Ideas to improve the server - feel free to post!

5 minutes ago, O9B066 said:

I've paid 10 for 3-4 id changes idc about that.

Here's an example https://ibb.co/g6veTw

Makes me disgusted and not wanting play. 

Yeah cure all would be sweet and worth some money for sure. If things weren't so much more people would donate which means more money. Had I not spent so much here Idk where I'd be pso wise cuz this is getting retarded.

Yeah donating so much is absurd but I love pso, and have no other use for the money I donated here. I won't probably donate for a long time again here myself either though. I do my best to be fair with prices give away things to people, help newbies out etc. Economy has been broken for years now here unfortunately how it goes. I'd love to see a cure/all unit as no doubt everyone would be if nothing else.

45 minutes ago, O9B066 said:

Improve the economy. I have accounts on two other servers I don't use cause at the end of the day ultima is home to me for Psobb.

Idgaf about a dark weapon my ranger and my just about max IF is Damn near comparable. Hu sucks so there goes DF and pb is a waste of a Pgf. But seriously this economy blows balls compared to three other servers. One server Pgf is 95 dts another 150-175 pds....here $350 bucks...there's an armor comparable to sta on another 25 dts...things here. I won't even donate here anymore, donations I thaught were to help the server stay alive but it seems like the server is a cash cow tax free.

I know this post will irritate some but why do you think 15 Ish people just up and left to another server recently? 

That's hard to do.
It's kinda hard (like makes no sense) to regulate trades between people...
I don't know why people would go and pay that much to someone else when it's clear they are the ones trying to get the most out of you.
Also it's kinda difficult to compare out of nowhere prices and market in 2 very different servers but well....

About your last statement in the paragraph, we usually encourage people to trade other people instead of redeeming stuff from the list which most stuff is ridiculous but almost nobody redeems from there anyway, so no, not at all, on that note you are free to donate or not, that's entirely up to you.
In this note too, we have also been discussing how to improve part of this situation with drops but I cannot say much more than that.

About people leaving, I highly doubt that's the main reason (not saying is not one of the reasons), but I don't have much to comment on that.

• Like 2

All it takes is big boss to put his foot down and take control before this situation leads to major issues. Im starting to think the reason he doesn't interfere is because he benefits the most when it comes to this chaos. All he has to do is put a set price on pgf and it's variations and not leave it to the community. I'm going to be real and say this but this server does a lot of backwards things.

25 minutes ago, Ragtag26 said:

All it takes is big boss to put his foot down and take control before this situation leads to major issues. Im starting to think the reason he doesn't interfere is because he benefits the most when it comes to this chaos. All he has to do is put a set price on pgf and it's variations and not leave it to the community. I'm going to be real and say this but this server does a lot of backwards things.

It has nothing to do with top-down control. That doesn't work for this sort of thing. It takes ground up community effort to do. I've been arguing that pgf should worth what it was like 3 years ago. Only thing that happened was greedy people inflating the price with absolutely no basis to do so, and everyone else believing them because not enough people standing/speaking up to counter the claim. Often people coming from other servers would use prices from there to justify new prices here, which is just kinda ridiculous. Sometimes we've even made rates way easier for items and triple the total amount on the server, and some greedy people argue it should go further up in price still. Top down control does not work against that sort of thing; the economy is based on the community, and it's up to the community to actually stand up to counter greed. While I do think of myself as knowledgeable about the intricacies of each and every item, their requirements/usability/viability/hunt requirements/hunt difficulty/etc. and a fair judge of how much they should be against other items, I am but one voice, and one voice can only do so much. This is something that takes actually Active effort from multiple voices to do.

Edited by Fyrewolf5
  • Like 1

Yeah Fyrewolfe I see you pc stuff alot in chat box and have some fair prices. 

Soly awesome sounds like you guys are working on it. 

No that's not the sole reason they did but when that many do its something to wonder why and resolve it. I know i cant completely compare the servers but when you do there's a 250$ gap on one and $328 gap on the other so you have to consider them.

