Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

1 hour ago, Lemon said:

I know how we can drop pgf prices; combo lock DF and DM.

Go ahead and do that if you do not want to be part of the ultima staff anymore. Mess with @Larva and his dark weapons and he will remove you. :onion113:

Unrelated to the issue of the economy.
I've seen and heard a fair bit of people struggling to find a GM to redeem tickets for rewards. Seems like it should be an easy fix, though.

Server side, I could see it perhaps working with giving a single item at a time. potentially a way to fill out a form with guild card and character name so it automatically tries to add the item to the toon's Character bank. I don't know how adding stats to weapons works, so I'm not sure if it would be possible to treat this the same way.

Forum side, it shouldn't be too hard to get the GMs to compile a list of average times to be expected on, so people can have an idea when to look for instead of ask at random throughout the day and hope for the best. Keeping that up to date could turn to using a topic as a way for people to post saying "I'd like a GM for redemption" and GMs claiming them to schedule it.

• Like 1

for those that are stuggling to find a Gm to reedem, you can send a PM to any GM that is able to reedem ex: Soly, Serverus, i guess lemon, kajex and Fyrewolf5 can too, and put all the information of what you want, weapon/armor/misc, % or hit, guildcard, slot/bank and they will do when they have time: 

Example to anyone that dont know this:

Hi, i want to upgrade a weapon on this GC 4******* Slot 2 when you have free time

yask7 30-0-60-0 is to put hell special more 10 hit. its in normal bank

DM 0-100-0-100-50 is to put 20hit more 10hit. its in inventory

Total dt is 40

TY

Edited by Ricardo Gomes
not sure about kajex

31 minutes ago, Kikori said:

Forum side, it shouldn't be too hard to get the GMs to compile a list of average times to be expected on, so people can have an idea when to look for instead of ask at random throughout the day and hope for the best. Keeping that up to date could turn to using a topic as a way for people to post saying "I'd like a GM for redemption" and GMs claiming them to schedule it.

Unfortunately I don't know when I'll be online, so this doesn't really work for me.  Doesn't seem to be very often anymore.

7 minutes ago, Ricardo Gomes said:

for those that are stuggling to find a Gm to reedem, you can send a PM to any GM that is able to reedem ex: Soly, Serverus, i guess lemon, kajex and Fyrewolf5 can too, and put all the information of what you want, weapon/armor/misc, % or hit, guildcard, slot/bank and they will do when they have time: 

Example to anyone that dont know this:

Hi, i want to upgrade a weapon on this GC 4******* Slot 2 when you have free time

yask7 30-0-60-0 is to put hell special more 10 hit. its in normal bank

DM 0-100-0-100-50 is to put 20hit more 10hit. its in inventory

Total dt is 40

TY

Only Soly can do redeeming without both being online in a room.  But this is very useful when trying to redeem.  (also timezone helps a lot too)

Edited by Lemon
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Lemon said:

Unfortunately I don't know when I'll be online, so this doesn't really work for me.  Doesn't seem to be very often anymore.

Which is precisely why I think a published schedule of general times someone can be on would be a good idea. People would know to avoid you unless it's the specific potential hour; if it doesn't get them their stuff faster, it at least saves them some frustration of not having a request hanging for longer than needed.

12 minutes ago, Kikori said:

Which is precisely why I think a published schedule of general times someone can be on would be a good idea. People would know to avoid you unless it's the specific potential hour; if it doesn't get them their stuff faster, it at least saves them some frustration of not having a request hanging for longer than needed.

no kikori, a schedule will not help, it will only create more frustration if they dont keept up on that timer. as you may know, you never know your tomorow, so, sometimes you have more free time, and most of time, you dont have. my best advise is when you need to redeem stay in lobby until a gm comes, and it not very hard to find a gm in lobby on ultima

Edited by Ricardo Gomes

> "General times", "Average times"
More frustration if they don't keep up on that timer. As if it's an iron-clad job.

> "saves them some frustration of not having a request hanging for longer than needed"
Wait in a lobby until a gm comes... who isn't always marked or known as one to start with.

Either I suck at typing or I don't understand priorities by trying to keep it a casual experience with some semblance of structure.

Edited by Kikori

When you donate, you receive a PM that says:
"Please add a GM to this PM so you can redeem your donation tickets".

You can just do that, add a GM and when we log in we'll see the message.
You can also directly PM a member of the staff (I usually prefer specific messages rather than the automated one, but either works).

So that's it, there is no need for us to put ourselves into a schedule which as it was said, won't work... because we volunteer to help, some of those helping also have school or a job or both.

