have lying around. And so on. The [X] next to the item name can certainly stay, and in my opinion, that's indicator enough.

Not sure I understand the need for this.  Seems like a lot of work for very little payoff.

5.) Website-side, could the Chatbox page be given a proper chat-style user list of who's logged in or not? The "Who is Online" list doesn't actively update with people coming in and out, after all.

Or we could just move over to using discord like every other server. (A little biased).

Either way this might be very helpful.  I remember when I was a GM and would open up internet on my phone and it'd autoload forums and then I'd inevitably get 3-5 PM/emails about redeeming.

6.) Website-side again, currently the PSOBB General forum has so many pinned topics that there's space for a whopping two more shuffle-able topics to be displayed. It's an odd day to have to check page two to find still-new posts. Is there any chance of cleaning this up a bit? I see a few guides (which we have a separate forum for), some that don't seem relevant due to updates elsewhere on the Internet (VoiP vs. Discord for communication, for example), and a Navigation Topic that could be expanded upon much more to keep pinned topics easily accessible.

YES! Also people please post in the right section....  I might ask larva if I can get Forum Mod powers back so I can do this.  Winter break is coming up and I should have some time to do this then.

Edited by Lemon

1) I don't really think it would make much of a difference saving the current bank but I guess I can do it.

2) Personally I don't like to modify maps and stuff when there isn't really a good reason to do so, but Larva is the one who has the last word so I guess you can ask him.

3) I guess this is easier than exporting it to show in the forum, after all in game all you need is one command.

4) Those bunch if UI changes idk if I want to get onto it... the requirements of items are in the item wiki anyway.. ?

5) That'd be something for the chatbox developer... not much we can do.

6) I need to find some time to clean that stuff, I am aware of that and I told Larva about it after we merged the languages...I'll eventually get to it.

On 17.11.2017 at 1:45 AM, _Kane_ said:

How about automatic randomizing the HH? Because its often starting in the late night or early morning in some Countries.

13 hours ago, Kikori said:

Allow bank styles to be saved the same way drop styles are.

This has been added but a server restart will be needed for it to take effect.
We'll do it soon, probably when the next event starts.

13 hours ago, Kikori said:

Happy Hour's timer could perhaps be displayed upon login as if the /hh command has been used, or as a variable in the "Players" / "Parties" box when selecting the Ultima server on login.

I'll pass on this one for now, I will look into implementing it into Aselia tho.

On 11/16/2017 at 6:45 PM, _Kane_ said:

We have thought about it but I don't really want to mess with it in the current code base.
However in Aselia I was already implementing something similar, I haven't finished it tho.

• Like 1

Is it possible to get a command that disables/enables the automatic use of Scape dolls ?

• Like 1