(Example Salems relic shop stuffs been sitting so long it's rusty why? Well look)

Edited by O9B066
  • Like 2

Has there ever been discussion of a happy hour rotation for the weekends? For example, divvy up four major time zones to create a fair spread for accessible hours, then designate Saturday or Sunday to hit one of those timeframes each week. Or something. :ph34r:

there had been alot of those discussion, but none of the GM can ensure that will be ingame to do HH, so it will keept in GM hands when they can or want to, since when there is no event, they track the last HH and decide to do it or not. it all depend on GM´s will and time ingame, since HH is not an obligation making it a random thing

37 minutes ago, Champione said:

It's like some of us can drop 350dts just like that. it should be a limit on how much u can spend on a item to help the market it was never this bad before

Some of us can your right. I'm married two car payments a mortgage etc. One car is a lease for 314 a month. How the f is a weapon in a twenty year old game more then my car payment? Each of my two video cards were 329 each. Some people are running pos pcs and dropping more then their pc cost for something that's crazy. Nothing in this game should be more then 150 dts maxed out. This server stuff is 3x more here on one server and another it's 15x more here. My cell bill is 330 a MO with a employee discount. Some people can afford it yes but in doing so, are their life priorities in order first? 

8 hours ago, Fyrewolf5 said:

It has nothing to do with top-down control. That doesn't work for this sort of thing. It takes ground up community effort to do. I've been arguing that pgf should worth what it was like 3 years ago. Only thing that happened was greedy people inflating the price with absolutely no basis to do so, and everyone else believing them because not enough people standing/speaking up to counter the claim. Often people coming from other servers would use prices from there to justify new prices here, which is just kinda ridiculous. Sometimes we've even made rates way easier for items and triple the total amount on the server, and some greedy people argue it should go further up in price still. Top down control does not work against that sort of thing; the economy is based on the community, and it's up to the community to actually stand up to counter greed. While I do think of myself as knowledgeable about the intricacies of each and every item, their requirements/usability/viability/hunt requirements/hunt difficulty/etc. and a fair judge of how much they should be against other items, I am but one voice, and one voice can only do so much. This is something that takes actually Active effort from multiple voices to do.

Greddy ppl huH? Like removing the best item in the game and having it drop 27 days out of there year,  wonder why people would be greedy about it?????? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Terrybriggs711 said:

Greddy ppl huH? Like removing the best item in the game and having it drop 27 days out of there year,  wonder why people would be greedy about it?????? 

Its not even about Pgf tho....I baught a maxed out trip stat PR for 65 you got people asking 100 or more and it's still sitting in their shop. I know it's hard for the powers that be to control the economy but I'm sure soly is really trying to figure stuff out. If things were less money more people could afford it and buy it. Which in turn is more money the server gets. I need another max pr for another char (I refuse switching gear) but will not donate 100 for something that is worth 50-75 so I don't level that ra.

48 minutes ago, O9B066 said:

Its not even about Pgf tho....I baught a maxed out trip stat PR for 65 you got people asking 100 or more and it's still sitting in their shop. I know it's hard for the powers that be to control the economy but I'm sure soly is really trying to figure stuff out. If things were less money more people could afford it and buy it. Which in turn is more money the server gets. I need another max pr for another char (I refuse switching gear) but will not donate 100 for something that is worth 50-75 so I don't level that ra.

well the reason why some people tried/try to sell PR at 100 dts is cause before valentines 2017 you had to start with a master raven 0'd and that meant you had to use 8*35% = 8*15dts= 120dts or ~10Photon spheres to max it :P just wait and the price will drop next event even more so DW haha

and humans are getting more and more lazy so thats why they pay that much for an item, others abuse that.. but thats humanity actually. id say stop complaining and hunt your pgf on your own. it will cost you some time and it will be annoying but if you really go for it it will drop! im one of the dudes who actually helped to raise the pgf price and i have to say it was dumb and id never do it again. ill never donate 1c since i know it is possible to easiely get everything with just hard work and the faith in dw! ;)

1 hour ago, Champione said:

It's like some of us can drop 350dts just like that. it should be a limit on how much u can spend on a item to help the market it was never this bad before

Thats what I was talking about. That's why I'm saying that the server leader should take authority and set a limit to prices. Because the community can not be trusted to do that. It's foolish(imo) to let the community decide when most players don't even know how a economy works. It is this very same reason why we are in this mess to begin with. An authority figure needs to take charge(I.e. server leader. The one with the most authority and the one who sets the rules here) before things escalate too far and we have a collaspe. There needs to be order, something this server needs desperately

However I will say this. I am more than willing to lending a helping hand to ending this nightmare for good. If any of you guys really want to put a group together so we can organize this mess and set up a system that benefits all players, I am more than willing to try. I have free time after work. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ragtag26 said:

However I will say this. I am more than willing to lending a helping hand to ending this nightmare for good. If any of you guys really want to put a group together so we can organize this mess and set up a system that benefits all players, I am more than willing to try. I have free time after work. 

Of coarse