About me, if you PM me and ask for a redeem, if I am online and see it I'll give you instructions so I can redeem what you want.
If I can't do it right away for whatever reason, I'll probably let you know so you can be on the lookout for other GM or just wait until I get the chance, also there is the possibility that I'll do it while you are offline if you left enough info for me to do that (like what Ricardo suggested)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Soly said:

When you donate, you receive a PM that says:
"Please add a GM to this PM so you can redeem your donation tickets".

You can just do that, add a GM and when we log in we'll see the message.
You can also directly PM a member of the staff (I usually prefer specific messages rather than the automated one, but either works).

So that's it, there is no need for us to put ourselves into a schedule which as it was said, won't work... because we volunteer to help, some of those helping also have school or a job or both.

About me, if you PM me and ask for a redeem, if I am online and see it I'll give you instructions so I can redeem what you want.
If I can't do it right away for whatever reason, I'll probably let you know so you can be on the lookout for other GM or just wait until I get the chance.

Soly is superb at getting back to people in a timely manner for redemption. If people can't find a GM in game hes always able to get around to it sooner or later. Usually sooner then later Soly is awesome here MVP of the year award.:D

Edited by Ragol99
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I try to respond to people relatively quickly when they pm me, unless I'm not at home for some reason or other. I'm available most hours of the day, I am just more often on the server with my player accounts instead of my GM account, so people may not notice if they are looking for the blue name specifically.

Soly is great at it and typically fast especially id changes. But he also can magically do it when your not in game. Fyrewolfe and serverous each time ive asked I've been able to np. Just don't ask Fyrewolfe during a Hh he won't which is understandable. Also I see people asking going rogue...scroll to the bottom of the forums theirs a list of people on don't see a GM don't ask in chat box like I see alot. Or yeah send a pm it's pretty easy to redeem here.

@LemonAlso combo looking dw will sort of ruin em. My original post wasn't entirely about them. But when you have a 20 yr old game with shit graphics (granted game play and content here are trendmous) that a weapons cost more then what a basic pc cost or more then people's 6 line phone bill (at Verizon not bs sprint or T mobile) or car payment theirs issues. its not just dark weapons, this is just one example i recently seen of rediculous pricing on items, like theres some of these selling at whats been a normal price here that are sitting in peoples shops yet this person jacks theirs up thinking they'd sell. 59.4pds for a glide?? i just baught one for two for 30 pds. i know nothing can be done about individual people greed or (absence of knowing))ill use that term) from knowing what the general trend is. alot of stuff is at good prices but theres quite a bit that are rediculous. Fyrewolfe is always doing Price checks in chatbox. An example would be adept, 3 people will say 20 25, and 30 he'll jump in and say 10-15. I wanna say bruh this aint 1932 anymore....but hes sort of right. i can get a c/arms for 10 or 15...6 res isnt all that great, and a limiter is a super easy get.

unnamed (1).jpg

Edited by O9B066

Are we going to get back the boosted Ultimate mode someday ?

I've never seen it yet for the time I've been here and it would be nice to have a harder mode than Ultimate with all the powerful items implemented on Ultima.

some suggestions from me:

- add full dressing room (remove name changing)

- get notification when friends from card list come online

- happy hour alert on front page of this website(counter) OR mail on registered forum e-mail

- bring bank lady back to missions like PTS

- make /lobby work in ep2

I have an idea for dark and other overly priced items that might lower their price. Why don't you guys just give away pgf and other overly priced weapons and armor during Christmas? I'm not talking about event, I'm talking about the actual day. Like start a random giveaway to all the players who donated and work hard to keep the server running(in addition to the hard work of the GM's and ceo) you give away pgf, t- j sword, type weapons with hit and special, wedding dress, things like that. Like give it away to one per person(not character and not account to be fair) so that way everyone can at least has a chance to obtain one. So as a way to say f you to all the greedy scrooge McDucks and greatly undercutting shady(or misinformed) business deals. This in my opinion would greatly lower the price especially during Christmas event and even more so when word gets out that GM's, soly, and our ceo shows up to give us free pgf for being good little players.  Think about it, how can prices go up if there is an abundance of said item flowing around and no one needs a pgf anymore....well most people. This combined with the fact that pgf could be farmed on our server and a more balance of drop rates and hard to get items would do major to put the economy back on track. My other opinion would be to make weapons that rival that of dark weapons, so it gives players alternatives to a "unique" custom play style other than to abuse said weapons all the time. That would help immensely and even out the playing field. What do u guys think? I'm more than willing to offer ideas for blue prints for weapons.....come on use me man! I wanna be helpful